XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05

Just want to spread the good news....finally after saving up for 3 months (well i could do with less time but mortgage and wifey's needs usually takes priority) my Mina exhaust is on it's way here....funny if you order thru amazon, it's actually cheaper $899 vs $945 than their website.

I wonder if anyone with the same set up experienced any changes in power as claimed by their website? does your Butt - o - dynometer can tell the difference? I am planning to get the intake also to get supposedly additional 23hp for my XK8

Old 07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am getting same for my 03 XKR. The tips were holding the order up, but I should have a tracking number today. :-)

Old 07-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts

I recently installed their exhaust system on to my 2000 XK8, having previously installed their intake system a few months ago. The overall sound of the car is greatly improved when you get on it; there's a mild roar from the air filter, and a subdued burble from the exhaust. I ended up changing the exhaust tips that came with the system because I thought they were a bit large and out of proportion (personal opinion). As far as additional power goes, that's very subjective. It seems to have better throttle response and doesn't seem to bog down as much at lower rpm's. Your results, as they say, may vary.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by XKRdad
I am getting same for my 03 XKR. The tips were holding the order up, but I should have a tracking number today. :-)

Yeeeey!! are u installing it yourself? or paying someone to do it?

Originally Posted by max224
I recently installed their exhaust system on to my 2000 XK8, having previously installed their intake system a few months ago. The overall sound of the car is greatly improved when you get on it; there's a mild roar from the air filter, and a subdued burble from the exhaust. I ended up changing the exhaust tips that came with the system because I thought they were a bit large and out of proportion (personal opinion). As far as additional power goes, that's very subjective. It seems to have better throttle response and doesn't seem to bog down as much at lower rpm's. Your results, as they say, may vary.
It's not droning right?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I need to keep the original exhaust and I don't have a lift, so I may have to purchase some time under one. I certainly prefer to do it myself.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Hi Max I recently just purchased the Mina intake....Did you install it yourself? can you take a pic of how it looks? I can't seem to figure how the part would fit ...I wonder if cutting the stock intake box is required.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Default Mina Intake

Installation of the Mina intake is pretty simple; remove the old air box, install the baffle box, then attach the new filter to the existing hose. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow and post it.

The baffle does a good job of keeping hot air from the engine away from the filter. Under moderate cruising, the intake air temperature is within a few degrees of ambient.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 AM

Installation of the Mina intake is pretty simple; remove the old air box, install the baffle box, then attach the new filter to the existing hose. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow and post it.

The baffle does a good job of keeping hot air from the engine away from the filter. Under moderate cruising, the intake air temperature is within a few degrees of ambient.
I know it suppose to be simple....but when I put the Mina's intake on top of the stock box....this is what I see (see pictures)

It seems like I have to modify the intake pipe to work with Mina's, am i looking at this wrongly?

Attached Thumbnails Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-20151001_174311.jpg   Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-20151001_174211.jpg  
Old 10-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Default Installing Mina Gallery Intake

My XK8 is a 2000 model year, so I'm not sure if your car, being 5 years newer, might have a different intake setup. I took some pictures of my installation; not that the rubber mounts holding the OEM air box on to the fender can be a bit of a bugger to get off (see picture of the mount). Beyond that, I would suggest you contact Chris at Mina Gallery and have him walk you through the install (which is what I had to do, because the directions that come with the kit aren't great).

I've purchased several products from Chris, and always found him to be very agreeable to customer service phone calls, as well as having high quality products. Anyway, here are some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-p1080177.jpg   Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-p1080178.jpg   Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-p1080179.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
zidjan (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 03:31 PM

My XK8 is a 2000 model year, so I'm not sure if your car, being 5 years newer, might have a different intake setup. I took some pictures of my installation; not that the rubber mounts holding the OEM air box on to the fender can be a bit of a bugger to get off (see picture of the mount). Beyond that, I would suggest you contact Chris at Mina Gallery and have him walk you through the install (which is what I had to do, because the directions that come with the kit aren't great).

I've purchased several products from Chris, and always found him to be very agreeable to customer service phone calls, as well as having high quality products. Anyway, here are some pictures.
Thx Max, it looks like my box is different that the earlier year box...I'll contact Chris and see what he has to say.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:07 AM

I checked on the Mina website, and you're correct; it's a different setup from 2003 - 2006. Give Chris a call. I found it helpful to call him when I'm at the car with the item in question ready to go. His shop does these installations and he's very well versed on how they get put on.

Best of luck!

Max

Old 10-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Mina exhaust/ air intake

I guess judging the price you paid you are doing the under axle?? system. I did use the mina rear can ( muffler) delete as well as the air intake. I am pleased with both. I did change the chrome extensions over to a wider, 12 inch long tail pipe extension. I like the look and found the wide mouth reduced the exhaust drone. Found removal of old system a snap on my '99 XK8. Little nut buster spray the eve before. loosen bolts, wiggle, wiggle system came apart. Both sound great when you get on the go pedal a bit. Lots of luck with your install. be sure to share the experience. Rich

Attached Thumbnails Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-jag-air-intake.jpg   Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05-99-jag-exhaust-pipes.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 PM

Yes...it's under the axle full cat back system...the exhaust still sounds too quiet though..it's not too different from stock....I might get the Macleod xpipe next year.

After talking to them, I realized that they actually forgot to send me the adapter where the MAF will go to....so they're sending it asap...I will post pics afterwards :-)

Last edited by zidjan; 10-04-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

Glad to see it's the under-axle setup, few are doing that, but it's on my list. Odd that it doesn't sound much different though. I wonder if a H or X-pipe indeed would do the trick?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:35 PM

My initial thought about the Mina cat-back system was the same as yours, but in conjunction with the sound the intake makes, it sounds pretty good (a subjective judgement). Also, the exhaust system seemed to get a bit louder after it had been installed for awhile.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:08 PM

My initial thought about the Mina cat-back system was the same as yours, but in conjunction with the sound the intake makes, it sounds pretty good (a subjective judgement). Also, the exhaust system seemed to get a bit louder after it had been installed for awhile.
I guess I may have spoke too soon... do you remember how many miles approximately before the exhaust note gets to 100%.... I guess I'll hold on to my opinion until everything is installed and 100%.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

I don't want to burst your bubbles guys but the intake filter is a bit of a swizz (as we say in England!). Look at the pic of the installed new filter ---->

Name:  XK%20Intake%20Filt_zpsw7biw7sc.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  155.8 KB

The reason it improves performance is down to the right - the tiny (original) intake duct. Compare its size to the size of the duct by the MAF. The new filter can suck much more air (some of it hot), probably improving throttle response. The 'improved' sound is because it's sucking under the bonnet and not the wing. Now for the depressing bit - chop the end off the standard box below the filter and you'll have EXACTLY the same thing! (Sorry guys).

Old 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Oh - and it will look better!

Old 10-06-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jimforrest (uk)
I don't want to burst your bubbles guys but the intake filter is a bit of a swizz (as we say in England!). Look at the pic of the installed new filter ---->

The reason it improves performance is down to the right - the tiny (original) intake duct. Compare its size to the size of the duct by the MAF. The new filter can suck much more air (some of it hot), probably improving throttle response. The 'improved' sound is because it's sucking under the bonnet and not the wing. Now for the depressing bit - chop the end off the standard box below the filter and you'll have EXACTLY the same thing! (Sorry guys).
So you are saying we don't need the intake to achieve the sound and the improved throttle response? we just have to cut the original box a bit and we'll get the same thing?

Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 AM

Correct. Cut it BELOW the filter panel and remove the original intake spout.

Quick Reply: Finally just ordered my Mina exhaust for my 05