Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Mats [from AutoEtc on eBay]

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts
Thumbs up Floor Mats [from AutoEtc on eBay]

So when I posted pictures a while back I mentioned getting new floor mats and showing everyone; I'm finally getting around to it

The mats I bought were from Auto Etc. They are available in these colors for around $45.00

They also have new "Plush Carpets" available for $10.00 (These were not available when I ordered, so I'm not sure how they look)

You can also get the Jaguar "leaper" logo embroidered on for $15.00 extra.

I opted for #17 Beige in hopes that it would go well with my interior (and since the plush colors were not available yet), here are the results:

It's not the same color as the carpets (not sure if the factory Jag mats are either) but they are really close to the seat color and go well with the rest of the interior scheme. Perhaps one of the new "Plush" colors would be better, but they were not available at the time. They offer one or two grommets per mat depending on what your car has. The grommets fit the floor hooks perfectly and are very sturdy. The mats also have a ribbed back to hold them in place. They carpet on these may be a bit thin, especially compared to the factory ones (I assume, since I haven't seen the factory ones) but it works for me and is slightly better quality compared to most "universal" style floor mats (which I doubt would come close to fitting these cars). The fitment is perfect so they lie nice and flat. One minor fault is that these mats lack a pad under the pedals for additional wear strength. The cost is obviously great compared to oem Jaguar mats so you can't go wrong trying them.

Dena at Auto Etc is great and will answer any questions politely and quickly. My only problem with the company is how they ship the mats. The speed of the shipment was amazing (mine arrived next day!), but the method wasn't all that great Mine came in a big bag almost like a trash bag so the mats were a bit wrinkled initially. Laying them in the sun for a short while straightened them perfectly, but was still a bit irritating.

If nothing else, it is one more option to consider when looking for mats.

Here is a link to the Auto Etc. eBay Store

The following 3 users liked this post by K.Westra:
Alvin Burns (07-04-2011), millenia man (02-27-2011), pophen (01-14-2011)
Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

thanks for the writeup K, I'd be a little disappointed in the thickness of those (I bet the heel will wear pretty quickly based on what you say) and the driver side mat doesn't taper and go up under the pedals just a bit. The OEMs do.

Glad you like yours, and yes...compared to $250 for original mats, these are a pretty good compromise.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

I'm curious how much thicker the "plush" carpeted mats are. I'm also curious how long these mats will last. I have thinner universal fit mats in the Cougar (but they do have a heel pad) and they've lasted about 3 years now and still look new. I guess time will tell.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Veteran member

so, how's the heel area holding up?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member

Still looks the same as it did in the pictures I posted. The carpet has a small area that is a little bit flattened (not very noticeable), but no more wear.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought these on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I thought the price was good, since they have the logo. Probably were returned, but they say they are brand new. Can't beat the price.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink XK 8 Floor Mats

See was also on this thread
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=35039

Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

XKR CoupeMan, great find!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

I just received my AutoEtc mats today. They are a little thin, but for the price I can't complain. Mine were not wrinkled at all, unlike Westra's. I got them embroidered with the leaping Jaguar for an extra $15. My car is silver with a black interior, so I got black mats with silver thread for the embroidery. They look much better than the old mats which were worn out.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Sam, did you get the regular ones, or the "plush" ones? I'd like to see some pictures if you would.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Most of the mats you get from auto parts places are made by Lloyds Mats. I haven't been successful at finding any with the Jag logo, because they always say they are not licensed to make them. I have berber mats now that are great for wear in the OEM color. Two years and still look new.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by K.Westra
Sam, did you get the regular ones, or the "plush" ones? I'd like to see some pictures if you would.
I just got the regular ones. They are black, so in the black foot well of the car you aren't going to be able to see much. It would just look like my ex-wife's private area, except not quite as ugly and nasty. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow in the daylight, though.

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Most of the mats you get from auto parts places are made by Lloyds Mats. I haven't been successful at finding any with the Jag logo, because they always say they are not licensed to make them. I have berber mats now that are great for wear in the OEM color. Two years and still look new.
I don't know if AutoEtc is licensed or not, but they embroidered the mats, and that's all that matters to me. Jag will get enough money from me when I need to get some service work done.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently purchased new floor mats for my 2001 XK8 from http://www.empirecovers.com/custom-floormats.aspx Luxe Ultra Thick Custom Carpeted Floor Mats. They are custom fit [type in you make model and year] and you can customize them with a logo. Being in the Air Force I went with that. They fit well, are really thick. Cost for the best floor mat they sell and customized with the Air Force logo was $227 (incl shipping)

Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Here are the pics. In the car the mats actually match the color of the carpet. The flash makes the mats look a lot darker and the carpet lighter.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

I see that they are offering them again.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...Q5fAccessories

Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the Beige Plush with the Jaguar logo. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member

They are a little slow, so don't be too anxious. Did you tell them what color thread you wanted on the logo? If not, they'll send you an email in about a week to ask. Also, they'll ask you if your mats use two of the little grommets or just one.

Having said that, mine are doing great, and for the price I can buy new ones every year.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, Sam. Those are exactly the questions I got. I've actually traded about 3 emails with Dena, she seems very helpful. I asked if the Beige or Prairie Tan is a better match for the beige carpet, and she suggested that I get the Prairie Tan because another gentleman returned beige ones because they were too dark.

I'm traveling now and don't have access to the car so I don't know the answer to the grommet question. I don't remember seeing hooks but they may be under the seat. Does anyone know how many I need for my 1999 XK8?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure about the 99's. My 2003 just uses one grommet per mat.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default I couldn't resist...

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
... It would just look like my ex-wife's private area, except not quite as ugly and nasty. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow in the daylight, though...
Sam, if it's that ugly and nasty, I'm not sure we want pictures in the daylight.

The following users liked this post:
zray (01-26-2022)

Quick Reply: Floor Mats [from AutoEtc on eBay]