XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse diagram for 1999 Xk8?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Fuse diagram for 1999 Xk8?

Greetings,

I searched on this site, but couldn't find a fuse location diagram for a 1999 (or any close year) Xk8. The owners manuals dont seem to include this information.

I see that there are 4 locations (each door well, the engine compartment and by the battery), but have no idea what each 'bank' covers.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,822 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Bowman, the JTIS CD doesn't have a "nice" listing of all the fuses, but if you are after one, I will sit down and trace out the diagrams and create a list for you. But, I will need to know whether you have a left hand drive (US) or right hand drive (british) car. There are some slight differences between the two.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Google look for: jaguar 2002 vehicle care handbook

The PDF is in several places in the Web. you should be able to find it in a few minutes, it covers 1999-2002

Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the offer! Much appreciated!

Here's the long version;

US model, so steering wheel on the left side.

I just bought this 'diamond in the rough', and bit by bit, I'm taking care of the check-engine light issues. All is well there.

As far as the other lights go, all seems to be working well, so grounding should be fine.

The only issue is the driver's side driving light (the one that comes on when the headlights are on.

While driving in the dark yesterday, the 'light failure rear' message comes on the dash.

The next morning, I open the trunk, unscrew the plastic shield for the lights on the drivers side, and I notice a very 'shotty' job of splicing the light to the side marker wire.

I make the assumption that this was a good fix, and re-wired it the same way (still spliced) only much better.

2 days later, the 'light failure rear' message comes on again.

This time, the side markers are out also.

I assume it's a simple fuse issue, so I test every fuse I can find, and they all test just fine...however I did come across maybe 4 fuses that had no current going to them at all (nothing on either side of the fuses), and I thought that a bit strange.

I read more on the posts here, and there was a mention about these are controlled by some relays in the fusebox adjacent to the battery.

That's where I had to stop, because I have no wiring or fuse diagrams whatsoever.

I thought by telling you the whole story, this may help with a diagnosis.

So right now, the side markers are out along with the original driving light in the rear.

I'm no novice when it comes to electrical matters, but I hate to go any further without some sort of diagram.

Thus my dilemma.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

Bowman, check out the attachment. That should have the portion of the diagram that you are after. Should show everything that you are after. The "5" inside the square is just saying that it is a common power supply point. All the "B" wires running off the right of the picture are ground wires that tie to a common point. The large block that all the wires run to is the lighting control module.

if you need anything more, just hollar.

Attached Thumbnails Fuse diagram for 1999 Xk8?-xk8headlight.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Chris,

Much appreciated!

By the way...there's no such thing as a 'reset button' on the lighting module, is there (or any other way to reset it)?

I think I know the answer, but it's always better not to assume.

Also, do you happen to know th exact location of the lighting module in this 1999 xk8 convertible?

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Tom, no reset button I am aware of. Granted, if in doubt, you can disconnect the negative battery post for about 5 minutes and then reconnect. That will reset everything in the car. So, this will mean you will most likely have to reprogram the power windows, key in the code to the radio, etc. Not a long process, but you will get an appreciation for how many control modules your car has. You can try unplugging the lighting module itself for a few minutes, but that may not reset all the functions as some may be controlled by other modules.

As for the module location, the module diagram doesn't list something as the "lighting module", but it does the lamp module. So, I believe these are one in the same. You will need to open up the trunk and access the spare tire. From there, up against the wall nearest the bumper on the passenger side, you will see 2 modules very close to each other with a 3rd module almost centerline with the car. You are after the module that is nearest the bumper.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Fjk
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If you need the wiring diag. for your car, send me a PM with your email addr. and I will send it. It is a PDF file.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Default Found the culprit...

Thanks to all.

I found my 'lamp control' module to be 'fried'.

I'm in the search process for a used one.

Thanks again to all!

Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

If you do not have a JTIS disk you can join www.Alldata.com and get it on line. I have both!

Gus

Old 01-22-2024, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default James Rosin

I replaced the left hand driver's side fuse box but it was not configured for my car and a lot of electrical items didn't work so I put the old box back on but top won't go down, problems with both door windows, a/c on switch doesn't work, radio antenna doesn't work

Old 01-22-2024, 08:00 AM
GGG
Received 16,749 Likes on 12,142 Posts

Originally Posted by James Rosin
I replaced the left hand driver's side fuse box but it was not configured for my car and a lot of electrical items didn't work so I put the old box back on but top won't go down, problems with both door windows, a/c on switch doesn't work, radio antenna doesn't work
Welcome to the forum James,

This is a 14 year old thread and not the best choice to get help with your electrics.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham