XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Your Help Guys......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow I Need Your Help Guys......

Well I've been shopping around to find a nice body kit that I like for my 99 XK8 Convertible and haven't found anything till I saw this. WOW it's beautiful. For some reason it kind of gives me that Aston Martin look in the front. But the body kit is very unique and sexy. I've been talking to some guy from Japan and he says that's where he makes it. But I have no name of the body kit and he won't tell me. Also he gave me a ridiculous price for it. I'm thinking this guy just buys the bodykit from somewhere and he sells it for more to make money on top for him. If anyone could help me and let me know if you guys know where to get this body kit or have a name for it???? I want to get this. THANX GUYS. Now just check these pics out. WOW!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry not seen that before. First glance i thought it looked very classy from the front, but the side skirts just look wrong. The rear bumper is well designed, if you like that race look.
As you said, the front resembles an Aston, but putting that on an xk.. people will roll their eyes, which is a shame, as it works relly well.

Last edited by X100; 05-01-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I like that body kit as well however it is not one I have sen before. Will you post a link to the person you were dealing with

Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 PM

yes here is his email = flagcompany0900@yahoo.co.jp

i think he's a middleman. If you get some more info from him can you let me know. I am interested as well.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the Rear Bumper very much, although the trunk lid needs a spoiler to pull it off properly in MHO. I wonder who/where these people are? A quick search of Laicy Design and Flag Company does not bring up anything relevant to Jaguars. What prices did he quote you?
Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-02-2010, 06:17 AM

OK, upon closer inspection I now see that it is "Fairydesign".

Old 05-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Old 05-02-2010, 10:28 PM

your right it does need a spoiler to complete the look from the rear. I can't believe you found a website. I searched for hours but couldn't come up with anything. Nice find Brian. I knew there was something fishy about the guy I was dealing with. The guy who emailed me his phone numbers don't even match with the number on the website. I'm gonna email them right now and see if i can get a real price.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:17 AM

Good luck! Please let us know what you find.
Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 PM

I've been emailing these guys but still no answer. Has anyone had any luck with them? I think i gotta find a japanese speaking person to call for me and find out.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 AM

Most japanese people speak english.. most of their exports are to the US.. I would call direct and surely if the one answering doesnt speak english you will have no problem finding someone who does. Once you do find the person, you should tell thm about mr middleman passing the product off as his own...

Old 05-09-2010, 06:33 AM

Yeah, they are struggling with English, although not nearly as badly as I would be with Japanese! They did reply to my inquiry, but there was really no content to it, no attachment nor product information. I emailed again, but have not heard back from them. What prices were you quoted by their middleman?
Brian

Dear Brian Smith
It apologizes to delay in answering.
I introduce the official Exporter for Fairy Design Products in japan
His name says a SHU. It is the person who is very reliable with our business partner.
Best Regards,

Fairy Design INC
Toru Takaba

Old 05-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

That is the same reply they sent me. Please let us know if you get any more information as I would like to buy the front bumper.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:54 PM

That was the same reply they sent me also. This is the email i got when i talked to the middleman.

Thank you for E-mail.

The body kit becomes 8500 dollars.

It becomes a set of a front bumper, a rear bumper, and the side spoiler.

The carbon, the mesh grill, the LED light, and the muffler cutter are attached.

Each part is elaborately made because it produces it with CAD.

Part where processing is necessary of installation.

If it is possible to report, the method of dealings and transportation is reported from

the exporter.

Thank you !!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Wow .. that is pretty darn sexy. I've worked in Japan (for G.E. nuclear) and the principals all spoke English .. even 24 years ago. The email response looks like it is a computerized translation .. not unlike something generated by bablefish. IF they aleady had a U.S. distributor, surely they would have referred you to him/her. I see that as an opportunnity for someone here (USA) to pick up the ball on this .. surely they have a need for an English fluent representative. I have imported from Japan, and shipped all over the world .. it takes courtesy and perserverance, but very do-able. If you have a keen interest, I would consider that strategy. The price point is just begging for replication though .. so that would definetely be a caveate, as carbon fiber is no longer rocket science .. kayaks, canoes, and skuls an example.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM

I have seen this body kit before. But let me tell you guys something it was a replica without the carbon fiber on the back bumper I guess the price would be more with it and less without it. The car owner will not tell me where he get it done I guess you could shop around for a good body kit maker and have them make a replica for you like a one-off custom design

Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 AM

I have seen this body kit before. But let me tell you guys something it was a replica without the carbon fiber on the back bumper I guess the price would be more with it and less without it. The car owner will not tell me where he get it done I guess you could shop around for a good body kit maker and have them make a replica for you like a one-off custom design

Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

YUCK. Those ruin the natural look of our cars. In my eye you can't make our car look any better then in stock form.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by brgjag
YUCK. Those ruin the natural look of our cars. In my eye you can't make our car look any better then in stock form.
I am tending towards your sentiments as well as tricking these cars out too much somehow cheapens them. I do sort of like the rear valence but have no interest in the faux Aston Martin look at the front.

Doug

Old 12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think this kit improves the appearance of our cars. If you were looking at an XK8 for the first time and were asked which front end looked the better of the two (stock or kit), I bet almost everyone would say stock.

That said, if you just want something different than everyone else, the Aston Martin front and the back look interesting and acceptable.

In my opinion the side thing has to go. Looks terrible.

Jack

Quick Reply: I Need Your Help Guys......