XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar XKR (X150) Vs Aston Martin DB9 Vol: I Test Drove Them Both Here Is My Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Arrow Jaguar XKR (X150) Vs Aston Martin DB9 Vol: I Test Drove Them Both Here Is My Review

I had the opportunity to test drive the XKR (X150) body style and the Aston Martin DB9 convertibles. Here is my overall review. The XKR is gorgeous and sexy all around. The model I test drove was an 08 XKR and it felt very similar to my XKR I have now. I like the new body style it has some new technology features that I like. Its fast and I love the styling. Next I had the opportunity to test drive an 06 DB9. The DB9 is stunning and sexy. I like the door handles and the way the doors opens its very unique. The exhaust is cool I liked the sound. It was fast as well. Overall I preferred the Jaguar over the Aston and here is why. The Jaguar is faster than the Aston. The Jaguar was more sexy and desirable over the Aston. The Jaguar interior was better than the Aston. The feeling inside the Jaguar was better than the Aston. Its kinda hard to explain but the Jaguar gave me a better feeling that unique. Dont get me wrong everybody likes James Bond and the Aston made you feel like Bond to an extent. I liked the Aston. But overall the Jaguar was the best also it cost less and you get to drive the best car for less. If your gonna spend double for an Aston Martin think twice its better to get the Jag instead. This is my review and my opinion only.

The following 3 users liked this post by jagxkrtoofast:
hlgeorge (11-20-2010), JAG06 (11-21-2010), RJag (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for sharing your opinion. id love to own a aston just for how stunning it is. exterior wise, the db9 is absolutely breath taking. im not saying the xkr isnt but lets face it, the db9 gives women boners lol. even the interior is nicer imo compared to the xkr. the guage cluster blows my mind! but performance wise, whos going to argue with what jeremy clarkson describes as "a giant supercharger backed by a v8 kind of as an after thought"

had the db9 recieved the xkr's performance, id sell my soul for one. (not really but its something id strive for)

Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How about a nice, "new" 2003 Aston Martin Vanquish with only 4,900 miles. http://www.poundwholesale.com/shop/details.php?v_id=96 Only $84,950!!! Designed by Ian Callum (Jag's top designer) it was AM's top of the line until 2007 and appeared in Die Another Day. V-12, 454bhp. I saw this car when I bought my 2000 XK8 from this outlet. It's really a great and sexy car, but my XK8 also has low miles and is in itself, classic perfection. It was also 1/4 the price. I think I got the better end of the deal ... but if I ever win the PowerBall lottery, I might pick it up as a daily driver.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

The Aston Martin DB9 is indeed stunning but the XKR is gorgeous. I like both of them they are great. However I prefer the XKR for various reasons. The DB9 has a great interior but the XKR interior wins hands down. You are graced with more wood grain or carbon fiber which is a plus. Also in the XKR its more user friendly especially with the touch screen navi that controls alot of features such as heated steering wheel. In the Aston you dont have touch screen. My overall test drive experience in both of them has led me to pick the XKR over the DB9. The XKR gave me a unique feeling thats rather unique. Yes the DB9 is the Bond Car but overall I preferred the XKR. Besides the value you get with driving the XKR is also a plus and keep in mind the XKR is faster than the DB9.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by NCE KTY
How about a nice, "new" 2003 Aston Martin Vanquish with only 4,900 miles...
Some really nice attention to detail but if you look closely at the interior shots you can see the XK window switches, door release levers, trip computer, hood and fuel door release buttons. I am sure there are a myriad of other shared components beneath the skin too. I understand Ford's cost control methods but now that these marques have been sold off it will be real interesting to see what happens in the long run, as witnessed by the new 510HP XKR, that would have never happened under Ford's control as it would have been a car with performance = to an A-M at half the cost.