XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought and already a problem, can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Just Bought and already a problem... imagine that

Get used to dealing with these problems. They dont end. I have ONE tip... KEEP DRIVING it. it seems that every Jaguar I have owned decided to have problems after I let her sit for a period of time.

With that said. I have been doing a LOT of electronic work to my XK8 recently. I have all my electronic charts scattered out still. If you email me at davidlthies@hotmail.com I would be happy to help you try and diagnose this problem. Tell me in detail what is going on with it and every light that lights or does not light that should. also, include any other previous problems that it has had.

Previous problems is an important thing. Did you know that the fog lights and the aux water pump (that feeds the cabin heater) are interlinked on some models, but not all models??? That was a FUN one to find!

I use alldatadiy.com for my schmatics and general shop books. It is SO worth the money! !

Email me. I love helping others when I can.
David L Thies
(Welcome to the ADDICTION)

Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

...just a hair over 3 years old on the original post David, now that's dedication on your part Don't feel bad, we all sometimes miss the date up there.

How did you find this post by the way, surely it was buried in dozens of pages of threads?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Was this car sitting unused or not used very much before you bought it? I have had my 2005 XKR for just over a year now and, since it was a 3rd car in a 2-driver household, there were several days that would go by without it being driven. I also had noticed some electrical gremlins (memory seat function wacky, a couple of false warning messages, etc.) and when I asked one of the service guys at my local dealer about these the first thing he asked was whether or not the car was used very much. He mentioned that these types of problems are indicative of cars that are driven only occasionally and once I started driving more regularly (thus keeping the battery in better shape) the problems should diminish. This is true as since selling my extra car and using the Jaguar as a daily driver there have not been any of these electrical gremlins.

Doug