XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a part #

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a part #

Hi, I have a 2000 XKR that I've broken a small hose on. I've looked all over but I haven't been able to make a positive ID on the part number for what I think is the upper bleed tube that runs from the coolant fill tank to a fitting at the front of the engine

Due to the ease of failure (I just flexed it a tiny bit to try to fit an allen wrench on the supercharger fill plug) my guess is that this is a commonly broken part. Also, how does one get the fitting out of the metal piping? (Do these use a coolant to air intercooler?) I haven't tried to remove the fitting, it looks almost like it needs a GM style fuel filter tool. I know old school stuff but this is too new fore me. I'm getting ready to sell the car for my mother so I need to get this fixed.

Thanks,
Will

Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile looking for a part

Here is a parts list with the jaguar part numbers.

Attached Files
Old 12-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Thanks for posting the PDF, I've looked at that before, I still can't tell what part I actually need because it doesn't show where it goes.

Is it part number MJB4582BB or MJB4468BB, or another one all together?

Thanks,
Will

Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfaguy
Is it part number MJB4582BB or MJB4468BB, or another one all together?

Thanks,
Will
It's #16 for XKR, MJB4582BB

Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 PM

Paul,
Thanks so much for the verification. The parts break down is sort of vague as to where things terminate on the ends.

I'll get this on order so I can drive the car again.

By the way, what exactly is the part that this hard line terminates in; and how does it come off? Is that the plumbing for an air to water intercooler? When the fitting broke, I was surprised to find that it went to the coolant tank. I think I might have to replace the bearings in the front of the supercharger as well as the drive bushing/coupler. The super charger makes some noise, I'm hoping that an oil change in the supercharger will help the issue, but I'm guessing not. It looks to be a fairly easy job to replace those bearings, but I'm not really sure what I'd be digging into with those hoses. (Before anyone questions my mechanical abilities, I just finished building an engine for my race car, it runs great. 200ish hp out of a 41 year old 8 valve SOHC 2L 4 cylinder isn't bad.)

Thanks again,
Will

Last edited by Alfaguy; 12-09-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfaguy
By the way, what exactly is the part that this hard line terminates in; and how does it come off? Is that the plumbing for an air to water intercooler? When the fitting broke, I was surprised to find that it went to the coolant tank. I think I might have to replace the bearings in the front of the supercharger as well as the drive bushing/coupler. The super charger makes some noise, I'm hoping that an oil change in the supercharger will help the issue, but I'm guessing not. It looks to be a fairly easy job to replace those bearings, but I'm not really sure what I'd be digging into with those hoses.

Thanks again,
Will
This is just a "Quick Connect" fitting to the Thermostat Housing.

There is a hose that connects the Air-to-Water Intercooler Loop to the Radiator Loop but that is in a different area of the Plumbing. Normally, there is no flow of Coolant through that Hose. It exists just to permit filling both Loops when changing Coolant.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

To remove, squeeze the connector on the open sides (the sides without the tabs) and pull. If you are lucky it will come out cleanly. On my car, the internal part of the connector broke and was rusted into the base of the inside of the metal pipe nipple. I had to dig the plastic remnants out with a drill bit and a screwdriver.