XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!

Took a quick video of my Jaguar xk8. Sorry for the bad camera phone quality!

Exterior modifications

-Wireless Remote Convertible Top (THANKS WHITEXKR!)
-Wireless Remote Hideaway license plate
-Mina Exhaust
-Dual tails
-Side mouldings removed (wanted to keep the side end clean and keep up with newer cars)
-Front and rear sidemarkers (reflectors) changed to white color leds (red led rear).
-The Jaguar leapers in the side was changed with white indicators
-Mesh grill
-HID setup for headlights
-custom paint (colors were mixed teal, blue, gray)

Let me know what you guys think!

Jaguar Xk8 Modded l Mina Exhaust l Dual Taillights l Remote Top l Hideaway License Plate + more - YouTube

- The wireless remote control top was purchased from Convertible Top Remote Control - TheJagWrangler. This is one of my favorite mods. I love getting out of the car and walking away while the top comes up itself. It really gives a new fun factor in how we use convertibles!

- I chose the hideaway plate for a few reasons. (1) to keep the front end clean while driving for its beautiful appeal! Esp in car shows/meets. (2) i can't park in Chicago streets w/o a plate, so i retract it up when parked! I purchased it from this site Altec Retractable License Plate Holder - 400EU

-The Mina exhaust was purchased rom Performance Exhaust Mina Gallery for Jaguar XKR. There is 3 different choices for tips. I chose oval tips. It seems the dual tips would have gave it a little more stock look as choices was limited . I was going for a MEAN look! This setup was actually modified to retain the V8 roar from the engine. I also opted out of getting louder exhausts as i wanted to keep it from sounding like a helicoptor! haha! This system was paired with a intake system from Jaguar XKR XK8 Performance Air Filter Intake K&N system for Jaguar XK8 XKR.

-The quad tail-light conversion was purchased from Jaguar XKR XK8 Quad Rear Light Conversion. I actually like this look better to improve the rear aesthics of the car and give it a more race inspired look. I was orignally going to puirchase the ones from Mina gallery, but i loved the adamesh ones more! Here is a link to the mina gallery quads Jaguar XKR XK8 Dual Taillight Conversion for Jaguar XK8 XKR. Im sure you will notice the little differenes between the two!

-The side indicators and side reflectors was purchased from chrome accessories | jaguar xk8 | jaguar xkr. I was kinda worried how this will look on the car. But it turned out great! AT night the car really becomes flashy and brings out the styling of my rims and color very well!!

- I purchased the 1 piece mesh grill from Jaguar XKR XK8 Mesh Grille for Jaguar XK8 XKR. I was between the 3 piece and 1 piece. Although i think the 3 piece is meaner!! I chose the 1 piece to give a whole new look compared to tradional xk8s. People have commented on my grill many times. I often get asked if this car is a 2011 or some people even asked if its a Maserati!!

I had the choice to keep my Jaguar or sell it for a newer Jag XK or another exotic car. I decided to upgrade the car instead and have never been happier with my choice!!

Last edited by hefeweize; 10-23-2011 at 02:22 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by hefeweize:
EZDriver (11-28-2011), PaulCarr (11-11-2014), WhiteXKR (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Nice color, nice wheels, wouldn't want them, too many spokes and I dislike cleaning wheels the best of times.

But apart from the mods mentioned and in your signature you have removed the side mouldings, fitted a facelift 2001 front bumper, looks good

Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Nice color, nice wheels, wouldn't want them, too many spokes and I dislike cleaning wheels the best of times.

But apart from the mods mentioned and in your signature you have removed the side mouldings, fitted a facelift 2001 front bumper, looks good

Thanks for the comments! Yes the wheels are difficult to clean!

I checked out the website in ur sig, i might be in trouble! Im loving what i see

Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

like the rear lights..and the bug on your page..smacked my screen several times

Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Where did you get the retracting License plate? That is frigg'in cool!!! I gotta have one.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Fantastic exhaust note, the best I've heard on an XK. Such a pity they force you to have oversized tips with these systems, I would really want to keep the stock look.

That number plate retractor is very James Bond, lol... and seriously illegal here in Europe

Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

The exhaust is great and the wheels are nice, but not really my style. I do like the deeper dish look they have though.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,257 Likes on 563 Posts

That retractable plate is groovy! Fortunately front plates aren't required where I live. The exhaust sounds great, not a fan of the tips, though. I love the color! Is that custom or is that an uncommon factory color?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Cool. Is this your license plate flipper? Speedflip.com

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by hefeweize
Thanks for the comments! Yes the wheels are difficult to clean!

I checked out the website in ur sig, i might be in trouble! Im loving what i see
Funnily enough I get that a lot

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
I love the color! Is that custom or is that an uncommon factory color?

Looks like Titanium to me, def one of my favs

Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the comments!

The license plate is this one. WhiteXkr that flipper site is cool. Maybe i need a rear one like James Bond! lol

Welcome to Altec Products Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpFgUY_zqZY
That youtube video is som1s else car with a better view of how it works

You can also get a non remote electric one which is probably better for those who like to hide the lic plate manually (w/o the hassle of a remote control install and possibility of device failure) during meets or long cruises.

I love these rims, it also has the Jaguar emblem in the middle making it look clean and not the "spinner 26 inch look" The Mina exhaust setup was partially customized by a friend who owns a Custom Car shop.

The color of this car is custom. Its a mixture of blue, teal and gray. Might be anotehr color i forgot. But the tone changes during the time of day. On a bright day it looks greener, late afternoon more gray/titanium and nite looks Shiny titanium!

Here is pictures of my car 3-4 years ago before the mods!

I miss the black color, but it was time for a change.. my Bmw is already black i wanted to be 'different' lol
If you notice the Jaguar side marker emblems are different now. Jaguar pre-wired it for signals which i have now

Last edited by hefeweize; 10-10-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I love the retractable plate. Can you wire it to the ignition and have it retract whenever the car is shut off?
I need to get a front plate, i have been driving without one but it is only a matter of time before i get a fix it ticket.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Nice looking car and nice color. I wonder why though folks blank out the license plate so often when posting pictures or video. They can see your license plate all day long when driving so what is the big deal?

Doug

Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by waterloo
I love the retractable plate. Can you wire it to the ignition and have it retract whenever the car is shut off?
I need to get a front plate, i have been driving without one but it is only a matter of time before i get a fix it ticket.
Good idea! I dunno how this would work, im sure som1 in the electrical field enlighten us. There is also a manual version of this plate w/o the remote.

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Nice looking car and nice color. I wonder why though folks blank out the license plate so often when posting pictures or video. They can see your license plate all day long when driving so what is the big deal?

Doug
Thankks for the compliments!

I always thought this myself as well. My friend who was with me told me to blank out the plates. I sorta said the same thing you said and he made some good points why people do it.

People are capable of getting your name and address from the plate. You may ask .. so? Well, anyone who checks out your car on the forums/youtube and see's you have "a super turbo charger" or a "rare gold emblem" can look up your car and either steal parts or vandalize for amusement. Or even som internet stalker who you previously said some "negative" thigns to wants revenge. who knows

Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by waterloo
Get the manually switched (not remote) electric one at www.speedflip.com. Then, instead of using the switch, wire it to an SPDT relay whose coil is powered by an ignition-on circuit (such as by tapping into the cigarette lighter power).

Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

That exhaust is dope

Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

looked at this again and im going for the number plate device

Old 10-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

The speedflip just seems to do a 90 degree which means the plate goes horizontal and sticks out the front.

I like the hideaway. When it goes under the front bumper, how is clearance decreased?

Also, how much difference in sound within the car?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Nice! I use this more for the clean front look. I cant park in Chicago streets w/o the plate or ill get a ticket so i put it up when parked.

Another video for understanding.

Altec Remote Show n Go Retractable License Plate Holder - YouTube

Not sure if any1 will be interested but i do have my interior audio modified. I have a Navigation with a hidden satellite radio and navi antenna. the unit is a JVC which replaced the the stock radio. I also replaced all my stock subwoofers to low profile subwoofers with a AMP. THe amp was installed in place of the original CD changer so the trunk is virtually untouched! Every speaker was replaced. The car audio looks stock, but everything was replacedd! No subwoofer box or modified holes/cuts in exterior!! Only thing is the Radio which i needed for Navi with remote! Best sounding car ive had. Subs dont rattle and its clean! I have pics of the install. if i find it ill post.

Last edited by hefeweize; 10-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Where did you get the license hider? I can't find a price or means to order on Altec.

Quick Reply: My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!