XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jamjax
Car looks and sounds great.

Love the white side marker lights and confirms my intention to change out the orange colored versions the clash with my Zircon Blue car's color.

In my hood of Geneva, Switzerland they have 100 traffic cameras that generate $300,000,000 dollars a year in fines from them. No kidding. They published a newspaper article bragging about it.

It is also illegal in Switzerland to have a Sat Nav system that tells you where they are.

A colleague of my wife's got over $1,200 dollars in fines in 20 minutes driving from Lusanne to Geneva about 25 miles /40 km because he didn't realize they had speed cameras on the Autoroute every 5km.....

I am going to get one of the plate flippers for the front and one for the back, annoyingly they use both front and back cameras.

There is one intersection at the end of the Mt. Blanc bridge that is at the end of the lake where the Rhone river starts up again that can give tickets for 27 different types of infractions!

Heck I can't even think of more than five.

I just realized that if you had two of those on the front you really could be like 007's Aston and change plates at will........hmmm.

cheers and thanks for the post.

jj
Thanks for the comments! The white sidemarkers really help blend the colors! Ive done this mod in a few other cars ive owned in the past as well!

Originally Posted by xenophobe
I think you just inspired me. I think I know what I want to do with my XK8 now.

That color is amazing. On my screen it looks sort of like pewter. I love that color. I'm thinking chevy crate motor and a repaint.
Thanks for the comments! Yes, the color took alot of mixing and matching. I mixed a few colors to get it this way. I was originally going to try the TITANIUM Grey found in the Nissan GTR! Im happy i went a bit 'different'. I am very interested in seeing progress of your build! Make sure to post pics!

Originally Posted by mjlaris
Really like the car. I'm getting ready to do some of the same mods (quad tail lights, side reflectors). How difficult was this to fit? How/where did you attach it under the car?

Mark
Thanks for the comments! As for the light mods they were not difficult at all. Depending on the QUADlights you purchase make sure you find a good auto-body shop to factory match the paint color on the quads! A different shade can throw people off, depending on the color of course. The plate flipper is attached under the bumper. We sized it just right so you wont see it sticking out 2 much from under the car.

Originally Posted by john henderson
the color is a natural, really sharp.

any cutting etc. required to install the plate flipper?
Thanks for the comment! You just have to mount it under the bumper. You can drill it st8 on. If you look in the first page, i have a video of how the plate works (w/0 being attached to a car) to give you a better idea.

Originally Posted by AB22 Easy Tiger
Just bought the one piece grille, I think this isn't going to end well for my credit card.
I love the 1 piece grill!! I was going for the 3 piece at first, but i wanted to give the car a more different look than XKrs!

Originally Posted by Bigguy3903
I really like some of the mods youve done to your jag. I just bought this 99 XK8, lowered, conv, HRE 540 20in wheels, custom exhaust (not sure what it is but sounds cool). love that color too Hefeweize..going to look into the remote conv top etc.. thanks
I had never seen a lowered XK till I got mine, sits almost as low as my last vette.

with me in the background you can get some perspective

Thanks for the comments! You must get the remote top! In the summer there is nothing like walking to your car as the top is rolling down! I love how your car is lowered, how is the handling in bumpy roads? I see your car fitted with a body kit in the front/rear. Looks good! I would prefer a lip style spoiler tho. Personal pref. I love ur rims and the center caps! Thx for sharing!

Here is a few pictures of my car that was from Super Car meet not to long ago!

Last edited by hefeweize; 12-13-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Updates to this thread always give me one of those 'Mmmmmm Nice' moments.

Quick question, is there an in car indicator to show you whether the plate is flipped or not? I can see that forgetting could lead to embarrassing discussions.

Some very pretty cars you have there, guys.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigguy3903

Haha, I can just see me driving that on the roads around Houston, it would be shot to bits in a day.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pimp my ride...ha, this is the way i bought it, its growing on me tho. it really rides great , maybe those pirellis have something to do with it. and its unique, havent seen any other lowered XK's, not sure if thats good or bad. LOL

Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Looks like an early Arden kit with Ascari Penta wheels, not all that dissimilar to jaxkr's XK

Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 AM

The lowering kit was installed in germany in 1998. The car was brought to tampa FL for the international auto show. I cant seem to find any Arden tags and the original owner bought the car in tampa, she didnt have any of the original paperwork. I wonder is there anyway to find out who did the work, any peculiar features that would identify a certain company's work.
the wheels look like penta's, that s what I thought originally, but they are actually HRE 540 20in polished aluminum.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Translator
Updates to this thread always give me one of those 'Mmmmmm Nice' moments.

Quick question, is there an in car indicator to show you whether the plate is flipped or not? I can see that forgetting could lead to embarrassing discussions.

Some very pretty cars you have there, guys.

Thats a good idea actually. WIll look into some type of indicator. Normally, i dont forget to flip the plate as im anxious to use it everytime! Sorry for the late reply, i have been pretty busy!

Ps: CAN'T WAIT TILL SUMMER!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by hefeweize
-The Jaguar leapers in the side was changed with white indicators
All of the cars on this forum are beautiful but you have one of the best looking XKs I've ever seen and all the mods you've done complement each other. I have a couple of questions because I'm doing some similar mods. First, I have replaced the Jaguar leaper emblems on the side, just ahead of the doors, with white indicators as you have; got them from Ademesh. I would also like to replace the front amber and rear red indicators with white indicators and amber/red lights but have not found anyone selling these parts. Where did you buy yours? Next, who makes those wheels? They are the nicest I've ever seen! Thanks,

Mark

Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Adamesh do a type that is clear but has a strip of LEDs in (it was an idea I gave them and did the first prototype )

I did have a pic some where if I find it I will post it up...... If you go for it anyway you could always get Geoff to post them to me and I will chuck them in with your other stuff

Alternatively Zahran do a clear reflector and you can change your bulbs to orange and red

Last edited by XKRacer; 03-02-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by mjlaris
All of the cars on this forum are beautiful but you have one of the best looking XKs I've ever seen and all the mods you've done complement each other. I have a couple of questions because I'm doing some similar mods. First, I have replaced the Jaguar leaper emblems on the side, just ahead of the doors, with white indicators as you have; got them from Ademesh. I would also like to replace the front amber and rear red indicators with white indicators and amber/red lights but have not found anyone selling these parts. Where did you buy yours? Next, who makes those wheels? They are the nicest I've ever seen! Thanks,

Mark

Thank you for the kind words!!!!!!

Now as for the side indicators.. it was one of the most questionable mods i made.. i was thinking it would make my car look 'ricey' or lose its class. I purchased the LED front and back led lights. I was worried about the front amber replacement as it has a blue tone in sample pictures. The red led rear looks gorgeous in pics. After installing the indicators, i never been happier! Looking at the car with the LEDs installed at night from a short or far distance makes it look gorgeous!! Also during the day, the orange replaced with white makes teh car appear modern. As for the rims.. i don't really remb where i got them from or the maker, but i do remb i had to get the center jaguar logo custom made to make it look stock. I did put a ebay link of the rims (similar style). Please post pics of ur car!

jaguar accessories | jaguar xk8 xkr | led reflector lights

^ ^ ^
link to leds. I did not have 'option b' before..

20" M20-For Bmw Wheels,5 series M5 Rims525 528 535 550 E52 | eBay

excuse my grammar, 4am! gnite.

PS XKRACER. i do lvoe the new website layout.. i don't wanna get in trouble with all the goodies u have on ur site! My fiance told me "Enough! with these car addons!!"

Last edited by hefeweize; 03-02-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Great car! Very tastefully done.

One caveat for those considering owning for the long haul.....

In real estate it's "Location Location Location"

With cars it's "It can only be original once"

Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you remember where you purchased those wheels? I looking for some like that

Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

please tell me where I can buy some of those wheels!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by knowledge
please tell me where I can buy some of those wheels!
Who are you addressing concerning the wheels ??

Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the plate is retracted while driving does it vibrate? Jegs.com is a source @ $131.99.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats a great color on the car. Good choice.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM

Sorry for bump. Thanks for comments!

Wheels can be found on ebay. You will have to find the center caps or get it custom made!

The retracting plate does not vibrate. Its very sturdy

Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by hefeweize
Thanks for the comments!

The license plate is this one. WhiteXkr that flipper site is cool. Maybe i need a rear one like James Bond! lol

Welcome to Altec Products Inc.
Altec show-n-go license plate frame - YouTube
That youtube video is som1s else car with a better view of how it works

You can also get a non remote electric one which is probably better for those who like to hide the lic plate manually (w/o the hassle of a remote control install and possibility of device failure) during meets or long cruises.

I love these rims, it also has the Jaguar emblem in the middle making it look clean and not the "spinner 26 inch look" The Mina exhaust setup was partially customized by a friend who owns a Custom Car shop.

The color of this car is custom. Its a mixture of blue, teal and gray. Might be anotehr color i forgot. But the tone changes during the time of day. On a bright day it looks greener, late afternoon more gray/titanium and nite looks Shiny titanium!

Here is pictures of my car 3-4 years ago before the mods!

I miss the black color, but it was time for a change.. my Bmw is already black i wanted to be 'different' lol
If you notice the Jaguar side marker emblems are different now. Jaguar pre-wired it for signals which i have now
Love everything but the green wheel centers. Totally need the new silver and black.

Attached Thumbnails My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!-1ypgtj.jpg   My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!-206ls20.jpg   My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!-140anx1.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the car hefeweize. Did you get your taillights painted to match car?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Love that license plate holder! Found a few on ebay; I don't suppose it matters who's elling them but the link in your vid just went to the generic site with no way to search for that item.

One thing I noticed - did your front end ever have any damage? It looks like there is some space between the hood and the front bumper. Could be the camera angle though.

Quick Reply: My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!