XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, i really like all you did. Love the sound of the ex. I am restoring 2 2k XK8's I still have to do a lot I want to do. you gave me same cool idea. ? What did you do to make your exhaust sound that way. You did a great job with it.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisw
like the rear lights..and the bug on your page..smacked my screen several times
HAHA Me too! D'oh!!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

They have the retractable plate on ebay, i was going to order it but it appears some have had problems with it scraping and breaking. I have an 06 so the spoiler is already low and scrapes on my driveway sometimes. I think i will go with the manual show n go, if that does'nt brake i will probably upgrade to the electric. Have you had any problems with the plate hitting the ground? Did you simply hook it to your alternator for power?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive had no issues with scraping or breaking YET. The plate doesnt hit the ground at all since its installed directly under the bumper. I still have good clearance. Im just very carefull not to accidently park and hit parking stones etc etc.

Due to questions, IVE UPGRADED MY ORIGINAL POST WITH LINKS AND DETAILS OF MY MODS! Take a look!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hefeweize

- The wireless remote control top was purchased from Convertible Top Remote Control - TheJagWrangler. This is one of my favorite mods. I love getting out of the car and walking away while the top comes up itself. It really gives a new fun factor in how we use convertibles!
Thank you!!! I have designed dozens of devices over the years, but this little module ranks up there as one of the most fun and gratifying.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just love the exhaust note!!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got to get that plate flip mod! It's sooo 007.. Your exhaust sounds great too! Ronnie

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-w-pics-62465/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-lumper-63806/

Old 11-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Car looks and sounds great.

Love the white side marker lights and confirms my intention to change out the orange colored versions the clash with my Zircon Blue car's color.

In my hood of Geneva, Switzerland they have 100 traffic cameras that generate $300,000,000 dollars a year in fines from them. No kidding. They published a newspaper article bragging about it.

It is also illegal in Switzerland to have a Sat Nav system that tells you where they are.

A colleague of my wife's got over $1,200 dollars in fines in 20 minutes driving from Lusanne to Geneva about 25 miles /40 km because he didn't realize they had speed cameras on the Autoroute every 5km.....

I am going to get one of the plate flippers for the front and one for the back, annoyingly they use both front and back cameras.

There is one intersection at the end of the Mt. Blanc bridge that is at the end of the lake where the Rhone river starts up again that can give tickets for 27 different types of infractions!

Heck I can't even think of more than five.

I just realized that if you had two of those on the front you really could be like 007's Aston and change plates at will........hmmm.

cheers and thanks for the post.

jj

Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jamjax
I just realized that if you had two of those on the front you really could be like 007's Aston and change plates at will........hmmm.
I recall reading a story some time ago about people in one city in the US who gathered the license plate #'s of the city officials responsible for deciding to install the traffic cams. People then printed out fake plates with those #'s and intentionally triggered the traffic cams, resulting in the fines being sent to those who ordered the cams installed

The following users liked this post:
Mexk8 (11-27-2011)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioXK
I recall reading a story some time ago about people in one city in the US who gathered the license plate #'s of the city officials responsible for deciding to install the traffic cams. People then printed out fake plates with those #'s and intentionally triggered the traffic cams, resulting in the fines being sent to those who ordered the cams installed
Here in Mexico we don't yet have speed cams (though there is radar). The cops remove your plates for parking infractions! I am missing my front plate and will have one made on sticky back vinyl as whilst it is illegal to drive without a plate, it is also impossible to get a replacement! Viva Mexico...

Your car looks great, but what are the "side mouldings" that you removed?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I think you just inspired me. I think I know what I want to do with my XK8 now.

That color is amazing. On my screen it looks sort of like pewter. I love that color. I'm thinking chevy crate motor and a repaint.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by hefeweize
I chose the hideaway plate for a few reasons. (1) to keep the front end clean while driving for its beautiful appeal! Esp in car shows/meets. (2) i can't park in Chicago streets w/o a plate, so i retract it up when parked! I purchased it from this site Altec Retractable License Plate Holder - 400EU
Really like the car. I'm getting ready to do some of the same mods (quad tail lights, side reflectors). How difficult was this to fit? How/where did you attach it under the car?

Mark

Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jamjax
It is also illegal in Switzerland to have a Sat/Nav system that tells you where they are.
Not meaning to change the topic, but how would they know you have such a sat/nav system? Also, as all this is information that can be legally collected by anyone so inclined, I can not see how possession of that information/knowledge can be illegal, at least not in a democratic country?

Mark

Last edited by mjlaris; 11-28-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,257 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by Mexk8
Your car looks great, but what are the "side mouldings" that you removed?
The little strips down the door that are supposed to protect the door from dings. Compare the pic of my car down below to the video that xenophobe posted 3 posts up.

Mexk8 (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
The little strips down the door that are supposed to protect the door from dings. Compare the pic of my car down below to the video that xenophobe posted 3 posts up.
Thanks for that. A cleaner look, but the potential door damage... I am going to have to think about this...

Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

MJ;

There is no info on my Tom Tom about speed cameras in Switzerland, that is how.

They prohibit the distribution of the information.

Should point out that radar detectors are illegal in all of Europe and they can be destroyed on the spot. Or if the Officer is in a bad mood they can impound your car until you visit a judge and have a fine imposed on you that is proportional to your income. There have been a couple of notorious cases lately...one in Norway for 181mph the fastest ever violation recorded and one in Switzerland for 161 mph....both veryyyyy expensive....

FYI I have had my share of "Come to Jesus" meetings with Texas Highway Patrol officers.....who think it is a Federal Offence that anyone would think that just because Texas is flat with perfectly straight freeways to the horizon and is bigger than France that you would dare go five miles an hour over the speed limit in your sports car and endanger the children and mother's of the 'Empire of Texas'.

Stick to the wide open spaces of the Southwest where at least the line of sight and a high end radar detector levels the field a bit.

And oh yeah don't forget to turn it on.....yep made that mistake once and was halfway into the argument that they were BS'ing me when I looked and saw it was off.

Hefeweise/Yeast Wise (Really? Are you a baker?)

Your car still looks fantastic and I am going to order the white side markers from XK racer in a couple of Minutes.....along with an '05 grill to delete the Jaguar "Fangs" of my '03....thanks for the inspiration.

Gotta keep the door strips though....small parking spaces over here and lots of Granny's that drive and open doors using the touch method.

Though yours does look 'slimmer' with out the prophylactic belt.

cheers,

jc

Old 12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the color is a natural, really sharp.

any cutting etc. required to install the plate flipper?

Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just bought the one piece grille, I think this isn't going to end well for my credit card.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like some of the mods youve done to your jag. I just bought this 99 XK8, lowered, conv, HRE 540 20in wheels, custom exhaust (not sure what it is but sounds cool). love that color too Hefeweize..going to look into the remote conv top etc.. thanks
I had never seen a lowered XK till I got mine, sits almost as low as my last vette.

with me in the background you can get some perspective

Last edited by Bigguy3903; 12-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Man, I really like those wheels.

Mark

XKRacer (06-17-2013)

Quick Reply: My Jaguar Xk8 : let me know what you think!