XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nalley Jaguar closing Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Nalley Jaguar closing Saturday

Just thought I would pass this on....Nalley Jaguar is closing Saturday. I ordered parts from Steve today and he told me that the parent company is merging Nalley with North Point Land Rover at 1505 Mansell Road Alpharetta, GA 30004
(770) 587-2000. Steve said he will still be available over there to care of all of us Cat owners.

Top Answer

06-10-2012, 10:08 PM
JLRNPDOUG
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Some info. to rest your minds...

Hennessy Land Rover North Point acquired the Jag franchise from Nalley, there is not any type of merger. A few exceptional Nalley employees were hired by Hennessy and will be joining, arguably, the most well respected automotive group in the Southeast.
The new name for the dealership will be Hennessy Jaguar Land Rover North Point and will be located at the current Land Rover Centre in Roswell/Alpharetta, just a couple of miles from where Nalley Jaguar once stood. This will be Hennessy's third Jaguar franchise so there will be an outstanding support system between the three stores which will result in better service and access for all current and future Jaguar owners.

We are all extremely excited about the Jaguar brand and look forward to providing you all with an experience that exceeds your expectations!!! The Jaguars will be here on Wednesday, June 13.

My name is Doug and I posted in the intro. section here if you would like to learn more about me and our dealership. I look forward to contributing positively to the Jaguar community.

-Doug Martin
Jaguar Land Rover North Point

Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Very sad to hear. All of my dealings with Dan & then when he left, Steve were great.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Sad news, they were always good to deal with.
Hopefully that will continue with the new set up.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Are they still going to be an official Jaguar dealer?

Jack

Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Steve said they will merge Land Rover and Jaguar together and they will still sell Jag parts and cars

Old 06-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Hennessy Land Rover North Point acquired the Jag franchise from Nalley, there is not any type of merger. A few exceptional Nalley employees were hired by Hennessy and will be joining, arguably, the most well respected automotive group in the Southeast.
The new name for the dealership will be Hennessy Jaguar Land Rover North Point and will be located at the current Land Rover Centre in Roswell/Alpharetta, just a couple of miles from where Nalley Jaguar once stood. This will be Hennessy's third Jaguar franchise so there will be an outstanding support system between the three stores which will result in better service and access for all current and future Jaguar owners.

We are all extremely excited about the Jaguar brand and look forward to providing you all with an experience that exceeds your expectations!!! The Jaguars will be here on Wednesday, June 13.

My name is Doug and I posted in the intro. section here if you would like to learn more about me and our dealership. I look forward to contributing positively to the Jaguar community.

-Doug Martin

The following 12 users liked this post by JLRNPDOUG:
berlin1977 (12-30-2012), BlkCat (06-11-2012), cjd777 (04-07-2020), dlnga (09-09-2014), joycesjag (06-11-2012), K.Westra (06-11-2012), knowledge (06-11-2012), Mikey (06-13-2012), Norri (06-11-2012), OregonJag (06-11-2012), RJ237 (04-06-2020), The Coupe (06-11-2012) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by JLRNPDOUG
The Jaguars will be here on Wednesday, June 13.

Love it!!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Thats great. Welcome Doug

Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JLRNPDOUG

-Doug Martin
Doug,

Thank you for the information. I bought my car from Hennessy and the purchase experience was excellent. Hennessy has also done the routine maintenance and I am pleased. Excellent dealership.

That said, I am a little concerned that Hennessy is now the only game in town (Atlanta). No other authorized Jag dealer. Not sure that is a good thing for the customer.

Jack

The following 2 users liked this post by BlkCat:
2002XK8Orlando (06-13-2012), Reaxions (08-21-2023)
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 PM

Well, spent the morning moving Jaguars from the old Nalley store to our location. Very impressed with the comfort and driving position as well as the performance of all the models! I'm even more excited now and the cars look great mingling with the Land Rovers.

No worries on the fact that we are now the only game in town for authorized Jaguar Sales and Service...it's been that way for Land Rovers since 1994 and seems to be beneficial to all parties. I will leave it at that so that I don't promote our business but wanted to address the above poster's stated concern.

More info regarding Nalley: I believe they are going to remodel the "old" Jaguar store and move their Audi franchise to that location. The place is huge and very impressive, so the Audi folks should be well taken care of. It seems like it will be a much more suitable place compared to where they are now and Audi is producing some exciting machines these days.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Welcome Jack! Any discussions amongst management-type (you know, while on tea breaks and admiring the new additions to the inventory) about maintaining the jaguarforums relationship and offering the same great deals on parts to its members? ...we all appreciated the free shipping BTW Will you even be taking a parts order for shipment? I suppose I should ask that first.

How about getting your post count up to 10 and posting a few photos of the desegregated dealership! I'd love to see what the new Hennesey looks like. We realize vehicle placement on lots are often an artform, not a science, so don't worry about us criticizing spacing, the viewing angles, etc. lol

The following users liked this post:
2002XK8Orlando (06-13-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by H20boy
Welcome Jack!
Matt,

I think you meant to direct this to Doug. I am just a Hennessy customer.

Jack

Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Yes, apologies...I got a little confused.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, Doug: Any price breaks on parts for Jag Forum members?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Default Jaguar parts discount

Steve at North Point Land Rover/Jaguar still gives forum members a discount. Im not sure if he ships parts anymore but he definitely still takes care of forum members. 2 weeks ago I bought plugs from him
North Point LR Jag 770 587-2000

Old 04-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just called North Point Land Rover/Jaguar to see if I could get any records of maintenance on the recent 2005 Vanden Plas I purchased from a private owner(widow). She was unable(so far)to locate any records of maintenance. The response I got from a service consultant was that Hennessy didn't have any records which resided with Nalley, before they bought the franchise. So basically, even with a vin number, maintenance records are gone(he said it was a privacy issue(meaning, purchasing the franchise didn't release Nalley's customers records, whatever they were). At 105,700 miles, I can handle what needs to be done, but it's always nice to have maintenance records.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

This dealership is just down the street from my daughter's house(in Milton). I stopped in one day a year ago to look at the current supply of F-Types. Maybe it was because I was driving my wife's Cadillac SUV, but no one came to see if I was interested in a Jag, L.R. or otherwise. I am going back to visit after this current Covid-19 fiasco is over. We are considering a L.R., and I would like to see what they have. Maybe with the merger/buyout, they will allow me to look??
Maybe I should look for Doug or Steve.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
This dealership is just down the street from my daughter's house(in Milton). I stopped in one day a year ago to look at the current supply of F-Types. Maybe it was because I was driving my wife's Cadillac SUV, but no one came to see if I was interested in a Jag, L.R. or otherwise. I am going back to visit after this current Covid-19 fiasco is over. We are considering a L.R., and I would like to see what they have. Maybe with the merger/buyout, they will allow me to look??
Maybe I should look for Doug or Steve.
That's my same thought-don't want to approach anyone now, with this pandemic hanging over us. I was just hoping to get to some records of maintenance. I wonder if their staffing is very skeletal now, since there's too much interaction in sales, test driving, etc. There's predictions of this novel coronavirus returning in the fall, so who knows when we'll be able to return to normal. It's risky to buy a car, without having it fully scrubbed down like an operating room?

Old 04-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,323 Likes on 735 Posts

It must be a Jaguar thing, as I got the same run around from Scott Jaguar in Charlotte and the car was a one owner brought from them in 2000. What records the owner had were trashed when the car was picked up by a dealer, he told me he left them in the car.
They missed his number in the owners manual and he was kind enough to give me all the information he could remember. Mainly, tennsioners.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by cjd777
It must be a Jaguar thing, as I got the same run around from Scott Jaguar in Charlotte and the car was a one owner brought from them in 2000. What records the owner had were trashed when the car was picked up by a dealer, he told me he left them in the car.
They missed his number in the owners manual and he was kind enough to give me all the information he could remember. Mainly, tennsioners.
You were fortunate, then.-the owner was not only alive, but he could recall some important maintenance notes. The interesting question from all this, that surfaces in my thoughts is, when a dealership acquires the franchise of any other dealership, as Hennesey did with Nalley, would it be an option for the acquiring dealership to retain(legally)the acquired dealerships customer records? Or are those records no longer legally transferable? OR.. would they generally be inclined to toss them out? I guess there isn't a monetary incentive to do that, as they don't want to continue any former relationships that could possibly bring a deal ($$$)into their coffers? Haha.

Remarkably, ten years ago, I bought a used 1990 MB 300E from a Cadillac dealership. They handed over a huge stack of maintenance records, minus a few they retained for some reason. I was impressed. So it might be a Jaguar thing, afterall? I bought this car assuming I would receive maintenance records because the owner owned a tire/car maintenance shop. His widow hasn't found (or won't look hard enough?)any maintenance records. Since the cabin filter I replaced looked as though it was NEVER changed(think clogged and black), I am assuming this car wasn't maintained to the extent the widow said it was. So with 105K, I'm making a list.

Quick Reply: Nalley Jaguar closing Saturday