XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new addition 2006 Jaguar XKR Victory edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new addition 2006 Jaguar XKR Victory edition

After lurking and reading for many months, I Sold my 1968 E-type and just purchased a beautiful 2006 XKR black metallic copper with charcoal interior.
51760 miles. It has been serviced since new at one jaguar dealer on the Main Line in Pa through two owners. I had them do a pre purchase inspection and it came up great. one button on the dash and one nut cover on the wipers were replaced. In addition they did the headlight TSB for the condensation. I had smelled antifreeze, they did a pressure test for me and replaced two clamps, so no issues there. It had a major service in August of this year at 50000 miles. I am now looking at several extended warranty companies. Any suggestions there? I have the name and address of the second owner, I will try to get in touch today. I know others have said what I am about to say, I wouldn't have made this move without this forum. What a great bunch with such knowedge. I know I will be asking questions in the future without being able to add much in the beginning. I will have my daughter help me with adding pictures. I am not sure but I think I added the car to my signature.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

Welcome to the friendly forum!

There is a lot of good info here for DIY repairs and also grades! should you get bitten by the bug.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by steelman3
After lurking and reading for many months, I Sold my 1968 E-type and just purchased a beautiful 2006 XKR black metallic copper with charcoal interior.
51760 miles. It has been serviced since new at one jaguar dealer on the Main Line in Pa through two owners. I had them do a pre purchase inspection and it came up great. one button on the dash and one nut cover on the wipers were replaced. In addition they did the headlight TSB for the condensation. I had smelled antifreeze, they did a pressure test for me and replaced two clamps, so no issues there. It had a major service in August of this year at 50000 miles. I am now looking at several extended warranty companies. Any suggestions there? I have the name and address of the second owner, I will try to get in touch today. I know others have said what I am about to say, I wouldn't have made this move without this forum. What a great bunch with such knowedge. I know I will be asking questions in the future without being able to add much in the beginning. I will have my daughter help me with adding pictures. I am not sure but I think I added the car to my signature.
Feel free to post some pictures of your new ride. Is it a coupe or a convertible? About the warranty - I believe that Costco offers the most comprehensive used car insurance there is. They're not the cheapest, but in terms of what they cover, they're the best. Good luck and enjoy!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Received 4,180 Likes on 3,643 Posts

welcome - man I'm trying to get to an E-type (of course many's dream car)!!! Pics indeed (of both) when you can and enjoy the friendly, supportive environment found here!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by DevSpider
Feel free to post some pictures of your new ride. Is it a coupe or a convertible? About the warranty - I believe that Costco offers the most comprehensive used car insurance there is. They're not the cheapest, but in terms of what they cover, they're the best. Good luck and enjoy!
I apologize, I knew I woukd forget something. A convertable.
I tried again for the signature.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Picture!! I almost re sprayed mine that color!!
Congrats! It's a rare color combo!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Welcome aboard!

I must say I would be hard pressed to sell an E-type (wish I still had my '69 convertible), but the XK is certainly a more modern car and is a joy to drive. More comfortable and more trouble-free IMHO.

Looks like you picked a good one. Hope you have many miles of pleasurable driving. And as everyone says, pictures please.

Trending Topics

Old 10-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 4,180 Likes on 3,643 Posts

sig is visible but no pic - signature pics are limited in size so you may need to adjust it

Old 10-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,339 Likes on 724 Posts

Congrats! I don't know if I could've gone ahead with selling a '68 E-type, but the XKR is a great car!

However...

Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

The Victory Edition is rare enough but Black Metallic Copper is the most elusive.

Added to that, a one owner with full Jaguar Dealer service history is also the best provenance you could wish.

Signature is showing up perfectly. Get your daughter working on those pictures!

Graham

Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Jag#4;841250]Welcome aboard!

I must say I would be hard pressed to sell an E-type (wish I still had my '69 convertible), but the XK is certainly a more modern car and is a joy to drive. More comfortable and more trouble-free IMHO.

It wasn't an easy thing to do, to sell my E. I had it for a bit over 6 years and did quite a bit (or had it done) to it. I wasn't going to be able to take it to the next level $$$$ replace rusty panels etc. It was a driver for sure we took it to Limerock in Ct. the last 3 years and took it to Va. for the 50th anniversary of the E-type. it wasnt till I saw the XKR that I purchased that I sold it. hopefully the next caretaker will be able to do some of the things I couldn't.
By the way I took several pictures of the XKR this past weekend, now I need to have my daughter load them to the forum, hopefully tonight. I am not a digital guy.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by steelman3
It wasn't an easy thing to do, to sell my E. I had it for a bit over 6 years and did quite a bit (or had it done) to it. I wasn't going to be able to take it to the next level $$$$ replace rusty panels etc. It was a driver for sure we took it to Limerock in Ct. the last 3 years and took it to Va. for the 50th anniversary of the E-type. it wasnt till I saw the XKR that I purchased that I sold it. hopefully the next caretaker will be able to do some of the things I couldn't.
By the way I took several pictures of the XKR this past weekend, now I need to have my daughter load them to the forum, hopefully tonight. I am not a digital guy.
Get her to load some of the E-Type while she's at it. We won't mind.