XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 bank 1 sensor 1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default o2 bank 1 sensor 1?

How would I go buying this specific part? I had bought a post cat left side direct fit sensor but apparently that's not the one.

Trying to pass the inspection but these damn sensors keep coming up. So far replaced battery and coolant temperature sensor. Now its just giving me 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 on the machine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:26 PM

How silly of me to forget, Year and make is 99 XK8.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

Is your code for post or pre cat O2 sensor? When I purchased my XK8, it had a check engine light for a bad O2 sensor. Left, bank one, the hard one to replace. I think I bought it at Rockauto for around $75. Worked fine and the car passed emissions.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by johns55
Is your code for post or pre cat O2 sensor? When I purchased my XK8, it had a check engine light for a bad O2 sensor. Left, bank one, the hard one to replace. I think I bought it at Rockauto for around $75. Worked fine and the car passed emissions.
Pre-cat, jaguar dealership wanted 250$ for it... bought it online from BuyAutoParts for 120.

Hopefully thats the only thing I need to pass inspection. Machine said there was a problem with the catalytic converter which I assumed its from the bad o2 sensor. I also suspect that the exhaust pipe has a leak somewhere. I heard a constant whistling sound towards the back of the car when i'm on the inside of the car and according to forums I have to replace my coolant expansion tank due to constant low coolant message even thou coolant is topped off. This car is a lot of work so far but I still love her .

Old 10-01-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by emendoza91
Pre-cat, jaguar dealership wanted 250$ for it... bought it online from BuyAutoParts for 120.

Hopefully thats the only thing I need to pass inspection. Machine said there was a problem with the catalytic converter which I assumed its from the bad o2 sensor. I also suspect that the exhaust pipe has a leak somewhere. I heard a constant whistling sound towards the back of the car when i'm on the inside of the car and according to forums I have to replace my coolant expansion tank due to constant low coolant message even thou coolant is topped off. This car is a lot of work so far but I still love her .
Yes, these cars are a lot of work. I had to replace the coolant tank also. It's a good job to do while doing the 02 sensor because removing the tank gives you better access to the sensor.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

I follow the while you're there login on a lot of stuff. I just had a downstream O2 sensor go, so I just bought both up and down, and shotgunned them. The parts are dirt cheap ($150 for the pair) and my time isn't worth pulling it again if the second one goes. I pulled the cat though to get them, so it was minimal extra effort to do the second one. I went with Denso for both.

I just had the supercharger idler pulley bearing go. $19 for a new bearing. I did the bearings in the SC tensioner pulley, and the serpentine idler and tensioner pulleys. Under $100 for great quality bearings and I shouldn't be back to that part of the car for a while! I also did new Goodyear SC and Serpentine belts; $40 for the pair. I really recommend this while you're there approach on older cars since it really increases their reliability.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by 80sRule
I follow the while you're there login on a lot of stuff. I just had a downstream O2 sensor go, so I just bought both up and down, and shotgunned them. The parts are dirt cheap ($150 for the pair) and my time isn't worth pulling it again if the second one goes. I pulled the cat though to get them, so it was minimal extra effort to do the second one. I went with Denso for both.

I just had the supercharger idler pulley bearing go. $19 for a new bearing. I did the bearings in the SC tensioner pulley, and the serpentine idler and tensioner pulleys. Under $100 for great quality bearings and I shouldn't be back to that part of the car for a while! I also did new Goodyear SC and Serpentine belts; $40 for the pair. I really recommend this while you're there approach on older cars since it really increases their reliability.
You are so right. Sometimes it makes sense to spend a small amount of extra money to prevent a larger expense later. I think this philosophy works best if you're doing the work yourself. If not, the dollars, pounds, and euros go flying.