XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Omg !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Omg !!!

Picked up the car this morning - had a nice run up M3 and down M25 - beautiful car - did not miss a beat and despite the roads being a bit wet and greasy, no rear-end wobbles either. I love it! Met Dave the former owner who offloaded all sorts of goodies with the car. He came up in his DB9 to RGC.

My only slight hitch is that I cannot eject the CD cassette from the changer which is in the boot. There is an Er 01 code with the handbook advises to get Jag to have a look. If there is anything else I can do from here though, I thought it worth asking here.

Thanks guys.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I am assuming you are referring to the cd cartridge holder in the trunk and not the cassette slot on the dash. I get the Er1 code on occasion, and each time I simply eject the entire cartridge and then firmly re-insert, and play returns to normal. Is the cartridge not ejecting? You may have to use some "gentle" persuasion. Enjoy your beautiful new car.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default jammed cd

I had a no disc code displayed inside the car .
I had to remove the CD unit from the cradle inside the boot. I opened the case to find the CD jammed inside the unit.
I white greased where most of the mechanism accepts the new cds and all tracks that looked like they needed some grease to facilitate the transfer of the cd in the unit and back to the cassette.
It has been working nonstop since the grease job. Do a search for the cd unit.
I found all the step by step instructions on this forum.
Enjoy your beautiful Jaguar!!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this problem a month back also got the error code and was starting to think it was going to be a disassembly job but don't know why but gave the unit a few taps on top and side and out popped the cartridge. So maybe worth trying nothing to loose.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RSsteveH
Picked up the car this morning - had a nice run up M3 and down M25 - beautiful car - did not miss a beat and despite the roads being a bit wet and greasy, no rear-end wobbles either. I love it! Met Dave the former owner who offloaded all sorts of goodies with the car. He came up in his DB9 to RGC.

My only slight hitch is that I cannot eject the CD cassette from the changer which is in the boot. There is an Er 01 code with the handbook advises to get Jag to have a look. If there is anything else I can do from here though, I thought it worth asking here.

Thanks guys.
Glad you are pleased with your purchase !!!
I know Dave and he put a lot of work and money into your car ,

Happy motoring

NikasilNik

Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
I am assuming you are referring to the cd cartridge holder in the trunk and not the cassette slot on the dash. I get the Er1 code on occasion, and each time I simply eject the entire cartridge and then firmly re-insert, and play returns to normal. Is the cartridge not ejecting? You may have to use some "gentle" persuasion. Enjoy your beautiful new car.
Indeed yes I should have remembered that there are a lot of American enthiusiasts with 'trunks' and not boots. Gentle persuasion was right. A few taps with the end of a screwdriver and a kitchen knife inserted under the cartridge and it practically spat out the cassette.

Originally Posted by baiao
I had a no disc code displayed inside the car .
I had to remove the CD unit from the cradle inside the boot. I opened the case to find the CD jammed inside the unit.
I white greased where most of the mechanism accepts the new cds and all tracks that looked like they needed some grease to facilitate the transfer of the cd in the unit and back to the cassette.
It has been working nonstop since the grease job. Do a search for the cd unit.
I found all the step by step instructions on this forum.
Enjoy your beautiful Jaguar!!
Yep see above all sorted now - and greased up - although I am currently thinking serious about upgrading the whole sat-nav, sound system - and to be rid of the telescopic arial if it is possible. I will let you know if my endoevours in this direction come to anything.

Originally Posted by PaulJ
I had this problem a month back also got the error code and was starting to think it was going to be a disassembly job but don't know why but gave the unit a few taps on top and side and out popped the cartridge. So maybe worth trying nothing to loose.
Yep, as you can see... all sorted... baring in mind the car had been stored for a few months before I picked her up, I am not surprised by little glitches like this.

Thanks to ALL feedback and yes - now to enjoy the car!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by NikasilNik
Glad you are pleased with your purchase !!!
I know Dave and he put a lot of work and money into your car ,

Happy motoring

NikasilNik
Indeed - cannot fault the cars mechanicals and aesthetics at all. Fair to say that Dave loves his cars!

The only thing I am serious thinking of doing is upgrading the sat-nav and ICE and DesignXKR are the guys to speak to, so I believe. I dont like the telescope ariel so will look for a solution when speaking to DesignXKR.

I'll keep you all posted.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Rev Sam has done a lot of work re switching the aerial and/or using a dipole inside the rear bumper.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by steveinfrance
Rev Sam has done a lot of work re switching the aerial and/or using a dipole inside the rear bumper.
Interesting, thanks Steve. My concern would be in doing away with the existing ariel, would bodywork be necessary - I mean that is at the most deliciously curved rear quarter of the big cat... any work there would need to be done with total, tender loving care, right?