Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!

Hi all,
My Jag had been in the shop for 33 days due to a small but annoying antifreeze leak. We had narrowed it down to the Heater Hoses under the Intake, so it was a big job. While in there I asked my mechanic to replace all the Heater Matrix Hoses (Thanks for the tip Brutal.) and everything else that made sense. Thanks for helping to figure out that mess of small parts, Nalley Jag Dan. Anyway, through a comedy of errors, the job took forever and I was defuinitely NOT a Happy Camper! I had planned to drive my Jag to Sebring for the Races, but on the morning that we were to leave, it still was not finished. Yes, I was bummed.........and worried that something serious could result from it being so torn apart for so long! That Friday morning, I dropped my wife at Bikram Yoga, ran some errands, and stopped by to see if something new was amis with the Jag. I couldn't believe my eyes, my mechanic was actually working on it, and would be finished in about an hour! Two hours later, I was washing it, unpacking the SC430, and then repacking everything in the Jag. We were off to Sebring Races for my first time!

We spent the night at another couple's house, and then Sat morning we all piled into the Jag for a 10 mile drive to the racetrack. Yes, two adult women were in the back! A tight fit for sure, but this was going to be a fun day, and we all try not to sweat the small stuff anyway. While in bumper to bumper traffic at the track, we started to see some gorgeous cars, which just heightened our sense of anticipation. I was worried about the mass parking, but planned to somehow find a remote corner to park in to protect the Jag. As we inched closer, a well dressed fellow with an official looking manner walked up and surveyed the car. He looked it over well, and then asked me to lower the window. He saw us all in there wearing our Jaguar Shirts and Caps, and said that we were exactly the type people that he was looking for. He pulled out four passes that were the Keys to The Sebring Kingdom, and directed us to pull into the Jaguar Corral! It was incredible, we were able to park with other really cool looking Jags and we had a great view of the race from the Start/Finish Line! The passes also gave us access to the Grandstands as well as the viewing areas just above the Pits. The corporate Jaguar people could not have been nicer, they very generously gave us Jag Racing Caps, Jag Earplugs, Jag Lanyards and Sebring Posters. They provided tons of food and drinks in the Hospitality Tent, as well as cool New Jaguar Model brochures. There was an endless parade of people looking at my Jag and taking pictures of it as it proudly sat in the Jag Corral. Having more than one person separately tell me that my 2000 XKR was the best looking Jag in the lot certainly didn't hurt my feelings at all! We also met some great guys from the Jaguar Club of Central Florida who were nice enough to show us the ropes and help make us feel at home. We were also able to drool over some incredible old jags in the Sebring Museum, and view the new Jags in another tent. What an incredible day! Experiencing the race for the first time was a tremendous thrill, adding The Jaguar Experience to it made for a Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!
Brian

Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lucky man! Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I had to settle for watching it on TV.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How fabulous!! There are lots of us green with envy.

Good Show!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Congratulations, sounds like a lot of fun. Did you take any pictures while you were there?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Wow, that would never happen to me...ever, no matter what I did.

You are a lucky guy... and I'm sure the ladies were pretty happy with the accommodations as well.

Wait... no pics? That's right...you get the ->

Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Hi guys,
Yeah, I truly feel humbled by how LUCKY I am that it all turned out so well. I have to run now, but tonight I'll upload some of the pictures. Tim (Goldlion) was also there and had a great view from his spot at the Hotel overlooking the Hairpin Turn. He might have some fantastic shots to add. Speaking of the girls, they were thrilled of course..............but especially at having the restrooms in the Jag Hospitality Tent, thereby avoiding the dreaded Port-a-Potties. I guess that it is the little things in life.
Brian

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

How lucky can you get! So what about the photos?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool. What a great day!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 PM

OK guys, here are a couple of the pictures. I took plenty more, but this gives a bit of an idea of what the event was like. In a word.............awesome!
Brian

Attached Thumbnails Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!-p1010482-1-.jpg   Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!-p1010519-1-.jpg   Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!-p1010574-1-.jpg   Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!-p1010558-1-.jpg   Once in a Lifetime Lucky Day!-p1010515-1-.jpg