XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default over the weekend

Over the weekend I started to tackle a few issues with my Cat. I knew it had broken motor mounts as there was rubbing marks on the intake.
It took me a whole 10 minutes to do the passenger side.
The real pain was the drivers side and not because it would take 1.5 hours, but getting the steering wheel shaft to line up to the rack. it took me about 2 hours of fighting and cussing until it slipped right in. Now my steering wheel sits at 3 o'clock.

Another thing I did was change the plugs out. I have to say they were worn and had signs of being lean, and running hot. I attribute this to the MAF issues I was having with the aftermarket intake. As of right now the fuel trims are spot on so we shall see what they look like in a few months.

I can say that she is running a lot smoother, and more steady on the road. you can really feel the difference with the new mounts installed. I am planning on tackling the front end rebuild this next weekend.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BlooDSMeaR
Over the weekend I started to tackle a few issues with my Cat. I knew it had broken motor mounts as there was rubbing marks on the intake.
It took me a whole 10 minutes to do the passenger side.
The real pain was the drivers side and not because it would take 1.5 hours, but getting the steering wheel shaft to line up to the rack. it took me about 2 hours of fighting and cussing until it slipped right in. Now my steering wheel sits at 3 o'clock.

Another thing I did was change the plugs out. I have to say they were worn and had signs of being lean, and running hot. I attribute this to the MAF issues I was having with the aftermarket intake. As of right now the fuel trims are spot on so we shall see what they look like in a few months.

I can say that she is running a lot smoother, and more steady on the road. you can really feel the difference with the new mounts installed. I am planning on tackling the front end rebuild this next weekend.

BlooDSMeaR,

It's lot more fun driving when the Engine isn't flopping around!....Sounds like you are going to have some more fighting and cussing to get the steering wheel straight again...Read up on it as I'm sure there is a trick to it!!! Good luck with the Front-end.....and keep on keeping on and it will be like new soon! As I continue to tell you, she's a beautiful Jaguar! One of the prettiest cars in the World!

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following users liked this post:
BlooDSMeaR (05-17-2017)