XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger door lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default passenger door lock

Ive had my 1999 XK8 for 2 months and only recently realized the passenger door does not lock automatically. When I lock the drivers door she beeps and lights blink (alarm is set) but passenger door is unlocked. Door will lock manually from inside, and I dont have a functioning fob. Any ideas?
THX
MEM

Old 12-22-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Mem,

Do your doors lock when shifting from park to drive? If so, just the driver door or both?

You mentioned the passenger door does not lock with FOB. How about if you put the key in the driver's door and turn to lock/alarm?

If you are in the car, engine on, what happens with you push Lock on the driver's door. Does the passenger door lock too?

I'm asking just to get a better picture of the situation. These are all of the ways the lock should operate that I can think of. FYI: from what I've read dealer options allow them to set: doors lock when drive selected; and/or Passenger door unlocks with 1 (same as driver door) or 2 presses of FOB.

You may have read this before but these cars are super sensitive to battery voltage level. I"ve seen door locks cycle (lock/open/lock/open) with slightly low battery.

From what I recall, the Lock is electro-mechaical function in all cases including manually pushing the lock latch. If this is so, and I invite someone to correct me if I recall wrong, that says the motor/circuit works in the passenger door. Something for some reason is not sending a signal to Lock that door from the module.

MEM, I just re read your note. You don't have a FOB. I guess that says you are using the key in the driver door to arm, but it is not locking the passenger door. I"d check battery voltage, do a hard reset (touch + and - battery cables together for a few seconds; Reset your windows after reconnecting battery).

Please verify your passenger door switch works (puddle lights go on when open; no passenger door open message in display). I want to be sure the car knows your door is shut and I believe 1999's work like 1998s in this manner. Later years have puddle light switched differently I think.

John

Old 12-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Checked this morning. You cannot push lock while door is open. This tells me door switch is not an issue, and verifies there is an electric, not mechanical, connection to lock door. Something's not sending a lock signal. Chech your battery.

John

Old 12-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Question passenger door lock

passenger door does not lock with key(no fob)but does lock manually.P door open warning on dash works, car alarm works, will not lock from interior Ddoor.
puddle lights on when door opens.
Did a hard reset of the batt(+ and - together) now still no doorlock, widows need to be adjusted, and car wont idle/run.
Thanks
Michael

Old 12-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Try a " Hard Reset " to put the SLEU to zero state

Old 12-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member

Michael, car won't start is a new/different issue. I suggest you start a new thread to get better focus on it.

Tell us when it last started, what changed since then, exactly what happens when you try to start, are there any codes stored, does it turn over, if yes do you have fuel pressure.

Sorry for your headaches.

John

Old 12-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Default passenger door lock

Im still here, a second hard reset got the idle speed back to normal and the windows are reset but the locks not working yet. In related threads I found info on fuses and microchips.
Ill let you know how that goes.
thanks again
MEM