XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger seat.....

Old 04-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Passenger seat.....

Has stopped working. No electrics of any sort. I'm wondering what it could be. Fuse? Or something. The back was put down a bit hard on one occasion just before it stopped working - so something could be broken?

If anyone has any idea or a pointer in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

The Seat Module could have been damaged or one of the harness connections come adrift.

Passenger seat.....-seat-module.jpg

The Seat Module is a regular issue. The lids (available separately) break and the circuit board can get cracks in the tracks from flexing in use.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
RSsteveH (04-08-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Also, the insulation on the electrics under the seat get worn and blow a fuse. If this is the case then the heated seat and powerfold mirror on that side (iirc) will stop working as they share the same fuse.
My driver's side has this problem, if you drop the seat too far the cables short. One weekend I'll remove the seat and shrink wrap the cables.
The fusefor the drivers seat is on the drivers side (UK RHD), I'm not sure from memory if there is a passenger side box or whether both fuses are in the same box.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kreyszig
Also, the insulation on the electrics under the seat get worn and blow a fuse. If this is the case then the heated seat and powerfold mirror on that side (iirc) will stop working as they share the same fuse.
My driver's side has this problem, if you drop the seat too far the cables short. One weekend I'll remove the seat and shrink wrap the cables.
The fusefor the drivers seat is on the drivers side (UK RHD), I'm not sure from memory if there is a passenger side box or whether both fuses are in the same box.
Thanks for this - the mirror still still works so I guess this rules out the fuse. The seat did come down quite hard so I'll check to see that the connector hasn't just popped out.

Thanks guys

PS Swansea boy huh? I'm Pembroke born and bred although in London working and living now.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RSsteveH
Thanks for this - the mirror still still works so I guess this rules out the fuse. The seat did come down quite hard so I'll check to see that the connector hasn't just popped out.

Thanks guys

PS Swansea boy huh? I'm Pembroke born and bred although in London working and living now.
actually i'm a kiwi that couldn't resist the bright lights of Swansea :-)
I try to get out to Skomer now and then, yet to take the Jag down, it should be bliss!