XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pensacola, FL area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pensacola, FL area?

I am looking at moving to Pensacola in a month or two. Any Jag owners out there? I noticed that there isn't a Jag club within several hundred miles of the area. I posted on the "Lower Atlantc" forum that covers Florida but got no response.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 AM

Welcome to the gulf coast. your right there are no Jaguar clubs around. I only see maybe 3 or 4 other Jaguars when I am driving around the Destin fort Walton Beach area.

Brian

Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few XK owners here in Pensacola. Haven't met any of them, but see a few of them around. One down side though, not much for mechanics here. Nearest dealer is in Mobile and only a couple independent shops. Personally have been using Doug with Autocheck. Good guy, trust him with my car and seems quite a few other XK owners locally do too.

Down side is there's a bit of a wait time. Small shop with a pretty high volume. And have run into a few gremlins on the repairs that have taken a bit of extra time. But prices have been good and haven't been charged for stuff that didn't fix the issue. That said my car's going back in on Wed to try and do a full break down and figure out the idle/misfire on one bank that has been giving us headaches for awhile.

Either way, welcome to Pensacola when you get here. Not a whole lot to do, primarily a tourism/military service town and it's not tourism season. But it's not bad.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by DeMond
Few XK owners here in Pensacola. Haven't met any of them, but see a few of them around. One down side though, not much for mechanics here. Nearest dealer is in Mobile and only a couple independent shops. Personally have been using Doug with Autocheck. Good guy, trust him with my car and seems quite a few other XK owners locally do too.

Down side is there's a bit of a wait time. Small shop with a pretty high volume. And have run into a few gremlins on the repairs that have taken a bit of extra time. But prices have been good and haven't been charged for stuff that didn't fix the issue. That said my car's going back in on Wed to try and do a full break down and figure out the idle/misfire on one bank that has been giving us headaches for awhile.

Either way, welcome to Pensacola when you get here. Not a whole lot to do, primarily a tourism/military service town and it's not tourism season. But it's not bad.
I've been a Pensacola resident my whole life but haven't spent a lot of time there. Dad was Navy and I just finished 20 years in the Marines. I was stationed there from 97-2001. We just love being near the beach and it is affordable to live there. Who knows, if the job I'm looking at works out maybe we could start a local Jag Club.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

Nice town. My parents live there. The lack of XKs in the area means everyone is going to stare at you.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 AM

Good luck with the job. Doing a Jaguar culb on the gulf coast would be fun.