Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salvage yards

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Salvage yards

In short.......Even after you have given the breaker a part, and control unit number, and he says his interchange book says another number will exchange, and he says his Jaguar dealer says the numbers are interchangeable, DO NOT BELIEVE HIM!!!!

My ABS pump was locked up, and naturally you cannot buy just the pump, so I ordered one from California. I gave them my part number on the pump motor, and the module.

I was first sent a unit with only 5 lines coming out of it, and the next unit I was sent had 6 holes, like it was supposed to have, but a different module number.

The different module caused my dash to light up, to the point where I don't think I needed dash lights. I simply removed their pump,(block assembly) because it wasn't marked, and interchanged it with mine.

That was not the end of it, because the failures were the check engine light, limp home mode, the trans failure light, a brake light, and fail safe mode. I was lucky, that after erasing codes, and a hard reset all my faults are gone, except I now have an ABS light for the control unit, I suppose. Why I do not know. I will be looking into that today.

My Jag dealer told me that the numbers are the numbers, and my 99 had numbers for only a 99 on some control units.

In closing, I lost the use of my car for a week and a half almost, and am shipping both of the yards control units back today, on their dime, for a refund minus shipping, and learned an expensive, but important lesson......Be careful, and cool.....Mike

Old 09-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default junk yards

hi mike dan L in darlington s.c. i have one junk yard i trust in my town and then just the oner .but when it comes to my jag the best people are hear at jag forms .the parts market place seams to work out the best for me . asi in tennesse did my ecm i think they do abs units .might be worth a call . like you i am on a tight budget and my toy money [guns &jag ] is from my side jobs so i am carfel on what i spend .i also think jim in a.z. is parting out a 99 . hope you have good luck however you get it repaired . also good luck on that 12 cyl italian barn find . all the best danL darlington s.c. p.s.turn 58 on monday getting old SUCKS .

The following users liked this post:
mrplow58 (09-26-2015)