XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SNG Barratt... not a good experience!

Old 03-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default SNG Barratt... not a good experience!

As you guys may know, a few weeks ago I posted about my EGR pipe that broke. I placed the order with SNG barratt for a new one. As I spoke with the parts guy, I mentioned I was a member of this forum... thinking that would be worth a small discount... perhaps. The parts guy jokingly said that means I should be charged MORE for the item... I laughed. After looking up said part, I was quoted $185.00 for the pipe... a few more for the gaskets. Fine, I gave my CC info. and paid. A few weeks later I got a message that the card did NOT go through, I re gave the info. Well, Today I received the parts and see I was charged $211.00 for the pipe. When I called and asked about the difference, all the guy could say was, "sorry... nothing I can do about it now... next time I'll give you a discount" WTF???? NOT COOL! Next time I'll order from some where else.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Bhp - sorry to hear about your negative experience with SNG Barratt and have to say I'm more than a little surprised.

SNG Barratt have been a forum vendor here now for some quite considerable time, are very pro active in assisting members, helping with forum promotions and the like.
Over and above this I'd like to add that I myself and many many others here can all report in the positive in any dealings we've had.

Can I respectfully ask that you email the forum vendor using details from this site and explain your issue, putting across your side of the story with any / all relevant details?
I feel sure they will take it seriously and look into it for you

Hope to hear
Jim

Old 03-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Hello.
Sorry you have had problems with your parts order. If you would be willing to send me your name & address details in a PM i will look into what happened. Is it possible that you mentioned JF Discount when the item was quoted and not when ordered week(s) later?

As part of out agreement with the Admins here we do only give discount if *Jaguar Forum* is specifically mentioned when ordering.

Kind Regards
William@SngBarratt.Com
1800 452 4787

The following 4 users liked this post by SNG Barratt USA:
dsnyder586 (03-15-2016), GGG (03-16-2016), JimC64 (03-15-2016), Pete Mantell (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Thank you William......
Just goes to show that the post was only recently made and a reply to look into it almost immediately, within 20 minutes, superb.

Personally, my take is that sometimes you never know just how good a company is until you have an issue with them and see how they react.....

This speaks volumes for me

Old 03-15-2016, 02:21 PM

Well, Thanks... I think, although WILLIAM was the name of the 2nd parts guy who told me, "sorry, nothing I can do now"... perhaps there is another William. TO be sure, I mentioned the forum at the time I originally ordered the parts... in fact, when the first parts man took that order, he asked my advise on a yamaha UTV he has. He asked this upon hearing the name of my shop... I was happy to help him with his questions on the UTV. Any way, the invoice # was AD 41071. THANK YOU for looking into this, I know it's only $26.00 but ... it's my hard earned $26.00.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

Not to pile on but I have used them a few times around 09 and in the last few years and have had mixed results as far as customer service (which is big for me, we are not buying cheap Honda parts after all), getting call backs, being brushed to the side because the person (name eludes me now) seemed not to know what the heck they were doing.
They have decent prices but at times have went elsewhere for the customer service experience which is important to me.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

I have just received order #133947 from SNG Barratt for 2 Spring Pans (Special order items) that totaled $22.58 including shipping.

I included my Jaguar Forums I.D. on the order notes, requesting the Jaguar Forums discount.

However, the total on the Bill did not include the discount.

I haven't received the credit card statement yet, but it appears that I was not given the Discount.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:04 PM
Received 6,242 Likes on 5,443 Posts

I didn't get any discount last time I ordered either despite stating the forum info clearly on the order.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:40 PM
Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts
Default poor customer service

I too have contacted SNG several times asking for a quote. Once I was told "no" we cannot discount the item any further and was told no discount for JF members for this item.

I wanted to order a complete set of rubber for the suspension for my XKR 2001 front and back. I have always found the guys that answer the phone to be Kurt and almost contentious, certainly not friendly or helpful.

So, I just don't call them (SNG) anymore, I have found Terry's Jaguar always to be helpful and usually the cheapest and friendly. Vicki is great!!! I still shop though.

See I told you guys (SNG), that not playing nice can come back to bite you in the Butt!!!

And remember
Happy Motoring

Old 03-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts
Default Good experiences here

I have ordered a number of miscellaneous things from SNG and I believe each time I dealt with William who was a pleasure. It does help though to have your ducks in a row first and know the part number and research what the going prices are. In every case so far William was able to provide as good or better price than any other source.

Doug

Old 03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

Ok, I feel safe now to say I have had nothing but TOP service from Jagbits. No they don't give rebates for being from this site (maybe they should en-light of this thread and rebates being missed by SNG) but when I got into my valley hose repair and decided to go full Monty on all hoses that rad fluid went through I got tons of help via email, some back and forth to get things right, and nothing but an over all great customer service experience.
I was sad they would not price match SNG but they had the parts I needed at my shop the next day, SNG could not.
just sayin......

Old 03-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

I have to say, I had a problem with a part from S.N.G. and they were prompt to replace the faulty item, no questions asked. I was pleased . Rich

Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Sponsor
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Jagbits offers Forum discount.

Jagbits offers a 10% discount on every order from a forum member, simply enter: JAGFORUMS-10% in the coupon code box on the checkout form.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (03-17-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

For what it's worth I've had a couple dealings with William at SNG and they were very positive.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts

My SNG Barratt Group experiences have been mixed. Last time I ordered (early February), they had a problem with my credit card on file and did not call me about it, instead choosing to wait a couple of days and attempt to run my credit card through again (and still had the same problem). So they sent me an e-mail instead of calling me, and it went to my junk folder so I didn't see it. They finally called, I wasn't home, but my wife straightened it out with them by supplying my updated credit card information. Long story short, my order was delayed nearly a week because they did not call me immediately when my credit card wouldn't work for them. I do give William credit for personally apologizing and eating the shipping charge, though....

A more common issue is that since mid-2015 or so, they have not had the parts I needed in stock here in the US so I either have to wait a couple of weeks for their UK container shipments or source them elsewhere. They are usually competitively priced, but quick availability is just as important as fair pricing....

Old 03-16-2016, 11:28 AM
GGG
Received 16,760 Likes on 12,149 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhpbug
As you guys may know, a few weeks ago I posted about my EGR pipe that broke. I placed the order with SNG barratt for a new one. ......
Bhpbug,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this order. However it looks like S N G Barratt have stepped in promptly to resolve the discount issue.

A lesson to be learned from this is members MUST request "Please add JF discount" whenever an order is placed or amended.

This thread is about one transaction from one member. So far the replies have been balanced and fair but I don't want to see it become an opportunity to have a go at any of our valued Forum Sponsors or Vendors.

Graham

Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM

Good to see all the responses ... I sent an email to William at SNG Barratt and so far... no reply, but it is early. I will wait and see what he has to say. I saw many people advise that I must mention the JF forum discount... I can assure you all I did... when I mentioned it at first ordering, remember I said the parts man jokingly said well then we can charge you more for that... I laughed. Thats also when he quoted me the $185.00 price... it was not until the part arrived and I looked at the bill and saw the $211.00. To be clear, I did mention the JF forums at the time I ordered. Of course I'll keep you informed if any contact from William. Thanks again!

Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Was it confusion over their VAT ( sales tax) which is around 15% , isn't it?

Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I also had not the best experience with them. maybe il try one more tim in the future to see if it will be better if not il go somewhere else.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:12 AM
Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Well I am new to the game, but both orders I made at SNG using online were promptly filled and shipped same day as order. Of course I forgot about the discount both time that is my fault. The online shows stock and both times it was correct. I placed my first order around lunch and had tracking by close of business, this week place order on Sunday and shipped Monday. I have called in and asked questions and they were pleasant looking up item numbers for me that I couldn't find on my own. These days it is hard to find friendly people on the other end of the phone, and I really appreciate it.
Quality parts arrived on first order and second order arrives this week.
Really sorry to hear you had an issue with them as I always do a search of every possible source for price and there are things they have won being lowest with shipping.

BHPbug please report back to final resolution.
Curious what part number did you order?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SNG Barratt... not a good experience!