XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T605 Bluetooth Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T605 Bluetooth Install Help

First, I appreciate any assistance. I've read everything I can find about the bluetooth installs or audio mods, but must be missing something. For reference, I have a 2005 XK8 with premium audio.

I picked up a Motorola T605 and followed the guides to install it. The problem is there is no audio output. If I hook up the external speaker that came with the kit, everything works perfectly. I just can't get the audio (phone or music) to come from the XK8 speakers.

I have the orange wire (audio +) from the T605 hooked to the light blue wire in position 7 on the XK8 and the blue wire (audio -) from the T605 hooked up to the blue/yellow wire in position 8 on the XK8 harness. Is this correct? Are there additional configuration steps I'm missing?

Again, I appreciate the help.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by sjyokel
First, I appreciate any assistance. I've read everything I can find about the bluetooth installs or audio mods, but must be missing something. For reference, I have a 2005 XK8 with premium audio.

I picked up a Motorola T605 and followed the guides to install it. The problem is there is no audio output. If I hook up the external speaker that came with the kit, everything works perfectly. I just can't get the audio (phone or music) to come from the XK8 speakers.

I have the orange wire (audio +) from the T605 hooked to the light blue wire in position 7 on the XK8 and the blue wire (audio -) from the T605 hooked up to the blue/yellow wire in position 8 on the XK8 harness. Is this correct? Are there additional configuration steps I'm missing?

Again, I appreciate the help.
You did not mention the mute connection. Have you connected the mute wire? The audio will not come through unless the XK8's radio/CD is muted first by the T605.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

Also, if you have connected the mute and it still does not work, try using the yellow as the audio(+) and the orange as the mute.

There have been numerous reports that these two wires are swapped in the T605 installation guide.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
You did not mention the mute connection. Have you connected the mute wire? The audio will not come through unless the XK8's radio/CD is muted first by the T605.
The mute is working. If I make or receive a call, the radio mutes and, if the external speaker is connected, all works perfectly. If I disconnect the external speaker, the radio still mutes and the other person can hear me, I just can't hear them.

Thanks for the response.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Also, if you have connected the mute and it still does not work, try using the yellow as the audio(+) and the orange as the mute.

There have been numerous reports that these two wires are swapped in the T605 installation guide.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 AM

I swapped the wires. The yellow was the mute (stopped muting when I swapped them) and the orange the audio +. The good news is I found out I simply had a bad connection on the audio wires. After re-soldering them, I can hear the callers on the bluetooth.

Follow up question: the streaming audio isn't coming across the speakers. The T605 turns yellow and seems like the audio is coming across...there's just no sound and the radio stays on. Do I need to connect the RCA output and run that to the CD changer to get audio or is it supposed to audiomatically switch between phone and audio streaming?

Thanks again for the help.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sjyokel
I swapped the wires. The yellow was the mute (stopped muting when I swapped them) and the orange the audio +. The good news is I found out I simply had a bad connection on the audio wires. After re-soldering them, I can hear the callers on the bluetooth.

Follow up question: the streaming audio isn't coming across the speakers. The T605 turns yellow and seems like the audio is coming across...there's just no sound and the radio stays on. Do I need to connect the RCA output and run that to the CD changer to get audio or is it supposed to audiomatically switch between phone and audio streaming?

Thanks again for the help.
I am glad you got it working, and also glad that Motorola finally fixed the wire color problem.

Yes, for audio the RCA's need to connect to an auxiliary input to the stereo. Problem is the car does not have one. Easiest solution is to interface through an PIE ALP-AI-AUX adapter. A PAC LD-10 preamp will also be needed to prevent dropouts because the trigger needs a little extra boost to work reliably.

See my Parrot bluetooth write-up for more details.: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...00-install-pdf

The following users liked this post:
sjyokel (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Thanks...makes perfect sense. I was afraid it was going to be more complex than just hooking up the bluetooth. One step at a time, I guess...

Thanks again,