XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks! Needing more help. Let's put all this things together!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Received 119 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Thanks! Needing more help. Let's put all this things together!

Ok Lads, I have to say that you are creating a monster. I never though I could repair a car, and here I am. Last week, I was coming back from work and while Siri was reading me a random post. I realized that I was supposed to adjust the gas pedal. I did it, my used all the time my gas pedal at its 15%, I the car was killer. Now it's f... amazing! And I did it myself.

So now I go for more. I bough my car savage and did the rebuilt tittle. I paid very a few bucks for it as a only weekend car with the idea of having fun with it and then drop it. The main damaged was one crashed door (drivers) and the rear panel. We replaced the door and fixed the back panel and bumper.
What decided me to buy it was the price and the history. One owner and more than 40 service records in Aston Martin Orlando.
It's been one year of fun with no problems so far, actually I finally sold my electric car and I'm only driving the jag everyday.

So today for the first time I dismantle the trunk to check why the backup sensor was not working. I though that was because of the accident. But all the sensors are in place but, the apparently the guys that put all together again where drunk or something. Let's take a look at the pictures, could you help me with to put this lego again in place?

Whats this thing?

I know you might be intrigued on how a savage car looks like. So here are some pictures of the car at the auction! :-).

Old door!

All the rest ok but very dirty!

Interior in great conditions!

Last edited by SirJohn; 09-23-2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Pictures added
Old 09-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,486 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Wow, a lot of pictures...

The tube is the vent pipe for the battery. Under some circumstances, it is possible the battery will start emitting hydrogen. It is not a good proposition if it leaks in an enclosed space like the trunk. That pipe fits into the end(s) of the battery. Should be a plug fairly high up on the forward and back faces. The tube vents the H out of the trunk. It is probably a bit pedantic, but you likely want this piped in. I believe this only for conventional acid/lead batteries ("low" maintenance). The better AGM batteries (maintenance "free") are sealed and do not need this...

There is known plug that is loose and remains unused. Folks have mentioned it is used to supply power during shipping and is not used once a proper battery is fitted.

Besides that, it looks like you have a bit of cleanup to do. The electrical guide is available (check MY 2003). Best of luck.

PS: Your tool kit looks like it is missing the tow hook. You might want to spend some time finding some form of replacement (either original or after market). You won't need this until you do, trust me.

Last edited by fmertz; 09-23-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added tow hook
Old 09-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,781 Likes on 2,225 Posts

The hose with the plastic elbow is the battery vent. It should plug into the end or middle of the battery near the top. I don't know anything about backup sensors, and we don't know what year your car is. Please include that information with your signature.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by RJ237
The hose with the plastic elbow is the battery vent. It should plug into the end or middle of the battery near the top. I don't know anything about backup sensors, and we don't know what year your car is. Please include that information with your signature.
Thanks! I went Tommy profile and the signature has all the information. Am I doing something wrong?

However, my car is a XKR 2006 with the R kit. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2017, 02:48 PM

Lads, here I go again. Now with the specific question on each picture. I hope you can help me!

The following users liked this post:
Orthodixie (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,503 Posts

I love competitions

Picture #1 - engine compartment fuse box. The missing relay is for the headlamp power wash. P/N is the same as the relays on either side

Picture #2 - ??

Picture #3&4 -Trunk/boot lamp socket. Looks like you have most of the parts. Should look like this:

Picture #5 - mig wire in RTV? where is this?

Picture #6 - you're missing (L to R): plastic tube that's used to remove the wheel nut caps, the 'key' for the locking wheel nut, and the tow hook.

Picture #8 - US spec is probably different:- I have a grp 'beam' inside the bumper cover front and rear.

Hope this helps.
Have you repaired the damage yet? Please post some pics...

Mike
edit: oops - that's the trunk fusebox, sorry. Nothing shown in JTIS for that relay position.

Last edited by michaelh; 09-23-2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: being a kn*b
Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by michaelh
I love competitions

I go in red, thanks so much for taking the time to answer all the questions

Picture #1 - engine compartment fuse box. The missing relay is for the headlamp power wash. P/N is the same as the relays on either side
Great, didn't know I had that in my car

Picture #2 - ??

Picture #3&4 -Trunk/boot lamp socket. Looks like you have most of the parts. Should look like this:

Do you have a pic of the lamp? or the socket with the lamp

Picture #5 - mig wire in RTV? where is this?
inside the trunk, those are the screws that holds the hinges

Picture #6 - you're missing (L to R): plastic tube that's used to remove the wheel nut caps, the 'key' for the locking wheel nut, and the tow hook.
Would you have the parts number please?

Picture #8 - US spec is probably different:- I have a grp 'beam' inside the bumper cover front and rear. I have the same thing, I thought it was something missing

Hope this helps.
Have you repaired the damage yet? Please post some pics...Sure thing, I bought it one year ago and was repaired and present it at the DMV for the rebuilt title before I got it home, here I'm posting some pictures, thanks again!

Mike
edit: oops - that's the trunk fusebox, sorry. Nothing shown in JTIS for that relay position.

Non repaired side but washed :-)

Repaired side, new door (bought a racing green door and paint it :-P )

Repaired side. Incredible what a new door, a couple hours of work, and an in depth wash can do :-)

Old 09-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by SirJohn
Lads, here I go again. Now with the specific question on each picture. I hope you can help me!

Looks like the end caps for the top cover. See post #11 - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...tucked-189175/

SirJohn (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

Maybe you don't - in which case there wouldn't be a relay. It was an "optional extra".

SirJohn (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

Would you have the parts number please?
Tow hook (I suppose strictly, towing eye) - there are two different threads: early M20 is part # HJA4333AC, M16 is C2C37723. Not sure when the change happened. Some have used a bolt and welded on an eye. Do a search here on 'towing eye' for some ideas.
The plastic tool for removing the wheel nut caps is MNA6265BA. The key might be harder to source; you can try the dealer but he might want to sell you a complete set of nuts along with the new key.

Picture #3&4 -Trunk/boot lamp socket. Do you have a pic of the lamp? or the socket with the lamp
I've attached a couple of pictures showing the trunk lamp assembly. It's in two parts, both which you appear to have.

Good job on the repair btw

SirJohn (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by clyons
Looks like the end caps for the top cover. See post #11 - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...tucked-189175/
Thanks so much! you are completely right. Little buy little I'm putting all the things in place.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by DevonDavid

Maybe you don't - in which case there wouldn't be a relay. It was an "optional extra".
Thanks so much, how do I know if I have that or not?

Old 09-24-2017, 10:42 PM

Tow hook (I suppose strictly, towing eye) - there are two different threads: early M20 is part # HJA4333AC, M16 is C2C37723. Not sure when the change happened. Some have used a bolt and welded on an eye. Do a search here on 'towing eye' for some ideas.
The plastic tool for removing the wheel nut caps is MNA6265BA. The key might be harder to source; you can try the dealer but he might want to sell you a complete set of nuts along with the new key.

Thanks a lot, will try to buy them, looks like it's something I have to have.

I've attached a couple of pictures showing the trunk lamp assembly. It's in two parts, both which you appear to have.

Thanks a lot, sounds like I will save some money :-). have to get the lamp first.

Good job on the repair btw

Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

Others may be able to confirm but looks like you DO have headlight washers. It's the little half-moon bit that pops out with a spray on the end. On mine (and I don't have this feature) that's just part of the glass, whereas it looks like yours is separate.

Thanks! Needing more help. Let's put all this things together!-silver_xk8_headlight.jpg

Old 09-25-2017, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry chaps, I didn't look closely enough at the fusebox first time round. It's definitely the trunk one as there are other relays visible behind it in the pic. JTIS for 2003 shows that relay position empty. Apologies for the confusion.
I'll ask one of the mods to edit my original post.

SJ, the trunk lamp is a standard 12V 5W festoon, Jag. part LNA5180AA. It's 40 mm tip to tip. You should be able to source this easily.

SirJohn (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Sorry chaps, I didn't look closely enough at the fusebox first time round. It's definitely the trunk one as there are other relays visible behind it in the pic. JTIS for 2003 shows that relay position empty. Apologies for the confusion.
Actually the missing relay can be added and it will enable the ignition switched accessory power on the 3-wire connector near the battery. There is also a second accessory connector behind the glovebox which is also enabled.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 09-25-2017 at 08:37 AM.
SirJohn (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 09:52 PM

SJ, the trunk lamp is a standard 12V 5W festoon, Jag. part LNA5180AA. It's 40 mm tip to tip. You should be able to source this easily.
Ok, if I understand then I should not add a relay in that position, right?

Regarding the lamp I'll try in an Advanced Auto parts, thanks again!

Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Actually the missing relay can be added and it will enable the ignition switched accessory power on the 3-wire connector near the battery. There is also a second accessory connector behind the glovebox which is also enabled.

Thanks for your information. I'm not sure I understand, what's the ignition switched accessory. What it does? Thanks!

Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Thanks for your information. I'm not sure I understand, what's the ignition switched accessory. What it does? Thanks!
Jaguar used to sell an optional power outlet that plugged into the connectors.

It also can be used to power aftermarket accessories, like a satellite radio.

SirJohn (09-25-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

The little black plug is for the tonneau cover. It covers the top when the top is down. There are 2 of them so there are 6 black rubber caps one on each end of 3 clear tubes about 2" long.

SirJohn (09-26-2017)

Search this Thread