XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Nutzzz...JTIS

Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Well Nutzzz...JTIS

Hello again folks!!...
Here I am again with a lament. After reading on the forum about having to upgrade to "Windows 7 Professional (from Premium) to use the JTIS program... I did just that, I upgraded my W7...and spent the next 4 1/2 hours in absolute lunacy trying to make it work. I down loaded it this way...then that way...then up...and down. I practiced my grimacing (you know...just in case I was holdin' my face wrong) to no avail. I did everything including doing the "Funky Chicken" on my desk top. I mumbled various prayers to the popular deities of our age...made the sign of the Cross... pulled out my Prayer Mat.. and clapped my hands 3 times after ringing the gong, and I still can't open my "dao35" folder and make "setup" work. I can install the program, but when it instructs me to open dao35 folder and run setup (and to do whatever with the OBDII button) it wont work. It just says " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows that you running etc. etc...." I've tryed the compatibility mode with all versions of Windows XP, Vista, and even 2000... and you guessed it..No Workee... And yes h20boy, I sleuthed and downloaded the programs (JTIS cd) to disk, cd, and usb drive... I downloaded from FAQ post #102 plus another UK site and it made no difference. I'm pretty much at the end of th' Line here. And I just hate to give up when it will work for others. Now... since I got to "vent" I feel much better. Perhaps with a little "Brain Housing Group" adjustment, I can try again. Hmmmm...where did I stash my Zig-Zag "rolling" papers...;>)))
Take Care
Flabergasted Freddie

Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Install XP Mode (not compatability mode) boot the virtual copy of XP (inside 7) and install there.

I attached a screen shot to show what I mean (hopefully it makes some sense)

Attached Thumbnails Well Nutzzz...JTIS-voila.jpg  

Last edited by K.Westra; 07-30-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the same problem. The setup would not install...various issues. I downloaded it 3 different ways and still no go. I am running XP...here's what I did to get it to work. Copy the entire download into a folder you create on your c drive. Explore the folder and drill down to JTIS Disk 1/READERGB/32bit...there is a setup in the 32bit folder. Run that setup. after that run the JTIS setup.exe....it should put JTIS program under programs. Made a shortcut to the desktop and run the whole thing from my c drive.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Mine is downloaded, but I have to put the disc in the drive to run it. It works fine this way for me.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Exclamation

[Explore the folder and drill down to JTIS Disk 1/READERGB/32bit...there is a setup in the 32bit folder. Run that setup. after that run the JTIS setup.exe....]
itspec60;
I tried that, but it keeps telling me that I have the wrong "Windows" version, and will not open up. Using "Compatibility Mode" makes no difference, nor does the "Windows" version I use within "Compatibility Mode". I tap danced around this thing for another 2 hours today. I may as well run out in my PJ's and bay at the moon for what good it did me...

[Install XP Mode (not compatability mode) boot the virtual copy of XP (inside 7) and install there. I attached a screen shot to show what I mean (hopefully it makes some sense) ]

K. Westra;
How do I go about booting the virtual copy of XP??... I couldn't quite read what your screen shot was saying on the pop-ups... what keys did you use?...and by the way...how do you do a screenshot?? for future reference...

Thank you both for your assistance. I'm an old Locomotice Engineer by trade (retired) and not an IT expert. You have to wave your arms and grunt once in a while before I understand...;>))) I could find nothing about booting up XP mode in any of the help files in Windows 7 professional...
Thanks again fellas

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,206 Likes on 1,700 Posts

I have JTIS loaded and running and I have AllData and I seldom ever use JTIS. All I need is on Alldata and if it is not there I go to the forum and ask.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

Installing JTIS on Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Requires the Professional version

The JTIS should install fine on the 32 bit version of Windows, the issue seems to be with the 64 bit version. However, if you are having issues with the 32 bit version, these instructions should make the program work.

Step 1:
Install Windows XP Mode (Not XP Compatability!) This only comes with the Professional version of Windows
If you don't know how to do this, follow these instructions: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...all-setup.html

Step 2:
Once you get a virtual copy of XP running, install the JTIS like normal (in Virtual XP).

Step 3:
Once this is done you can run JTIS in this virtual version of XP...it will also create an icon on Windows 7 for JTIS so that it will run using the virtual copy of XP but appear as though its running natively on Windows 7.

Last edited by K.Westra; 08-01-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Spruced up for FAQ
Old 07-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Thumbs up

Hahahaaa!!!..... K. Westra... your Th' Man!!... I followed your advice and "KABLOOIE!!" it worked. I was able to download and install the JTIS into my XP.. and with the help of Windows Virtual PC, I'm now able to use the program. Wheeeeeh... I hate to act like a School Boy out on Holiday, but it just galls me to want to do something... and to just hit a brick wall.
Sir... you made my day. And I think your info should be put on the FAQ page. There are a lot of Jag Forum folks buying new computors... and with "Windows 7"...they will be in the same boat.
Thanks Again
Fast Freddie

Old 07-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

I added your post with the instructions to our FAQ thread.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Veteran Member

Matt, if you want me to, I can consolidate all the information into one post with instructions (I could add screenshots too if necessary). Let me know if that would make things easier for everyone.

EDIT: I just spruced up the previous post that is in the FAQ. If anything isn't clear, let me know.

Last edited by K.Westra; 08-01-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, it just ask me to "insert cd into cd drive", running xp mode. Halp

Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I run 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and solved the JTIS problem a different way. Rather than pay to upgrade to the professional version of Windows 7, I bought a three year old used laptop running XP for less than the upgrade cost. It runs JTIS just fine and I can take it to the garage if necessary.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagosaurus
Hmm, it just ask me to "insert cd into cd drive", running xp mode. Halp
This may seem like a dumb response, but do you have the JTIS CD in your computer when you start it?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default "Insert Disc"

Hi, Help!
Having same problem as Jagosaurus.
Version 17 worked fine on my laptop running Vista sh#te, so uninstalled that and loaded Version 21 both in and out of XP compatability mode, followed every instruction ad nausiem ,installed and uninstalled many times, program seems to install fine but always get" install disc" message when program fires up but it dosn,t recognise the disc . Been trying 2 effin days now, costing my company a fortune, and me in discs! Oh, tried to put Version 17 back on but no joy. Suppose thats because theres little bits of Version 21 scatterd all over the hard drive now.
Look out for smashed Laptop for "spares" on ebay very soon.
Bob

Old 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it installed on a vista laptop. On the c drive, and on cd. Both open it up, but the only thing I can access is the !New icon, all other icons across the top crash the program? I get JJTIS MFC Application has stopped working.
Any ideas?

Thanks Dan

Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts
Default No Manual - HATE It!

I'm having the exact same problem. The program loaded OK. Got the shortcut on my desktop, which opens the program. Top one icon across the top and POOF - gone. I get some error message and the whole thing closes.

There has to be a way to get this to work on Vista.

This is the first car I've own since 1986 for which I don't have the manufacturer's maintenance manual. And it's pretty unnerving. Neither Bentley nor Haynes seem to printed one up either.

I'm feelin' a bit naked here guys...

Help!

Jim M