XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats next do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Whats next do you think?

Right, so since getting the car 9 months ago I have replaced a broken lower suspension arm due to it not pivoting, just breaking. Replaced the headlining, great job, a bit scary but managed without removing the seats. Side repeaters and reflectors changed all clear now. Changed the plugs for NGK Iridium ones, (huge difference in throttle response). Fitted a Fuel Cat filter, as I had one on a Lancia Delta turbo previously which made a big difference. ABS/ASC warning light on interrmittently so changed nearside ABS sensor, no change, then the cable, which solved it today. Just been for a test drive and aware of a bit of clunking from front so best check out Powerflex bushes for wishbones. I really want to change the grill and tail pipes for straight throughs. ...Anyhow the question is what do you think is next that is going to stop me doing the fun stuff ? Al

Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I had my 2005 XKR for 4 months & the spending started....Battery, Secondary Restraints Module, Drivers seat belt light/module, Rear suspension bushes, Anti Roll bar bushes, Drivers seat skin, Throttle Body clean out & Rear tyres, next is the Fuel filter but as yet not sure how to relieve the pressure in the system.
As one Jag owner to another...eat bread & water but keep the cat on the road!.
TS

Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM

Great, thanks for this. As long as its not just me !!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Feel glad that's your list! It pales in comparison to mine but I love my car!
Btw, I have three mesh grilles I'm getting rid of. Two black and one stainless steel. Pm me if interested!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan-the-ifa
Right, so since getting the car 9 months ago I have replaced a broken lower suspension arm due to it not pivoting, just breaking. Replaced the headlining, great job, a bit scary but managed without removing the seats. Side repeaters and reflectors changed all clear now. Changed the plugs for NGK Iridium ones, (huge difference in throttle response). Fitted a Fuel Cat filter, as I had one on a Lancia Delta turbo previously which made a big difference. ABS/ASC warning light on interrmittently so changed nearside ABS sensor, no change, then the cable, which solved it today. Just been for a test drive and aware of a bit of clunking from front so best check out Powerflex bushes for wishbones. I really want to change the grill and tail pipes for straight throughs. ...Anyhow the question is what do you think is next that is going to stop me doing the fun stuff ? Al

What is a Fuel cat filter?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Default fuel Cat

OK this is supposed to do lots of magical stuff as per their website. All I know is I fitted one to a Lancia Delta Turbo years ago. It was only supposed to run on leaded fuel, as this was being phased out this allowed it to run on unleaded which it did with no pinking or associated problems. I figured if it possibly helps with the XK what harm can it do. No noticeable increase in mpg but convinced it picks up and pulls better. Have a look here Fuel Cat - Improving fuel efficiency | The Ultimate Fuel SolutionFuel Cat - Improving fuel efficiency

Old 01-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Alan-the-ifa
OK this is supposed to do lots of magical stuff as per their website. All I know is I fitted one to a Lancia Delta Turbo years ago. It was only supposed to run on leaded fuel, as this was being phased out this allowed it to run on unleaded which it did with no pinking or associated problems. I figured if it possibly helps with the XK what harm can it do. No noticeable increase in mpg but convinced it picks up and pulls better. Have a look here Fuel Cat - Improving fuel efficiency | The Ultimate Fuel SolutionFuel Cat - Improving fuel efficiency

Did you go for the in tank or the in line unit?

Cheers,
ArtyH

Old 01-25-2014, 07:28 AM

Went for the inline version, tucked engine side of fuel filter in wheel arch behind the cover.

The following users liked this post:
ArtyH (01-25-2014)
Old 01-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Fuel Cat and Techstore.co.uk - Scam Warning

Fuelcat sounds a bit too good to be true to me, the website link above is more believable.