XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I missed the Kaiser Cars & Coffee 5/29

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleD
Yes, thanks for the details - and the news that you two are healing.

The comment "If this were a soft top I wouldn't be writing this today" still sends chills for a vert driver...

Perhaps my mind will exert a bit more control on my foot from now on - Best wishes for a quick recovery. DaleD
It's hard to see the complete pictures. Photobucket makes the pictures smaller than they really are. If you look at the windshield on the driver's side, it's almost flat. If the metal roof wasn't there that A pillar would have collapsed with nothing to hold the top of it up. As the car rolled, it kept landing on my side of the car at the roof/A pillar. Look at the driver's door, it's almost folded in half. Both doors flew open and the car rolled over the driver's door. The car rolled 3 times. The top of the driver's seat is only a few inches from touching the roof.

These are great cars, this one saved our butts. Be careful out there.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by GaryinOregon
Sheesh! That's pretty close to home. I live in Keizer and really wanted to attend the rally but spent memorial day weekend in Boise with my middle son and family. I know the highway out that way quite well. As others have said, hope you and your wife have a speedy recovery. Looks like you were both spared from what could have been a much worse or even fatal accident. Take care and be safe. I'm going to try to attend the June meeting. Maybe we will get to meet up some time.
I'll be there in our Arrest Me Red plastic car wearing my Green Jaguar hat

Old 06-12-2010, 01:42 AM

Received a call from the OSP today. The female that caused the accident was found and cited for leaving the scene of an accident. She told the OSP that she didn't feel that she had to stop. She told the OSP that she saw the show taking place along side and in front of her.

The OSP talked to those at the scene and put together the few letters and numbers that others saw of her license plate along with my description of the color and make of car and found her that way.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 189 Likes on 160 Posts

She didn't feel she had to stop? For an accident that she initiated? Words cannot describe how I feel about that! I hope she gets more than a citation!

Old 05-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JameyXJ6
She didn't feel she had to stop? For an accident that she initiated? Words cannot describe how I feel about that! I hope she gets more than a citation!
Sadly, this occurs more often than not. Especially if the vehicle that initiated the chain of events didn't actually make physical contact with the one that ended up wrecking. I hope there are witnesses to the events and that some fault is assigned to her. For all we know her story could be some idiot was speeding in his Jag, ran off the road cause he lost control, and then physics combined with anomalous terrain took over, I had nothing to do with it. You don't have a legal obligation to stop if you are simply a witness, or render assistance, notice I said legal, not moral.

Furthermore, if the person was impared, or something else shady was going on, a leaving the scene of an accident ticket is a lot better than a driving while under the influence charge. She gambled that she would not be identified, or the fact that her car actually didn't make contact with the original poster's was enough to get her off the hook.

Take care,

George

Old 05-23-2019, 02:16 PM
Received 157 Likes on 105 Posts

Happy to hear that you and your wife are in one piece - more or less - and on the mend !

Old 05-23-2019, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts
Lightbulb Ancient Thread

Originally Posted by Truck Graphics
Happy to hear that you and your wife are in one piece - more or less - and on the mend !
Definitely a sad story and glad to hear the original poster and his wife are OK, but I wonder if the latest posts to this thread are another victim of the "Related Thread" function in the forum making the thread appear current or relevant. I'm not sure I really like that function as it seems to cause confusion.

This original thread was from almost a decade ago, and the original poster hasn't been online since 2015

Old 05-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,576 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck Graphics
after 9 years, who knows ? The OP's top post, circa 2010, has some confusing contradictions. He calls the Jaguar his " dream car" and says it "saved his bacon". But also says it will be his last Jaguar.

Why ? It's not the cars fault that some nitwit ran others off the road.

Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger
Definitely a sad story and glad to hear the original poster and his wife are OK, but I wonder if the latest posts to this thread are another victim of the "Related Thread" function in the forum making the thread appear current or relevant. I'm not sure I really like that function as it seems to cause confusion.

This original thread was from almost a decade ago, and the original poster hasn't been online since 2015
I too have fell victim to the "related posts" feature. Don't know how that can be fixed without getting rid of it altogether. It is a handy reference to have, but way too easy to reply to the wrong thread as it is now arranged.

Z

Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Received 223 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by zray
after 9 years, who knows ? The OP's top post, circa 2010, has some confusing contradictions. He calls the Jaguar his " dream car" and says it "saved his bacon". But also says it will be his last Jaguar.

Why ? It's not the cars fault that some nitwit ran others off the road.
You never know. I'm not sure I would get another jaguar if/when mine kicks the bucket. Nothing wrong with it, there's just so many other cars I've wanted to own.

In any case, even if it's a dream car, the ownership experience may not be for everybody. Seems like OP took very good care of his, though. Maybe once you've achieved one dream, it's time to move on to another one.

The car that got me into cars was the Dodge Viper. Maybe some day I'll get my hands on one. I'll need a lot more money, though.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:56 PM
Received 157 Likes on 105 Posts

Ha, ha, ha, ha....!

Someone got me to reply to a nine year old thread !

I wonder if this entry is like the old country song about the little girl who appears on the curve in the road every year, gets the truck driver to take her to her house, then disappears. Turns out she was killed 50 years ago.