Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XKR Bluetooth Upgrade and Free part

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default XKR Bluetooth Upgrade and Free part

Hi all,

I just ordered a Motorola T605 Hands Free Bluetooth kit, $32 shipped from Amazon. I also ordered the adapter harness from Bluetooth Car Kits and Telemute Leads. I was going to order it from Nexxia, but had trouble checking out. It was cheaper to order from fitbluetooth anyway. $36 for both shipped.

Anyway, I ordered the following parts:

The 06-126B

Jaguar Hands Free Car Kit Interface lead online at Nexxia UK

and

06-101B

I ordered both, because, honestly, even after reading through a ton of posts here, I was not sure which one fit my 2002 XKR. The website based it on the manufacture date, 9/01 in my case. So, I figured, heck, just order both.

So, when they get here and I install the T605, I will have one of the adapters left over. Anyone who can use the left over adapter, whichever one it turns out to be, is welcome to have it for the cost of shipping it to them.

I will post later which one I have left over.

Thanks to all those who posted on how to install a Bluetooth adapter.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffereyGreen
Hi all,

I just ordered a Motorola T605 Hands Free Bluetooth kit, $32 shipped from Amazon. I also ordered the adapter harness from Bluetooth Car Kits and Telemute Leads. I was going to order it from Nexxia, but had trouble checking out. It was cheaper to order from fitbluetooth anyway. $36 for both shipped.

Anyway, I ordered the following parts:

The 06-126B

and

06-101B

I ordered both, because, honestly, even after reading through a ton of posts here, I was not sure which one fit my 2002 XKR. The website based it on the manufacture date, 9/01 in my case. So, I figured, heck, just order both.

So, when they get here and I install the T605, I will have one of the adapters left over. Anyone who can use the left over adapter, whichever one it turns out to be, is welcome to have it for the cost of shipping it to them.

I will post later which one I have left over.

Thanks to all those who posted on how to install a Bluetooth adapter.
I cannot say for sure which connector you have, because your car is in the transition region, but I am fairly certain it is not the 10 pin one (06-101B). It is either the 18 pin conector (06-126B) or a 14 pin connector. I do not think the 10 pin connector cross reference is correct. Nexxia actually sells a Hyundai cable that mates wit the 14 pin earlier version.
(http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?...egory=&section)
You shoud remove the 4 screws on the top of your console box, remove the box and see which yellow connector is hiding down there on the driver side.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 05-07-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM

WhiteXKR,

Thanks for the input and all of your detailed and helpful posts. Unfortunately, I do not have access to my XKR, as I had to work today (The joys of owning a business) and I left the XKR at home for my Wife and daughter to enjoy. So, in order to pass the time, I have been scheming and buying stuff I need for my car.

With my luck, it will be the 14 pin connector. hehe

Old 05-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,258 Likes on 564 Posts

I've spoken to a few people who were using their car's bluetooth interface. Each time they had to cancel the car's bluetooth and talk on the handset because either they couldn't hear me, or I couldn't hear him. I don't see how a bluetooth in a convertible could ever be audible unless the car was parked.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

Parrot's MKi4000 series has a dual highlly directional mike with active noise cancellation...supposedly it is usable in a convertible.

I would be interested in hearing from those who have this system.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 PM

Sam,

Why so negative? ;-)

Actually, I will most likely experiment with the microphone placement location prior to permanently mounting it. The kit comes with a really long microphone cable. Also, I read that covering the microphone with a foam cover will help with wind noise, just like the pros use.

Also, sometimes, I drive with the top up.

And, since I am a total tech geek, I need to have Bluetooth in my car, regardless of whether I use it or not. ;-) Actually, I may use the Bluetooth to stream the audio from my phone as well. That way I can leave the iPod/iPhone adapter that is already in the car in place. My daughter likes being able to hook her iPhone up and choose the music.

Once I have it in place, I will share my results with everyone, good or bad.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 PM

If wind noise becomes a real problem I could always use my other Bluetooth hands free device.

May look silly, but it does match the color of my car. I could get a black racing suit and call myself the black Stig.

Attached Thumbnails XKR Bluetooth Upgrade and Free part-v121.jpg  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

you guys let me know what mic placement works best on this thing, top down its almost impossible to talk handsfree if driving more than 40mph, so i just ignore calls at that time. However, when top up, i would like to know the best spot for a mic, and tips for the best wind buffering on said mic. My next radio is going to be with a wired mic, not built-in...way down there in the radio faceplate, where it does me no good.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:18 AM

I will take pictures and post all of my findings.

That being said, I was doing some reading on the interwebs, and some say that the factory microphone from Motorola is not the best. So, I decided to look around and I found and ordered this Olympus ME-52W Noise Canceling Microphone on Amazon for $17.98 new.

Amazon.com: Olympus ME-52W Noise Canceling Microphone: Electronics

This microphone is designed specifically for voice, is highly directional and has active noise cancelling. It does require power for the voice cancelling to work, but fortunately, the T605 puts voltage on the microphone wire for this purpose.

The Olympus microphone also comes with a windscreen (foam) which Motorola recommends for use in convertibles.

I bought the T605 because of the small control unit and because it recieved good reviews. Some have complained that it does not have voice command capability, but that is not completely true. It does not have built in Voice Command functions, but if you press and hold the green button, it will trigger the built in Voice Command function on my Android phone. So not a problem. Should work that way with the iPhone too.

So, when my new toys get here, I will experiment with the microphone placement and with both microphones, with and without the windscreen and let everyone know how it turns out.

I also read that if you place a resistor in line with the microphone it can reduce certain noise ranges and make the calling better. The one I read about was 8 Ohm. Supposedly, it blocked out the engine and background noise. I have no experience with this, just thought I would share.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody want to buy an ISO harness for Motorola bluetooth car kit T605? This is an OEM product designed to connect Motorola T605 kit to car stereos that have ISO connectors.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy
you guys let me know what mic placement works best on this thing, top down its almost impossible to talk handsfree if driving more than 40mph, so i just ignore calls at that time. However, when top up, i would like to know the best spot for a mic, and tips for the best wind buffering on said mic. My next radio is going to be with a wired mic, not built-in...way down there in the radio faceplate, where it does me no good.
With my Bluetooth I ran the mic up in yhe gap between the wooden panels so it sits near the Trip Computer Controls (RHD). Mt Sterio has noise cancellation and I can use it fine with the top down at 70mph

Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to let you know my XKR which I recently bought came with a Parrot CK 3000 Handsfree and it works really well with the hood down (as long as you are not going at silly speed).

My wifes view is its clearer than the handsfree in my Audi. It also linked up far easier than my Audi did, but thats probably a subject for another forum.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Cats,

I have the Parrot 9200 and the blue tooth is useless with the top down.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bassmania
Hi Cats,

I have the Parrot 9200 and the blue tooth is useless with the top down.
That model has a noise cancelling feature. Have you tried to enable it?

From the manual:

Activating the external noise elimination
 In order to improve the listening comfort of your conversation, the Parrot MKi9200 allows you to tone down the noise from outside your car (motorcycles, trucks) if your window is open.
 To activate / deactivate this setting, press the jog wheel and select Settings > Audio > Lateral noise detection.

WARNING: Make sure the double microphone is angled towards the driver before activating the Lateral noise reduction effect. If not, the driver’s voice will be considered as an external noise.