Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 1999 - 2008

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 06:45 PM

Default 02 S-type No Heat, Core not clogged

I bought this thing without testing the heat (it was August in Phoenix). Anyway, I've been reading all I can to diagnose the problem. I back flushed the heater core, it was clean. However, with the engine hot, only one of the three lines is hot. If I understand correctly, the top two go IN to the heater core, the bottom, large hose is coming OUT of the heater core. The weird thing is, only the BOTTOM one is hot! Am I wrong about the bottom one being the OUT? Any advice?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member

You may have one of three issues to sort through. 1. First determine that there is no air trapped in the coolant system. 2. In the engine compartment down low on the front passenger front of engine there is an electrical solenoid operated coolant diverter called the "dual climate control valve" (DCCV). This can fail and you'll not have proper heat or a/c control. 3. The climate control module (CCM) may have failed too. It is attached to the back of the climate control station on your dash. Check the many threads of this forum as a means to educate yourself on sorting through this issue. You'll do just fine.

Last edited by bfsgross; 11-20-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Default Update

I have replaced the DCCV (heater valve). Flushed the heater core - excellent, clear flow out of all three lines. All three lines get hot, but ice cold air blowing when I have the heat on. Everything else with the climate control system works fine. Just can't get any heat. If I take the #1 fuse out (for the heater valve), I can hear the valve either open or close, then I can hear it again when I re-insert the fuse. My temp guage never goes past normal. I am at a complete loss here. I don't think it could be thermostat, could it? Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,272 Posts

As bfsgross said, check the many threads. Chances now are you have a faulty sensor or the CCM (climate control module). (A dealer-type tool can test these or you might throw money at it by replacing parts.)
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)
Old 12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 1,089 Times in 770 Posts
BILL BRUTON

If you pull the panel on the drivers side of the dash there is a connector for the dccv. I think on your car its pins 11, and 12 on the conn that has only 3 wires. Useing a dvom you monitor for ground and voltage. At full heat you should see batt voltage cause the valve is normally open and you see volt. As you drop the temp on the ac panel you should see batt voltage go away and ground come up. This is what closes the valve. I have a module for your car but its a (001) suffix on the vcats label in your trunk. Let me know what you find.
you can also unplug the dccv electrical connector and the valve should open
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Whoa Brutal...that was a good info. post, thank you.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
If you pull the panel on the drivers side of the dash there is a connector for the dccv. I think on your car its pins 11, and 12 on the conn that has only 3 wires. Useing a dvom you monitor for ground and voltage. At full heat you should see batt voltage cause the valve is normally open and you see volt. As you drop the temp on the ac panel you should see batt voltage go away and ground come up. This is what closes the valve. I have a module for your car but its a (001) suffix on the vcats label in your trunk. Let me know what you find.
you can also unplug the dccv electrical connector and the valve should open
Would you be so kind and elaborate on the exact panel location where the dccv connector is located?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 2,566 Times in 2,381 Posts

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to - JaguarClimateControl.com for the pic.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,010 Times in 892 Posts
gus@jagrepair.com
Send a message via Skype™ to Gus

I do not know what MY car you have but this might help JagRepair.com - JDCCVSType

XK8 1999 126,000mi K&N Filter, S-Type 2000 3.0 120,000mi K&N Filter
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”― W.C. Fields
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.-Albert Einstein
“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of IDIOTS.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by Gus; 02-17-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norri View Post

Thanks to - JaguarClimateControl.com for the pic.
Thank you
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM

Tags
02, 2004, ac, clogged, control, core, forum, heat, heater, heator, jaguar, label, o2, stype, type, vcats