US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Received 105 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Michigan?

So, how many members live in Michigan? Moved here three years ago and haven't met many Jag owners. My old Corvette Club in Colorado use to have what we called "Drive and Dines"

We'd pick a location to meet up, head out for usually a 50 to 100 mile drive (usually through the mountains, curves and turns ya know...) and then head to a restaurant in some small town for a late lunch or early dinner (yes, we'd give them a heads up as to an eta and how many of us there were) have a nice meal, shoot the breeze for a while and then head home. Always a good time for all and kinda fun watching peoples expressions as 40 to 50 Vette's pass through.

So, that said, anyone have an interest in doing something like this? This state is full of park and ride locations all over that would make good meet up spots.

Photo of me and a few Red Friends..

Old 05-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I will say, there doesn't seem to be many of us Michigan owners! Whether it's the pot holes or the flat and straight roads, I haven't quite figured it out.

Where in Michigan do you live? I'm in metro-Detroit and would love to get something organized. I almost made it to the Torobto meetup last month; seems like a lot of other areas try to do something like that fairly regularly.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:59 PM

I'm over on the western side by Grand Rapids. One would surely think that there's a bunch of us that wouldn't mind a small drive and a meet and eat afterwords.......

Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM

I'm up for it. Maybe we'll get some more replies to this thread and we can get a group together.

So you're driving an early model XK? Love the style of those things.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

I'm in Grand Rapids too. I have an early XKR and early V8 XJR.

I was part of the West Michigan crew from CorvetteForum.com; NOT Grand Valley Corvette (between the CB antennas and the rudeness, no thank you) and am still active with the CF despite selling my Corvette 5 years ago.

There's a Cars and Coffee event the first Saturday of every month at the Panera Bread in Standale. There's also a Culver's event Wednesday from 6pm on at the Culver's on 28th in Cascade in W MI.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 AM

Both of those locations are easy drives from here and sound good to me. But, I'm headed out Colorado this weekend and will be gone for about 20 days. Wish I could drive the Jag but I'm hauling stuff out to the daughter and bringing other stuff home. Now if the Dually rode as well as the Jag....Oh well, the wife will be happy as she can put the top down and go see her mother a time or 10 while I'm gone. Soon as I'm back, we'll check out these venues. What time does the Panera bread gathering start?

And, even though I sold the Vette, I still stay active in the Corvette Action Center forum and my old local Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club. The Vette was "slightly" modified and I did enjoy embarrassing a few C5's, Mustangs and whoever else thought a C4 was an easy target. What I don't miss is the ride, noise and getting in and out of a C4 Vette convertible.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Scottsgreenjag
Both of those locations are easy drives from here and sound good to me. But, I'm headed out Colorado this weekend and will be gone for about 20 days. Wish I could drive the Jag but I'm hauling stuff out to the daughter and bringing other stuff home. Now if the Dually rode as well as the Jag....Oh well, the wife will be happy as she can put the top down and go see her mother a time or 10 while I'm gone. Soon as I'm back, we'll check out these venues. What time does the Panera bread gathering start?

And, even though I sold the Vette, I still stay active in the Corvette Action Center forum and my old local Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club. The Vette was "slightly" modified and I did enjoy embarrassing a few C5's, Mustangs and whoever else thought a C4 was an easy target. What I don't miss is the ride, noise and getting in and out of a C4 Vette convertible.
Cars and Coffee West MI/Walker/Panera May 7 - Corvette Forum

That was the last one, it is 9-11am first Saturday each month.

I owned a 1987 Corvette Convertible in a rare color (does not make it rare lol) that I liked. Hard to get in and out of, but I had fun.

The following users liked this post:
Scottsgreenjag (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by a6kmita
I'm up for it. Maybe we'll get some more replies to this thread and we can get a group together.

So you're driving an early model XK? Love the style of those things.
I'm going to be out of town for about 20 days but as soon as I'm back, we'll plan something or at least meet up at the events 80sRule mentioned.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

I will be moving to Michigan in the next two weeks (Auburn Hills area), I would be up for meeting the local Jaguar owners!

The following users liked this post:
All4Jags (02-28-2021)
Old 05-30-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JaguarXKR
I will be moving to Michigan in the next two weeks (Auburn Hills area), I would be up for meeting the local Jaguar owners!
I'll be back home in about eight days. When you get settled in to your new place, we should try to set up a meet and greet in a central location. I'm just outside of Grand Rapids so maybe in the Lansing area? Meet up and have a late lunch over a brew or two?

Anyone else up for this?

Old 05-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

That sounds cool.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:32 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Old thread but thought I'd mention that I'm not to far from Grand Rapids and would like to meet up once I get my XJ12 road worthy.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:51 AM

I'm about 10-15 minutes East of GR so meeting up would not be a problem (depending on weather, not a fan of snow). Let me know when you're up and running.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by UKcat
Old thread but thought I'd mention that I'm not to far from Grand Rapids and would like to meet up once I get my XJ12 road worthy.
I'm about 10-15 minutes East of GR so meeting up would not be a problem (depending on weather, not a fan of snow). Let me know when you're up and running.
These both sound cool. I'm up anytime for this stuff.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds good. Not sure how long its going to take to get her safe, and with winter closing in, it may be spring before that happens.

What about meeting sooner for coffee, or beers maybe?

Old 11-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds good to me. I'm in Chicago most of next week but after that I'm up for it. I work at the Ada monolith and live in NE GR.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:40 AM

Sorry it took so long to get back, we were down in Indiana for a couple of days goofing off (if you haven't been to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum, well worth the trip).

There's a new brewery in Lowell on Main St called New Union Brewery or the Gravel Bottom over in Ada. Couple of good coffee shops in Ada, too.

Whatever works for you folks works for me. I'm up for coffee, beer or whatever. Just say when. I'm in the Lowell area so GR/Ada is just a short hop down Fulton.

Scott

Old 11-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry it took so long to get back, we were down in Indiana for a couple of days goofing off (if you haven't been to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum, well worth the trip).

There's a new brewery in Lowell on Main St called New Union Brewery or the Gravel Bottom over in Ada. Couple of good coffee shops in Ada, too.

Whatever works for you folks works for me. I'm up for coffee, beer or whatever. Just say when. I'm in the Lowell area so GR/Ada is just a short hop down Fulton.

Scott
That museum is a blast.

New Union and Gravel Bottom are supposed to be good. My boss loves craft beer and has said good things about both places. Still am not used to seeing "downtown" Ada reconfigured, despite actually seeing all the plans and working across the street lol.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jag '09' XF supercharged

Still new to me; but I'm learning to like it more & more. I'm late to this posting. Live in Macomb & would like to meet with other Jag owners. How do you notify when you are going to meet? I'm new to forums too.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:47 AM

So Jaguar Land Rover of Farmington Hills is doing free vehicle inspections and appraisals on Monday, April 3rd. Is anyone else going? Obviously they are trying to get you into a new vehicle, but I'm going to go to see what's on the lot and maybe test drive some newer XJ's for comparison. I'll be there late afternoon.

Quick Reply: Michigan?