The lid on the mirror in the sun visor on my '03 would just flop down when you lowered the visor. JTIS calls for replacing the visor, but I was having none of that without attempting a repair. If you want to attempt to repair a sun visor mirror with a lid that flops down by itself (Flacid Lid Syndrome or FLS), I fixed my mirror's lid and here's how I did it.
1. REMOVE THE MIRROR ASSEMBLY. Pry the mirror out of the visor. It is held on by 4 plastic tongues that fit into four slots in the mirror frame, two on each side. So, I used a 1-1/2" wide plastic putty knife to push the mirror in on the outside (door side) edge and pry that side out. Then the mirror/lid assembly just comes right out and hangs by the wires that get power to the lights in the mirror. Be REALLY CAREFUL when you do this because two little "C" clips about a quarter of an inch in size will fall out from the assembly. These are the springs you will be putting back in the mirror.
2. DISASSEMBLE THE MIRROR ASSEMBLY IN AS IT HANGS FROM THE VISOR. You will see two little tongues that hold the face of the mirror and white bulb covers into the frame. Push these in and take the face off the to expose the bulbs and wires. Now, give this some thought and cut the wires where you will have enough left to re-make the connections. I cut mine ~ 1/2" from where they connect to the mirror assembly behind the faceplate, leaving a couple of inches hanging from the visor. Now remove the just freed mirror frame/lid assembly from the car.
3. REPAIR THE FRAME/LID ASSEMBLY. I started by soldiering ~ 3" long extensions to the wires in the assembly and routed them out the back. Then I used a good quality two part high strength epoxy, the kind that comes as a log of gray stuff wrapped around black stuff that you kneed together to make dark gray stuff that hardens in 5 minutes and totally cures in an hour. I used a single edge razor to force this stuff into the cracked plastic that let the "C" clips escape in the first place, put some more on the leg of the "C" clip that went into the pocket that broke, inserted the "C" clips fully into the sockets, and used two wood clamps to mash the pockets back together, and then used a tiny screwdriver to mash the epoxy just-so and let it set for an hour. Then I removed the clamps, mixed up more epoxy, and reinforced the area over the "C" clips to provide extra strength and keep the clips in place.
4. REINSTALL THE ASSEMBLY. With the lid fixed, I installed the mirror/lens assembly, soldiered the new extension wires to the wires in the visor with shrink wrap on all soldier joints, and snapped the assembly back in the visor.
I used Versachem's 60 sec epoxy. press out 1/2" long glue and mixed them within one minute and used a small screwdriver to drop down the glue into those two holes and then press down two u-shape clips. waited one hour for drying and then one more time mixing the epoxy glue and filled up to the top level as seen on the picture. then waited another hour and then put it into a refrigerator to freeze it for 36 minutes. when taking out, I felt it hardened much more. good result and I flop it up and down. no problem. it is done. put them back and connected those two wires with a solder gun. you don't have to uninstall the whole visor from your car. the 2 middle clips of the mirror set can be pried out without damage.