XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

(possibly) the only one in the US...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (possibly) the only one in the US...

Like many of you I wish the new XF (MY2009-11) had LED's. There are plenty of aftermarket options but all (and I mean ALL) are super ghetto-tacky...Except for these!

I found them by way of a UK chat board for XF's. These were commissioned by Jaguar/LR in the UK and are EXACT replicas of the vents & blades on MY2009-11 XF's. The LEDs are built into the blades which are attached to the grilles. So I emailed the vendor (Adamesh – link below), bought them ($630) then had my local body shop install ($300). They operate like regular DRLs when the parking/headlamps are off then when they’re switched on they dim to be less bright. What I also like is the grilles on this kit are a REAL grille like the center one in the lower bumper - i.e. not a solid faux-grille peice.

Anyhoo, I'm totally excited about these and wanted to share them with other like-minds! I (think) I'm the only XF in the U.S. with these, or at least in California!...For now!

Link: jaguar accessories | jaguar xf | LED day time lights

Several dealers/vendors sell these on eBay UK but a couple I contacted said they were UK spec only - clearly they were wrong.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Looks sweet , nice mod

Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Nice mod. They do look like they are higher quality than any of the others I've seen. Did they swap right into place or was some modding to the grill area needed? How did they plug into the stock harness (spliced in)?

The picture of the piece off the car on that site looks great. It looks like some thought went into that. I'm impressed.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 03-10-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!! One question.. Would it void jaguar's warranty? If not, I want to add one as soon as I get a XF. (that's right, I didn't buy the car yet and I'm thinking of this mod already. :-) )

Old 03-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice looking set up. Can you show us a closeup with the lights off. What brand are they?

Old 03-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Exclamation As requested - more pix & answers!

Rique, I don't know the brand as the kit only came with fins/grilles, all wiring and universal directions. "Geof" at Adamesh.com may be able to tell you. Below are the close-up pix.

jaymsu, I don't know. My guess is "no" it would not void the warranty. This is a much debated topic to which I think it boils down to what you actually do to your vehicle and what (if any) consequences result from mods. I am VERY conservative so I would not have done this if it seemed shady or iffy.

Blackcoog, these are an EXACT fit a perfect "plug-n-play" installation as far as the fins/grille go as they are one piece - no modifications required. As for wiring, this is where I've never been more proud to be in a Capitalistic society! It was worth EVERY penny to have them professionally installed and not "know" how they work! Sorry, I'm a real girlie-man when it comes to the technical stuff. All I can tell you is when I saw all the wiring & directions I almost returned them!

Below pix = during daylight, ignition off, no flash

Old 03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Those are terrific....Great find!

Old 03-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Congrats. really cool looking. What I like is that they resemble the fins on the XF prototype that first came out. Much better looking and agressive.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 PM

800u$ a set seems quite price compared to other options, However well worth the looks.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 AM

Excellent!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

They also sell these at a much lower price:

jaguar accessories | jaguar xf | led bumper lights

Last edited by Blackcoog; 03-12-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog

I'm not sure if the others are worth the price difference.
Those look very slick as well. Wonder if they come with the wiring?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

It sounds like they aren't integrated or setup to work as slick as the other more expensive setup. I'd bet you run the wires through the grill, up the bumper and tap into wires based on the instructions they provide.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile Not quite the only one

CA-Sport,

It's funny that I was just telling one of my friends over the weekend that I may be the only one in the country with these. I've had them on my 2009 XF-SC for over a year. I actually purchased mine from a UK site called JustJags. I had seen them at Adamesh however this place offered them for $590 US, shipping included. Part number is AM12340. They are actually made by a company called Vestatec. My brother (who is very technically savvy) and I installed them ourselves. Directions say 1 hour install, however we really took our time as to not damage anything and it took around 3 hrs. We wired them to the parking lights. They way that they operate is like you explained, however, I didn't want mine to come on as soon as I turned the car on because I didn't want to be somewhere idling in the dark, with these bright lights on all of the time. So what I did was simply remove the 3amp fuse that comes with the lights. Now they only come on with my parking and headlamps. This definitely gives the XF an exclusive, complete look. You should see the double takes that I get when I encounter other XF owners. I will upload more picks later, but I was at work when I saw this post and I rushed to upload the only pick that I had in my cell phone. CA-Sport, you keep holding down the left coast, and I'll do my part on this side. I

Attached Thumbnails (possibly) the only one in the US...-xf-sc-drl.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Thats a reasonable price and I like the set.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ttboonie
CA-Sport,

It's funny that I was just telling one of my friends over the weekend that I may be the only one in the country with these. I've had them on my 2009 XF-SC for over a year. I actually purchased mine from a UK site called JustJags. I had seen them at Adamesh however this place offered them for $590 US, shipping included. Part number is AM12340. They are actually made by a company called Vestatec. My brother (who is very technically savvy) and I installed them ourselves. Directions say 1 hour install, however we really took our time as to not damage anything and it took around 3 hrs. We wired them to the parking lights. They way that they operate is like you explained, however, I didn't want mine to come on as soon as I turned the car on because I didn't want to be somewhere idling in the dark, with these bright lights on all of the time. So what I did was simply remove the 3amp fuse that comes with the lights. Now they only come on with my parking and headlamps. This definitely gives the XF an exclusive, complete look. You should see the double takes that I get when I encounter other XF owners. I will upload more picks later, but I was at work when I saw this post and I rushed to upload the only pick that I had in my cell phone. CA-Sport, you keep holding down the left coast, and I'll do my part on this side. I
tt where were you a year ago when I needed you!

Agree with all your points, except I don't have the patience or know-how to have done the install. I too was told 1 to 2 hours - I interpreted that as the time it would take to find the right shop to do it! Correction: I paid only $603USD ($630 is a typo) so I only paid $13 more than you which did include shipping/tax.

I look forward to seeing you pix!

As for the less expensive LED option as shown on Adamesh, those are a cover that go over the current fins and (IMO) have an after-market appearance. I think they can also be found in the U.S. on eBay or other sites. Personally I think if one is not going to go with the ones like (we) have then go with something other than this cheaper alternative as there are much better options.

I will continue to hold down the Left coast for you as long as it doesn't fall into the Pacific!

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
RacerZX (10-29-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Default Sorry about that

CA-Sport,

I'm sorry that I never posted the pic a year ago. I always read this (and the UK) forum, but I never actually joined until recently. I am in 100% agreement with you that if you're not going with the ones that we have, I believe you should just stay away altogether. The other blade cover lights just seem tacky and low budget in my opinion. Kind of like taking the cheap way out. That was stated heavily on the UK site as well. I feel that if you're going to own a high end automobile, you can't skimp on certain things. These LED lights look like they came on the car. I realize that some people don't want to get into removing the bumper (which is really not as difficult as you would think), or spending that kind of money but to me it was worth it. At the time the dealer told me they could get them for $1400 plus labor to install them. At one time there was a Jaguar part number for these, but they no longer offer them. We wanted to try to run an on/off switch from the engine bay, into the cockpit of the car, however, the XF seems to have kind of a double firewall and we couldn't find even the slightest opening to run a wire. Props to Jaguar for their tight construction. CA, in a way, I kind of like that fact that not many people aren't willing to take the leap.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member

If we did want to wire them up as specified (daytime running lights) are they plug and play or do you have to splice the wires in and modify the bumper?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM

If we did want to wire them up as specified (daytime running lights) are they plug and play or do you have to splice the wires in and modify the bumper?
Blackcoog,

You don't have to do any modifications to the bumper. The orginal blades and grills on your XF pop out and the new blades and grills pop in. If you click on the link that CA-Sport attached you can view the whole kit. I marveled as to how professional the kit was constructed. You do have to splice "one" wire, but if you use a wire connector (see attached pic) it is very easy. Mine are wired as specified, I just didn't plug the fuse into the fuse holder that comes with it. I can at any time raise the hood and plug the the fuse into the fuse holder that is visible behind my headlight if I want the lights to be on as soon as I start the car.

Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by ttboonie:
Blackcoog (03-13-2012), RacerZX (10-29-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Good to know, thanks for the info. I might pick up a set eventually. I like how they look and they would make the car a bit more visible so people don't pull out in front of you.

Quick Reply: (possibly) the only one in the US...