XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Back in a Jag after a 8 year hiatus

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in a Jag after a 8 year hiatus

Just purchased a 2015 XJ Supercharged (Rhodium Silver w/ Jet black interior, with the sport pack) here in the DFW area. This was a CPO unit with about 11,600 miles on the odometer.

Purchase price was $53,000. I'm trying to gauge how good of deal this was as there seems to be very little supercharged inventory across the country, especially in the SWB model. KBB/Edmunds tend to be all over the map on values, so hard to really put much value in their appraisal. Any other buyers out there of late that can chime in with their purchase experience for 2015's?

Give the original MSRP of right at $100k I feel good, but then again this is now a 2yo vehicle that tends to experience catastrophic depreciation in the first year or two.

I'm coming from a very long list of vehicles, but most recently a 2014 BMW 535i. In total, this is my 44th vehicle since 2004. I trade/flip cars several times a year, but this one will likely remain in the garage for a couple years due to the depreciation that I'll likely experience, thus making it a hard flip. Out of the 44 prior vehicles, there's only been 6 or 7 that I sold for less than I paid. My common goal is to buy a vehicle for less than KBB trade-in. Drive it for 5-10k miles, then sell or trade.

My last jag was a 2009 XF which I thought was a pretty great vehicle, other than an annoying issue with the gas filler door becoming stuck closed on several occasions. Prior to the XF I also owned a 2005 Jaguar XJR.

Out of the 44 cars I've owned (mostly BMW's, Mercedes, a couple Lexus', and a few Hyundai Genesis') my favorite car of all-time was the 2005 XJR. The combination of elegance, quality interior materials, and the smooth yet blistering power and speed was a winning combination. The only worry I have in the back of my mind is the failing air suspension and HID lights of the older models.

With being in this new XJ Supercharged for about a week now my mind is blown. I can't believe the power this thing puts down. I accidentally got the tires spinning right off the dealer's lot. The interior is impeccable (the suede headliner, the vents, the abundance of leather). The Meridian 825W audio has been put to the test across multiple genres of music and has failed to disappoint. Safe to say, my new all-time favorite is this 2015 XJ Super.

For some odd reason it even feels faster than my 2008 Corvette.

Looking forward to learning more about this vehicle and being a part of the community.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Clarification....this is the 5.0 V8 Supercharged....

Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

congrats, its a wonderful car! great color too

lets see some pics!

Old 02-08-2017, 08:33 PM

All I've got for now! Will take some pics this weekend once I get her all cleaned up from a week of business travel.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

They are great cars. Enjoy!

Dwayne

Old 02-09-2017, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTXSuperXJ
... For some odd reason it even feels faster than my 2008 Corvette. ...
That's because it has gobs of low-end torque, thanks to the supercharger. Your XJ develops 424 lb-ft of torque @ 2,500 RPM compared to your Vette's 428 lb.-ft. @ 4,600 RPM.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Old 02-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

the car looks great! the ONE thing i would suggest, getting the sport side aprons. it will really make the car look bad ***, especially since you have the front lip

Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just purchased a 2015 XJ Supercharged (Rhodium Silver w/ Jet black interior, with the sport pack) here in the DFW area. This was a CPO unit with about 11,600 miles on the odometer.

Purchase price was $53,000. I'm trying to gauge how good of deal this was as there seems to be very little supercharged inventory across the country, especially in the SWB model. KBB/Edmunds tend to be all over the map on values, so hard to really put much value in their appraisal. Any other buyers out there of late that can chime in with their purchase experience for 2015's?

Give the original MSRP of right at $100k I feel good, but then again this is now a 2yo vehicle that tends to experience catastrophic depreciation in the first year or two.

I'm coming from a very long list of vehicles, but most recently a 2014 BMW 535i. In total, this is my 44th vehicle since 2004. I trade/flip cars several times a year, but this one will likely remain in the garage for a couple years due to the depreciation that I'll likely experience, thus making it a hard flip. Out of the 44 prior vehicles, there's only been 6 or 7 that I sold for less than I paid. My common goal is to buy a vehicle for less than KBB trade-in. Drive it for 5-10k miles, then sell or trade.

My last jag was a 2009 XF which I thought was a pretty great vehicle, other than an annoying issue with the gas filler door becoming stuck closed on several occasions. Prior to the XF I also owned a 2005 Jaguar XJR.

Out of the 44 cars I've owned (mostly BMW's, Mercedes, a couple Lexus', and a few Hyundai Genesis') my favorite car of all-time was the 2005 XJR. The combination of elegance, quality interior materials, and the smooth yet blistering power and speed was a winning combination. The only worry I have in the back of my mind is the failing air suspension and HID lights of the older models.

With being in this new XJ Supercharged for about a week now my mind is blown. I can't believe the power this thing puts down. I accidentally got the tires spinning right off the dealer's lot. The interior is impeccable (the suede headliner, the vents, the abundance of leather). The Meridian 825W audio has been put to the test across multiple genres of music and has failed to disappoint. Safe to say, my new all-time favorite is this 2015 XJ Super.

For some odd reason it even feels faster than my 2008 Corvette.

Looking forward to learning more about this vehicle and being a part of the community.

That's a great price.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome back to the Jaguar family. AND, enjoy your great looking automobile.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All I've got for now! Will take some pics this weekend once I get her all cleaned up from a week of business travel.
Beautiful car! congratulations!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Wow 2 years and nearly 50% off. This is a great time to buy sedans as they're sitting in dealer lots while the crossovers are flying out the door.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:25 PM

Now that I've had it two months and out on about 3,000 miles I'm quite satisfied with it, with a couple spoilers....

1). The popping sunroof every time the body torques on rough roads or my driveway is driving me nuts. I thought this was an issues with the 2011-2013, but hadn't seen many gripes for later builds. Any others out there with '15/'16's with this issue?

2). While I thought my price was good, I just saw a 2016 with 2,000 miles sell for about $60k here in Dallas, fully optioned 5.0 supercharged. Absolutely ridiculous with the level of depreciation these take immediately. $40k in a matter of monthly and 2k miles!

I'm guessing my CPO'ed 2015 XJ Supercharged 5.0 will only be worth $30-35k a year from now when I have 30-35k miles on it. Flat out disgusting, but sure makes it an attractive buy on the resale market!

Old 03-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful car!!!!

Old 03-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default popping sunroof

LantanaTXSuperXJ

1). The popping sunroof every time the body torques on rough roads or my driveway is driving me nuts. I thought this was an issues with the 2011-2013, but hadn't seen many gripes for later builds. Any others out there with '15/'16's with this issue?

That will be repaired under warranty.
I just had mine done. Dealer replaced parts and all is well.
I'm not by my invoice so do not know which parts.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by michaelnv
LantanaTXSuperXJ

That will be repaired under warranty.
I just had mine done. Dealer replaced parts and all is well.
I'm not by my invoice so do not know which parts.
what year is your XJ?