Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

XJR Amplifier wiring harness adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Question XJR Amplifier wiring harness adapter?

Hey guys, my car's Amplifer, along with everything else, has died. I'm looking at an aftermarket unit bc the guy at the dealership tried raping me. I was wondering if there is an adapter that fits into the plug that goes into the old amplifier, and turns it into the generic wires that all other amplifiers use. I looked online, but I'm not even sure where to start. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I already told you in your other post https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...16/#post518113 where to find an amp for a better price.

The OEM amp uses a D2B fiber optic network, you can just pop in an aftermarket amp.

But the time you've messed around buying an aftermarket amp, and getting it wired up, you could have bought two or three of those amps from ebay....

Old 06-11-2012, 12:03 PM

I'm just worried about a used one breaking since I have lost all electronics once. I mean EVERYTHING is breaking on this p.o.s. car, what's to say a used one wont give me the same problems, without a warranty lol. I have very little faith in anything jaguar anymore, being my 2nd jaguar and the exact same issues. Only 20 years separate the cars from the exact same problems. Glad to see they are consistent lol

Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I bought my amp off ebay, it's been fine. But I do understand your frustration.

Did the dealer offer any reason why the amp failed? I remember reading a TSB about water ingress to the trunk above where the amp is mounted.

My advice, take it or not;

It's a waste of money buying a new amp for an 8-year old car, just get 2nd hand one.

For all the messing around with an aftermarket amp, you won't save any money, nor have any guarantees that something else won't happen.

You bought the car a year ago for 9 grand, with a knackered air compressor, and no warranty. Got it well under book value. With 81K on the clock...hardly a cherry...

These cars cost money to keep, you have to expect that....

The following users liked this post:
Adam78 (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo351
I bought my amp off ebay, it's been fine. But I do understand your frustration.

Did the dealer offer any reason why the amp failed? I remember reading a TSB about water ingress to the trunk above where the amp is mounted.

My advice, take it or not;

It's a waste of money buying a new amp for an 8-year old car, just get 2nd hand one.

For all the messing around with an aftermarket amp, you won't save any money, nor have any guarantees that something else won't happen.

You bought the car a year ago for 9 grand, with a knackered air compressor, and no warranty. Got it well under book value. With 81K on the clock...hardly a cherry...

These cars cost money to keep, you have to expect that....
I Actually think I found the fault of all of the electronics, The trunk one day stopped getting water in it. Altogether, the leak just packed up. So I was happy, until one day i went to get something from the back seat, and the pass floor was SOAKING wet. Much like how the trunk used to be. Also, even a day or so after rain, when i roll down then up my windows, they are wet. I think the sunroof is my problem, i think there is a leak running down the rear pillars. When i close the door i can see the sunroof pop up a little from the air pressure. Is this normal? I think it's kind of just sitting there on its track since it fell off once and was just kind of put back in place by Jaguar and not entirely fixed.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 717 Posts

Good job... I have replaced all weather stripping on the car... the first to go was the sunroof's weather strip. Be sure to get the single molded weatherstrip WITHOUT any break! The OEM Jaguar weatherstrip will suit your requirement. If you go aftermarket, be sure the weather strip is properly fused at the "meeting point" Also ensure the meeting point is facing the rear of the car. fwiw.