Public Liability Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Public Liability Insurance

Can anyone answer the following questions,

1 Does Jaguar Forums.com hold a Public Liability Insurance ????

2 If Yes, can I have the policy number please.

3 Is the forum registered in Australia under the Incorporation Act ??????

Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

This forum and many others is owned by Internet Brands based in California USA. May as well contact them directly with your questions.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Kove
Can anyone answer the following questions,

1 Does Jaguar Forums.com hold a Public Liability Insurance ????

2 If Yes, can I have the policy number please.

3 Is the forum registered in Australia under the Incorporation Act ??????
Neil,

Your thread title and post content suggests you may wish to enter into a dispute with forum owner, Internet Brands.

If this is the case, then a public thread is not the way to proceed. Please send an email to legal@internetbrands.com . You may also contact Internet Brands by writing to:

Legal Deparment,
Internet Brands, Inc.,
909 N. Sepulveda Blvd,
11th Floor, El Segundo,
California 90245.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
paulyling (10-01-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Default Wrong

Sorry you have the bull by the horns, It came up in discussion the other day as to whether the forum / group carried a public liability policy. It would appear that it does not, all this does is satisfy a couple of members.

The following users liked this post:
paulyling (10-01-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 323 Likes on 211 Posts

Like all other forums on the internet, jaguarforums.com is just that. A place for like minded individuals to post questions and get answers. It is not an incorporated car club.

If your car is registered in Queensland under the SIV scheme, you need to be a current financial member of an incorporated car club and show evidence that you are going to or returning from a club sponsored event. If not and you are stopped by the police, your car is considered not registered and not insured.

Several car clubs advise their members to carry a copy of their event calendar to produce if stopped.

Being a member of jaguarforums.com doesn't meet the requirements.

I am assuming that this was part of the the concern of the original question.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/reg...ecial-interest

Stu

Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Received 174 Likes on 105 Posts

I am wondering why you would even think that a internet forum would even consider the need for 'Public Liability Insurance'. Personally I can't think of any instance where a 'forum' would be exposed to any risk.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:17 AM
Default Please remove this post, it a Clayton's

No post

Last edited by Kove; 10-19-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: l
Old 10-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Jeez they need to lighten up a bit up there with club rules. How stupidly bureaucratic can you get?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by yarpos
Jeez they need to lighten up a bit up there with club rules. How stupidly bureaucratic can you get?

Pretty stupid I guess, but not quite as bad as Victoria though. At least we do not have to fill in a log book every time the vehicle is used as is the case in Victoria.

Club Rego in Queensland is $211 per year (including third party insurance) so I consider it's a bargain!

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...-permit-scheme

Old 10-21-2017, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StuG
Pretty stupid I guess, but not quite as bad as Victoria though. At least we do not have to fill in a log book every time the vehicle is used as is the case in Victoria.

Club Rego in Queensland is $211 per year (including third party insurance) so I consider it's a bargain!

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...-permit-scheme
Seriously bloke? you fill in a logbook once per day (one line of writing) and can go and do whatever you want for the day, as many times as you want, 90 days a year for $150 (if thats excessive you can have 45 days for half price)

Dont try and defend the indefensible, it isnt an interstate pissing match. The system is stupid and limits the growth of club cars and the car economy in QLD. QLD has a great car culture but it could be so much better if the govt supported it.

It would be great if they would just align within States and allow a reasonable low maintenance approach nationwide, but that not invented here , my State is better than your State BS just gets in the way.

Last edited by yarpos; 10-21-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:42 AM

Steve,

Sorry mate, I didn't intend to have an interstate pissing match. I just wanted to say that every State has its own rules regarding Club Rego and that you need to abide by them.

Cheers,

Stu

Old 10-21-2017, 03:47 AM
Veteran Member

No probs, I just find it frustrating. We are frequent visitors (family were early settlers in Maryborough area) so we get up there a bit. There are many areas where these State differences rears its head, firearms is another classic in regard to whats legal and whats enforced.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:15 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by yarpos
I think you will find it is because of the Special Interest Vehicle conditions that some cars are used under.
I.e. limited use, lower rego fees and third part insurance.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Robman25
I think you will find it is because of the Special Interest Vehicle conditions that some cars are used under.
I.e. limited use, lower rego fees and third part insurance.
Understand that , but other States have become far less **** about what constitutes limited use (basically days, do what you like). I would love to see my car oriented brothers and sisters in the deep north enjoy the same freedoms.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:12 AM
Default Problems.

I started this thread to explore the understanding of limited liability with in internet forums only to find no none was able to answer the question, so there is no liability as long as you remain in the context of a forum thatis with in the forum as a keyboard warriors ?.

The other matter that was raised is the use of club rego or what ever it is called in each state, it would appear that a number of people & these are not the minority are using there cars outside the guide lines, I know we all interpret the rules not by what is written but to favour us . an example is a trip from Brisbane to Melbourne to participate of an event, Can I then return home via Perth or even Adelaide. Do I have to travel down & back by the shortest route, read the rules DO NOT interpret in your favour but just read the rules.

It's like the log book used in Vic separate entry for each separate trip, not one entry to cover all trips, you can thank your Hot Roddr mates for that one.

Anyhow rant is now complete, safe travels