Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

2011 BMW 750IL with upgraded factory/dealer installed halogram options

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 2011 BMW 750IL with upgraded factory/dealer installed halogram options

Ok now, what your about to see is either enough to make a grown man cry or make you nauseous or sick. One of my past customers that I had not seen in a while had just taken delivery of a brand new 2011 BMW 750IL. This is BMW's flagship vehicle, their "King of the Road" in a brand new color for this series called Carbon Black Metallic. My customer expressed his deep concern with the overall paint condition and severe halograming that he noticed on his new vehicle after his first wash. Also visible were extreme circular scratches and RDS's all over the vehicle, especially the tops and the top 1/4 of all the panels.

After inspecting this executive office on wheels, only one thing that came to my mind....another butcher/hack job .....nice cover up with some glaze for the new owner and out she goes.......

Here are a couple of before photo's and some short Youtube videos that I did...

Name:  DSC_0345-2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  71.8 KB

The picture below looks like ghost flames...lol.....nice job whoever this signature belongs to, did you really not see this when you finished buffing?

Name:  DSC_0346-2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  35.0 KB

YouTube - 2011 BMW 750il recieves an Innovative Detailing paint correc

YouTube - 2011 BMW 750il Innovative Detailing paint correction part 2

Thanks for viewing my thread........

Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Thanks for the video as well as posting . Actually, how a brand new ride can desperately needs to be "threat" like that . Anyway, nice to see a new happy returning customer for you

Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

I cant believe a brand new car would come with those swirls. Especially when you buy the top of the line. Anyways, nice video and thanks for posting.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a friend that bought a new Z06 with orange peel all over, apparently Corvette's are famous for this. He had to lightly sand the effected areas and completely detail the car, it now is perfect. He is a body man and this type of "fix" is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart.

Never do something like this unless you are an experienced professional, this fix took him almost a week (or longer).

Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  19.3 KB

Thanks for sharing Dave

I had a similar experience whilst visiting my local Audi dealership recently. I was looking at the A8, BRAND NEW albeit sitting outside with a few hundred miles on it, but, essentially a brand spanker...Price tag? £50k
You can pay up to £80k with ALL the options added.
Anyhow, beautiful car in Black.....
I was checking it out in the sun and the car had almost as many swirls / holograms as my 3 1/2 year old A6....maybe not quite as many but totally unacceptable when you're paying that kind of money

I'd like to see these guys, instead of offering some "Autoglyum lifeshine " service or similar that they try to sell for £500 or more retaining a professional such as yourself Dave to send out their cars in Pristine condition. It'd do their rep no end of good and wouldn't really cost that much, in fact the customer would probably end up paying for it anyway.
Downside? I guess you probably could't keep up with the work rate and stil continue to do tha A1 job that you do

Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64

Thanks for sharing Dave

I had a similar experience whilst visiting my local Audi dealership recently. I was looking at the A8, BRAND NEW albeit sitting outside with a few hundred miles on it, but, essentially a brand spanker...Price tag? £50k
You can pay up to £80k with ALL the options added.
Anyhow, beautiful car in Black.....
I was checking it out in the sun and the car had almost as many swirls / holograms as my 3 1/2 year old A6....maybe not quite as many but totally unacceptable when you're paying that kind of money

I'd like to see these guys, instead of offering some "Autoglyum lifeshine " service or similar that they try to sell for £500 or more retaining a professional such as yourself Dave to send out their cars in Pristine condition. It'd do their rep no end of good and wouldn't really cost that much, in fact the customer would probably end up paying for it anyway.
Downside? I guess you probably could't keep up with the work rate and stil continue to do tha A1 job that you do
Your very welcome Jim,

Sorry I did not respond sooner but I have just been slammed with lots of work and a hectic schedule.....

What you say is so true, and over and over again I continue to see that same thing and the customer is fed up!. So until they do the right thing, hire the right detailer or a service like my own, they will continue to pay out for these atrocious flaws they leave on the vehicles.

When they provided these "AutoGlym Lifeshine" packages, all they are doing is putting "Perfume on the pig" (Vehicle is not the pig, but the inferior polishing job is). With that said, all they do is cover these defects up or "Smoke and Mirror" the customer with this glaze. Once the vehicle is washed, it all flashes of and your left with "Hologram Central"

So until they wise up, they will continue to pay out for these types of situations.....

Happy 4th of July!