Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Optimum Gloss Coat + Other Optimum Products on Car (& Truck)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Optimum Gloss Coat + Other Optimum Products on Car (& Truck)

About a month and a half ago, I got around to doing full details on my 3 vehicles, the Jag being 1 of them. I had been checking out this new Optimum Gloss Coat, along with some of their other products, for some time. A guy that's been doing Custom work for me about 6 yrs, who owns a Custom shop, showed me a bit of cars he had done with it, not knowing or thinking I'd try it myself! It'd been $1,200 for him to do my (well, that was the Price he gave me for my truck) Vehicle, plus Rims. ($400 for the Rims)

So I got to looking it up, & bought a 20cc bottle of it, plus the Optimum Paint prep, Optimum Clay-bar, some Super Plush Microfiber towels, 32ounce Optimum Tire Gel, & 32ounce Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax Solution. I already have a Griots DA buffer, Meguairs Cutting Discs plus the D300 Paint Correction Compound.

So I washed her really good, Clay-barred her, then went over it with the Paint prep Spray; got the DA buffer, & cut the paint; went back over it with the Paint Prep again, then applied the Opti Gloss Coat to the car, trim, headlights & Rims (Rims were later being I got them refurbish a week later after doing the detail.

Also, just to show what the No Rinse Wash & Wax does,