E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

Alarm Sensors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Sensors!!!

I need some feedback!

bought a brand new e-pace s on Thursday, picked it up from the garage and was loving life! It’s a beautiful car. Drives amazingly, looks incredible and is just a dream!

However, early hours Saturday morning myself and fiancé were woken up to what I can only describe as the loudest screeching alarm I have ever heard! Definitely does it’s job...and thanks to the remote app I knew it was ours as it notified me! (The car is just to the right of the house and at 4am you’re hoping it’s not yours)

Turned it off, obviously thinking the worse - didn’t happen again. Saturday out driving and bonnet open warning appears in the dash, then speant the whole of early hours yesterday between 2am and 8am turning the alarm off. Let’s just say we’re not loved in our neighbourhood right now!!!! Checked on the vehicle details and the alarm trigger was the bonnet.

Reading other threads on older jags this has been a common fault - but surely a brand new 2018 vehicle which has been driven over 4 days shouldn’t be experiencing this kind of fault early on?! Would anyone else be concerned?

cars going into garage tomorrow as jaguar assist couldn’t replace the sensor - whole front bumper has to come off!!!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the sensor malfunction. My wife and I are awaiting her E-PACE to arrive. Coincidentally, she had a similar problem with her XE. It shut down one hot summer day after she had just loaded groceries in the car. Turned out to be a simple fix - a loose sensor connection. We haven't had another problem since - knock on wood.

I also had 2 O2 sensors replaced on each of my F-Type S (2015 replaced by a 2016 after I found a deer) shortly after purchasing. Again, no problem with sensors since then - knock on wood.

Hang in there. About the only brand vehicle I've found to have superior quality has been Toyota/Lexus/Scion and, when compared with a Jag - any Jag - Toyotas are an appliance.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a problem!

Sensor was replaced and it seems to have fixed the issue! It’s a great car though, and an absolute dream to drive.

Thanks for the info, it’s a shame you’ve had that issue too but it’s a simple fix thankfully!

I hope your wife enjoys her e-pace just as much as I do!!!