E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

Front bumpers without overriders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumpers without overriders?

Hi guys. Purists, please exuse me. I am convinced that if "the old man" could decide, the E would not have overriders. They are obstructing the whole design, just look at the Ferrari 275 when it comes to chrome around the headlights and bumpers. Btw it is never confirmed that Enzo actually said those words about the E-type, but who cares.
I have been thinking how to make a nice front bumper but that will involve a lot of welding, grinding and rechroming.

Then to the point, do anyone knows about someone who is offering those pure front bumpers ala XKSS for the E?

Enjoy your weekend!

Thor

Old 01-27-2019, 04:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Thorjag
Hi guys. Purists, please exuse me. I am convinced that if "the old man" could decide, the E would not have overriders. They are obstructing the whole design, just look at the Ferrari 275 when it comes to chrome around the headlights and bumpers. Btw it is never confirmed that Enzo actually said those words about the E-type, but who cares.
I have been thinking how to make a nice front bumper but that will involve a lot of welding, grinding and rechroming.

Then to the point, do anyone knows about someone who is offering those pure front bumpers ala XKSS for the E?

Enjoy your weekend!

Thor
Buy a set of the stainless steel bumpers sold in England for an xke (about a 1/4 the price of regular bumpers and twice as good). and weld, shape and change anyway you want, just use stainless welding rod and rebuff them up to an unbelievable shine ! Thats what I did and I love the way they look.
Jag guys that have seen them have to be told they are not original.

The following users liked this post:
sedonajag (05-07-2019)