F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Current impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current impressions?

I'm looking at buying an F Pace and have read quite a bit here and wondered if I could get an updated impression? It seems many of the original bugs have been sorted such as the infotainment system but for those of you who now have 5-6 months of experience what do you think?

For context I have a 2012 Range Rover Sport with 60K miles - it is without a doubt the best vehicle of its kind I have ever owned including Porsche Cayenne and MB. I am not replacing the RRS - no way - it's never given me a problem - the F Pace will be replacing our Audio wagon. I was just going to buy a new Range Rover Sport but became intrigued by the reviews on the Jag SUV. I also would like to have something a bit more sporty than the RRS. To be specific - I know I will like how it rides and performs - I'm only interested in whatever problems still exist. As an owner of a British truck I know they can be a bit quirky - I also own 4 Italian motos - same thing.

Thanks so much in advance.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Robb57, have you done any research besides asking a broad question like this on your first post?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:11 PM

Yes - read every industry review I could find and have scoured the forum. I get the implication behind your question but I am neither lazy nor new to forums or the quid pro qou of shared knowledge that makes them valuable. Most of what I've read here is somewhat dated - folks have described problems but the thread ends and it's not clear there was a resolution - which doesn't surprise me - we move on when it's fixed.

I thought my question was fairly focused - i.e., you've had your F Pace for 6 months and either you've had no problems, or you've had problems which have been fixed, or they haven't been fixed to your satisfaction but you love the vehicle so much you don't care.

My intent was to waste anyone's time, troll or lurk. With all due respect you could have just answered my original question in the time it took to write your response.

Did I mention I also have a Triumph Thruxton R?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Robb57
Yes - read every industry review I could find and have scoured the forum. I get the implication behind your question but I am neither lazy nor new to forums or the quid pro qou of shared knowledge that makes them valuable. Most of what I've read here is somewhat dated - folks have described problems but the thread ends and it's not clear there was a resolution - which doesn't surprise me - we move on when it's fixed.

I thought my question was fairly focused - i.e., you've had your F Pace for 6 months and either you've had no problems, or you've had problems which have been fixed, or they haven't been fixed to your satisfaction but you love the vehicle so much you don't care.

My intent was to waste anyone's time, troll or lurk. With all due respect you could have just answered my original question in the time it took to write your response.

Did I mention I also have a Triumph Thruxton R?
Edit - "not to waste anyone's time"

Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb57
"....Yes - read every industry review I could find and have scoured the forum....I'm only interested in whatever problems still exist..."
Well, having armed yourself with this research knowledge you would understand general trends on broader issues, and how they have been addressed by the manufacturer and fixed by servicing dealers over time.

For me, after over 12 months of ownership, any issues experienced have been resolved to my satisfaction and the vehicle remains as appealing to drive as it was on day one.

Focus your research on 2018 models if first model-year runs are a concern. And if you haven't already, look at other F-Pace forums outside of this one where there is more activity. Your question comes up often with new potential buyers and is covered extensively elsewhere.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Unfortunately Robb..as you probably already know..the 2018's are coming out with the 2.0D and/or the 20t 4 cylinder gasoline and is a brand new Jaguar designed engine. There is also a high output version with 296 hp/295 lb/ft named 30t...The 35t/3.0L V6 is phasing out..I'm hearing even ones that were ordered with a V6 still waiting for delivery from England, may come with the down sized 4 banger instead.

For me, After my 2017 runs out of warranty..I'm done with Jaguar.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

With the Jag, expect lower material quality. When I test drove the jag I expected the smooth grain leather that is in the RRS but it was not there in the jag. The leather dashboard is nice on R Sport and S models .

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Windsor leather on the F Pace is smooth grain, but the regular leather wear much better than the smooth grain in my opinion. By the way, the leather on the dashboard is actually vinyl.

The following users liked this post:
DPK (07-12-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Robb,
I own mine for 12 month today. No more problem since they fix the info system. The best SUV I have ever own. A real sport car in a SUV body. Mine is an S. 33 000 km so far. 9,6 l/km on average. Pretty impressive.
BTW, mine is for sale. For the US, you would have a great deal with the exchange rate can$ vs US $
Guy

Old 07-14-2017, 04:58 PM

Thanks all - I appreciate the feedback. I haven't had time to go to the dealer yet but will be buying an '18 at this point and am ok waiting. I will also be buying an S version and will take a close look at finish quality of the interior materials - although that isn't the biggest deal to me. My wife and I are pretty hard on vehicles with skiing, fishing, cycling, and hauling actitvies so don't care if the leather isn't the usual Jag stuff.

That said - the Range Rover Sport has really nice materials and they've held up really well.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Robb , Gtjoey here I think I can help.
We picked up the 2018 f pace loaded s version.
As you they stopped making the LR4, A BIG MISTAKE! I LOVE THAT DAMN TRUCK!
Would have bought ten more with no kids anylonger
Anyhow for my wife and no kids it was time for an upgrade from a Honda pilot, a great car.
The new truck is GREAT!
I owned everything Jag and had originally put in the order for an estate / shooting brake. Nice car but with all the trucks on the road, it was to low.
The F pace in s trim and the big wheels looks wonderful and the v6is great.
I still drive the lr4 and might get the new sport as well.
Good luck Jag has comea long long way.
GTJOEY1314

Old 02-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I have owned F-pace for 18 months. I have had ZERO issues with it. It is my wife's car. The leather is no better than my Honda CR-v, not close to the same quality as my Bentley. If you don't absolutely have to have the performance or the prestige of a Jag, I think the CR-V is a better vehicle. It is cheaper, more economical, more practical, nearly as luxurious, and much higher resale value.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you probably already know

Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure if it's relevant, but I have a Jaguar F-Pace loaner SUV with a supercharged (corrected) 3.5 V6. It's a base (ish) model that drives nicely, but I'm surprised at how buzzy & annoying the exhaust note is. Even my wife and daughter noticed. Nice vehicle but expected it to be more aural friendly.

Feff

Last edited by Feffman; 04-03-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Feffman
Not sure if it's relevant, but I have a Jaguar F-Pace loaner SUV with a 3.5 Turbo V6. It's a base (ish) model that drives nicely, but I'm surprised at how buzzy & annoying the exhaust note is. Even my wife and daughter noticed. Nice vehicle but expected it to be more aural friendly.

Feff
Despite the badge it’s a 3 liter supercharged V6. The typical exhaust note is actually one of the main selling points in the sporty compact SUV segment.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitefpace

Despite the badge it’s a 3 liter supercharged V6. The typical exhaust note is actually one of the main selling points in the sporty compact SUV segment.
Are you referring to the burps and crackles? Reviewers all raved about it but I find it annoyingly juvenile. Ditto F-Type.