F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

How important are the following options on the SVR??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 12:15 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default How important are the following options on the SVR??

Have been looking at a few SVR’s‘s online again and noticed many do not come with the $3600
‘Driver Assist Package’.
How important is that package? Would you consider a car without it?
Adaptive cruise control isn’t super important to me. The car still has cruise control I would assume and I can set it myself.
I believe 360 camera is included with that package. How different is the camera without it?
What exactly does the Blindspot assist do on that package? I’m assuming a car without the package still has Blindspot monitors though, correct?
Park assist and high-speed emergency braking don’t seem super important to me either.

I looked at a car in person that had the light oyster semi aniline leather performance seats with light oyster Ebony interior ($1150 option noted as 303TL on the vehicle invoice) .
Many of the SVR’s that I’m looking at now have the same color of seats but not made out of that upgraded material. Is there a noticeable difference in “feel”?

Is the 825W TMM surround system ($800 listed as 025LN on invoice) the top Sound system available on the SVR?

I don’t tend to carry many people in a backseat so how important is the ‘hot climate pack’? $2110 option.

One of the cars has the premium interior protection storage packet ($510). Is that just a windshield sunshade? Is that something that could have any issues such as rattling with?

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2021, 01:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have my bookmarks in order of my favorite sites - this post made me move this forum down a few notches...

Old 10-01-2021, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by swalker86
I have my bookmarks in order of my favorite sites - this post made me move this forum down a few notches...

not sure I understand what you you are saying

Old 10-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have any experience with the upgraded leather, so I can't comment on that.

I believe you are correct regarding the stereo system.

I don't think you'll miss the hot climate pack.

Regarding Blind Spot Assist, per Jaguar:

Blind Spot Assist Explained

Blind Spot Assist is an innovative safety feature designed to keep you out of harm’s way. But how does it know when to spring into gear? Here’s how the Jaguar Blind Spot Assist works:
  • Your Jaguar uses built-in sensors to monitor your surroundings.
  • When you begin to change lanes, your vehicle will watch for approaching vehicles in your new lane.
  • If you encounter another vehicle in your blind spot, Blind Spot Assist will utilize steering torque to guide your Jaguar away from any obstacles.
Additionally, a Blind Spot Monitor is built into the side mirror of many Jaguar models. This system monitors your blind spot for any approaching cars. If you’re getting ready to merge or pass, your mirror will display an illuminated alert symbol to warn you when obstacles are in the way. If no symbol is displayed, you’re in the clear.
As for the Driver Assist package as a whole, this is a very personal decision. I like having the safety net of driver aids, but if you tend to be the person who disables them as soon as you get in the car anyway, you won't miss them. I have them, and they are not very intrusive (to me).

The following users liked this post:
parnelli (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 11:56 AM

great feedback gearFX. Much appreciated

by the way, what color of blue is your SVR? Love that picture 👍

gearFX (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 02:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by parnelli
great feedback gearFX. Much appreciated

by the way, what color of blue is your SVR? Love that picture 👍
You're welcome. My SVR is Ultra Blue.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 568 Likes on 386 Posts

I don't have a SVR, but I do have the Driver Assist Package on my wife's F-Pace-S.

My take:
Adaptive Cruise Control - Somewhat handy, but not essential. Mainly, you set cruise at a desired speed and, if you start to come up on a slower car, it will automatically slow you down. And, if the other car speeds up, turns off, or you change lanes, you'll automatically speed up towards the set speed. The allowable gap between you and car is adjustable to your comfort level. You can temporarily override the feature by accelerating (but it will back off quickly if you take your foot off the gas). BTW, the initial slow down can be a bit insidious when it kicks in. If you aren't mindful, you find yourself following comfortably behind someone in the slow lane - but 15 mph under your cruising speed.

360 Camera - Probably not essential, but pretty neat. Does just what is says to create a bird's eye view around the car.

Blindspot Assist - Monitors if there are cars in your blind spot on either side of the car. Without it, you have to rely on mirrors.

Park Assist - Sounds good, but it's very slow. You need to engage it and specify parallel vs perpendicular in advance of passing by a parking spot so it can register the space. By that time, I'm tired of blocking traffic. I've had the car 5 years and rarely use it. I will say that it's very good at managing a tight squeeze.

High Speed Braking - Nice safety feature that you hope you don't need. I've never had it engage on the open highway, but I assume this is the system that periodically "warns" me that I'm about to rear end someone when I approach an intersection and they're in the left turn lane while my through lane bends slightly to the right.

Overall, she's happy to have the package, but wouldn't consider it essential, especially with the good visibility of the F-Pace. It would be handy on the F-Type, though.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
Nightshadow (11-11-2021), parnelli (10-29-2021)

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2021, 06:18 PM

that is great feedback. Many thanks 👍

Old 10-14-2021, 08:42 PM
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by parnelli
that is great feedback. Many thanks 👍

pm me for any other specifics. Sales associate and have access to a slew of information!!

parnelli (10-16-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Great post / reply!