F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

How many of you would really buy F-Pace?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
Nice, what color combination did you go with? Yes this was an R-Sport, they also had a XE-S which is kind of weird since we don't get that trim here. I know it is a strange pair but for me I'm
thinking this or the new Lincoln Continental.
I'm somewhat traditional. My MB and Lexus are both black on black and my Vette is Cyber Gray with a light gray interior. For the exterior I chose Ultimate Black with a Jet Taurus interior which has Oyster stitching.

As you go up in the lines the choices become less and less. If you bought a "First Edition" you get no choices in colors or options. SO you either like it or you go down the line. Actually ended up with a great deal $$$$ wise.

The Lincoln is a sedan and I can see why you're up in the air about that or an SUV. For me it's all about the look. I think the LC is a gorgeous car but I think the pricing will be over the top possibly $90 to $100K.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MKenM
I'm somewhat traditional. My MB and Lexus are both black on black and my Vette is Cyber Gray with a light gray interior. For the exterior I chose Ultimate Black with a Jet Taurus interior which has Oyster stitching.

As you go up in the lines the choices become less and less. If you bought a "First Edition" you get no choices in colors or options. SO you either like it or you go down the line. Actually ended up with a great deal $$$$ wise.

The Lincoln is a sedan and I can see why you're up in the air about that or an SUV. For me it's all about the look. I think the LC is a gorgeous car but I think the pricing will be over the top possibly $90 to $100K.
Yeah I had no intention of going with a First Edition due to the color constraints and the fact that it comes with adaptive cruise control which swaps out the regular badge for one with the plastic rectangular cover--ruins the look in my opinion.

Sounds like a nice combination. I'm just kind of tired of black interiors, my XF has the white accents but aside from that it's pretty dark. If I go F-Pace it's going to be Brogue, exterior I'm still up in the air, maybe Annomite Grey, Dark Sapphire Blue or Italian Raving Red.

Pricing for the Continental is supposed to start at under $50k--so probably $49,999(I hate when they do that). I'm guessing it'll top out in the $75-80K range. I'll decide in the next couple of months. I'm usually all over the place with cars, when I got my XF I was also contemplating a Z4 and S5.

The following users liked this post:
Polarwhite (05-05-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the X4 then I put a deposit on an SQ5 and dropped it because I had caught wind of the F Pace coming out. I thought the LC was going to be a lot more expensive. Great looking car. Lots of luck in your search. At lease we'll end up with 2017's.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:44 PM

I looked at the X4 then I put a deposit on an SQ5 and dropped it because I had caught wind of the F Pace coming out. I thought the LC was going to be a lot more expensive. Great looking car. Lots of luck in your search. At lease we'll end up with 2017's.
I'm sure your F-Pace won't disappoint, and I may be joining you; be sure to post pictures when you take delivery.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I looked extensively online and spec'd one out, then sat it at the Toronto car show. Oh my, it is a thing of beauty. And from my perspective looks very functional. I'm a sedan driver - my wife is the SUV nut, but I could totally see myself in this - it doesn't appear as tall and gangly as some SUV's. I look online every day and am VERY seriously thinking of trading the XJ in on it. Love the look!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As you go up in the lines the choices become less and less. If you bought a "First Edition" you get no choices in colors or options.

I don't know about your order, but my First Edition is coming in Caesium Blue.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfy
It's always the same argument from the SUV/crossover folks -- (1) better command of the road (not really, given how tiny today's car windows are, look at the Evoque), (2) hauling people and stuff (oh no how do the Europeans manage to survive in their tiny econoboxes and tiny apartments?!) We Americans have so much crap that we can't use the garage for cars anymore, (3) not many people will do off-roading (so much for the 'sport utility') (4) the look and style (OK if you like a truck or station wagon on high stilts...some aren't even that much higher than a sedan).

BUT my main gripe is with the drivers of such vehicles, where the 'better command of the road' gives them license to drive like idiots.

Yes I am mainly active in the sedan forums but I started this thread because I seriously doubted the F-Pace would survive the competition despite its good looks (sadly Jaguar will forever be haunted by its Lucas 'lord of darkness' past).
Regardless of whatever else had been said.. if you live in 'snow' country a SUV or Crossover makes life a lot easier .. that is why they are popular around here.
Lawrence

Old 03-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never though that I would buy an F-pace one day until the day I saw one of my friends buying it. I think I will buy it, but not now

Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Regardless of whatever else had been said.. if you live in 'snow' country a SUV or Crossover makes life a lot easier .. that is why they are popular around here.
Lawrence

My 2013 Lexus GS 350 Sedan came with AWD. It has been fantastic on long drives on snow-covered roads. SUVs haven't been able to keep up with me. And I don't "haul" stuff. Still, I'm going back to an SUV, or more correctly, CUV, this year with the F-Pace. Do I need a SUV/CUV? No. Not with an AWD Lux sports sedan. I'm just tired of a sedan for reasons I cannot precisely articulate. Maybe I just want something different.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Definitely interested but I already see Tata flaws. The td6 motor used in RR's is a great diesel. That 4 banger diesel is a dog IMHO. So issue #1. The S looks awesome and I have already built my potential order. Not in love with the packages instead of being able to custom build as you wish.
Not the best name I've heard.

Now lets talk Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. I own a 2015 Evoque Dynamic Coupe. It is a VERY small vehicle (171 inches long) but drives like its a foot longer vehicle due to relatively long wheelbase. 2500 mile trips confirm its long distance comfort. It is not soft. Don't think of it as an SUV as it handles like a sports coupe esp in Dynamic trim with the magnetic shocks. The Ecoboost 2.0 motor is actually a sweetheart but the MAJOR Achilles Heel of the Evoque from 2014 on is that damn ZF 9 speed transmission. It doesn't let let the vehicle do its job. It makes it lousy in slippery conditions because it is so slow to respond to subtle inputs. Frankly all that terrain control stuff is BS to me anyway as my X5d climbs sheets of glass and needs no special programmng It is the reason it won't be a long term keeper and ,yes, it was the wife's 50th Bday present.

My concern is an arrogance that seems to be present in Tata now. They DON"T listen to their owners anymore. These are not cheap vehicles and the company seems to have the take it or leave it mentality esp with my requests to modify the TCU on the Evoque. I race, I have a clue, its not complicated, but they refuse to listen. On the other hand, BMW has been nothing short of the opposite. I drove a RR sport and it has major bling over the BMW X5 but it, in no way drives as well, handles as well, inspires confidence as well. I love the size of the F Pace but will wait to drive at length before I jump in based on my recent experience with the parent company.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Interesting pics... right next to the Ford booth!

Old 03-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I am a sedan guy and always wondered about this American fad for 'taller' cars and crossovers. Why? Is it because you perceive (falsely) more safety sitting higher up? Or do you need its higher ground clearance (some negligible) for occasional off-roading? I have no desire of ever owning such a vehicle myself.

Driving to Maine from CT over the past 35 or so years, when you pass a 100,000 lb logging truck or or goes by in opposite direction on a 2 lane road in your sedan you are effectively blind from the spray while in my SUV, I have some vision. That is issue #1. I live on side of a Mountain at the Loaf. Sedans DO have issues with snow depth, drifts etc on many occasions except in a skilled driver's hands. Regardless of vehicle types, most drivers suck. I will be one of those a$$holes that blows by you in my X5d in a snowstorm BTW. However, I am a trained race driver and have been driving that way for 35 years with nary an issue. I have had many the driver experience their limits (probably a few brown stains have occurred) trying to follow me in bad conditions. So skill matters. Also important are IDIOTS that think AWD is a substitute for traction. Winter requires winter rubber. PERIOD. Being cheap about tires is just plain stupid. All season tires suck at everything. I can drive fast because I have traction and am working with that window.

BTW I've had 2 Xj's and an XK. They will go fine in the winter, but I'd never drive them in a storm to Maine. Asking for trouble besides beating up lovely cars. As for those "SAFE" sedan drivers that block roads doing 25 when I'm comfortable at 50......you will get passed.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Plainsman
My 2013 Lexus GS 350 Sedan came with AWD. It has been fantastic on long drives on snow-covered roads. SUVs haven't been able to keep up with me. And I don't "haul" stuff. Still, I'm going back to an SUV, or more correctly, CUV, this year with the F-Pace. Do I need a SUV/CUV? No. Not with an AWD Lux sports sedan. I'm just tired of a sedan for reasons I cannot precisely articulate. Maybe I just want something different.
Your Lexus would high center around here on many winter days.. good SUV's tend not to due to clearance.. its that simple.
My sedan's are more fun to drive, but I wouldn't get out of my driveway on many days of the winter.. the SUV type vehicle does.
Lawrence.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:20 PM

Interesting pics... right next to the Ford booth!
It was by millionaire's row; Bentley, RR, McLaren etc. and even a Vulcan. I was surprised by their display actually, only the XE and F-Pace were there, and both were roped off.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just put in a deposit for the First edition. expecting it to arrive between July but picking up in September.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
It was by millionaire's row; Bentley, RR, McLaren etc. and even a Vulcan. I was surprised by their display actually, only the XE and F-Pace were there, and both were roped off.
Well I guess those millionaires will take the F-Pace on their weekly grocery/Costco runs.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:51 PM

Well I guess those millionaires will take the F-Pace on their weekly grocery/Costco runs.
Pfft, that's a peasant's job.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by KASNINJA
just put in a deposit for the First edition. expecting it to arrive between July but picking up in September.
I'm sure you will really be pleased with the Fpace. I ordered the XE sport a week ago.. almost went with the Fpace, but we already have high clearance cars so decided on the sedan.
The Fpace looks good and it will no doubt handle well.
Lawrence

Old 03-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Here is mine, build date 4/15, delivery late June. Can't wait, will so complement the convertable..

Old 03-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to put myself firmly in the came of "would buy", as I have bought! Delivery date is July 16th, and I couldn't be more excited.

The following users liked this post:
theweeb (03-11-2016)

Quick Reply: How many of you would really buy F-Pace?