F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Recurring Error Codes - Turbo Over Boost and Diesel Exhaust Filter Cleaning/Full

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recurring Error Codes - Turbo Over Boost and Diesel Exhaust Filter Cleaning/Full

I have the 2016 F Pace 3.0lt Diesel R Sport.

Since October last year I have been experiencing recurring error code PO234/07E8 - Turbo Over Boost Conditioner. At the same time I also get a warning that the Diesel Exhaust Filter requires cleaning so each time I drive the car for 20 minutes as instructed.

The car has been back to the dealership 3 times now but all attempts to fix the problem have failed.

The first time the dealership advised that it was a sensor problem.

The second time they found a leak in the inner seals of the turbo and replaced the entire turbo unit.

The third time the car was towed to the dealership because the diesel exhaust filter was full and the car went into performance restriction mode. They carried out a clean of the exhaust and filter to remove soot build up. They also checked the error code once again in relation to the turbo over boost conditioner. No explanation as to why this fault keeps occurring.

Within a week or two each time the car is returned to me the error codes appear. Yesterday, the yellow engine warning symbol appeared again whilst driving! I’ve only had the car back one week!

I’m so disappointed and very frustrated and I have now lost faith in the integrity and the ability of Jaguar to repair my car.

All attempts to repair to date have been under warranty. However my warranty has just expired two days ago. I’m hoping that as this is an ongoing problem that was brought to Jaguars attention on several occasions during the warranty period that the warranty will still be honored until this problem is fixed.

Any thoughts on what you think may be the issue here? Could it just be a software glitch. Of course I’ll be calling Jaguar dealership first thing Monday morning. This will be the 4th time!

Old 05-13-2021, 05:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi

Hi i have exactly same problem as you in Jaguar xj351. I been already 5 times in dealership and j just getting more headaches. Could tell me how you resolved your problem, please?

Since October last year I have been experiencing recurring error code PO234/07E8 - Turbo Over Boost hiConditioner. At the same time I also get a warning that the Diesel Exhaust Filter requires cleaning so each time I drive the car for 20 minutes as instructed.

The car has been back to the dealership 3 times now but all attempts to fix the problem have failed.

The first time the dealership advised that it was a sensor problem.

The second time they found a leak in the inner seals of the turbo and replaced the entire turbo unit.

The third time the car was towed to the dealership because the diesel exhaust filter was full and the car went into performance restriction mode. They carried out a clean of the exhaust and filter to remove soot build up. They also checked the error code once again in relation to the turbo over boost conditioner. No explanation as to why this fault keeps occurring.

Within a week or two each time the car is returned to me the error codes appear. Yesterday, the yellow engine warning symbol appeared again whilst driving! I’ve only had the car back one week!

I’m so disappointed and very frustrated and I have now lost faith in the integrity and the ability of Jaguar to repair my car.

All attempts to repair to date have been under warranty. However my warranty has just expired two days ago. I’m hoping that as this is an ongoing problem that was brought to Jaguars attention on several occasions during the warranty period that the warranty will still be honored until this problem is fixed.

Any thoughts on what you think may be the issue here? Could it just be a software glitch. Of course I’ll be calling Jaguar dealership first thing Monday morning. This will be the 4th time![/QUOTE]

Old 05-13-2021, 06:17 AM

Oh gosh I feel your pain and frustration.

Following my post on here, it took Jaguar another 4 attempts to finally fix the problem. The list of fixes was was very long.

According to the documentation I received they found a leak in the crankcase oil separator which caused the engine light on dash and prevented the dpf regeneration from occurring. They replaced the crankcase oil separator and carried out a forced dpf regeneration.

I fail to see how this fix was related to the problem but it’s been almost a year now and it’s going good.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:38 AM

Thank you very much

Old 05-13-2021, 07:42 AM

I hope that will help me. I spend a lot of money so far and could not sleep. Thank you ones more time

Old 02-03-2022, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Studi Ltd - did you manage to resolve your issue? if so was the problem as KathLE mentioned? unfortunately i have the exact same issue on my 3.0D F Pace....

Old 02-26-2022, 05:57 PM

Hi, check the throttle maybe blocked fully closed when pressed with a finger, best regards.