F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

What's your favorite F-P feature? Least fave?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts
Default What's your favorite F-P feature? Least fave?

I think the new F-P is beginning to grow on me, at least in the tech department and after I have reconciled to the fact that Jaguar will never go back to the rich old-world wood-and-leather interior.

My favorite feature is the large glass sunroof (biggest in its class?)

For the F-P owners, which area do you want Jaguar to address in future model years?

Old 07-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

For me, I like the AWD and sports car likeness. The one thing I don't like is the missing exit feature for the seats.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

From Consumer Reports --
"F-Pace is not as nice inside, compared to Porsche Macan, but it rides better, is less expensive, though not as impeccably finished."

CR also noted some "squeaks and rattles" and questioned F-Pace's long-term reliability.

That's why Jaguar has EliteCare for 5 yrs/60k mi. Hopefully there will be a Portfolio trim next year.

Last edited by Wolfy; 07-25-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I bought this car under the premise that Jaguar has come a long way in quality, workmanship, design, and continued classiness.

Quality - Early to tell, but no problems to worry about yet, and I won't ruin my experience worrying about the future, but will use the forum if and when something happens to deal with the present based upon the replies from the past.

Workmanship - Outstanding on all fronts without question. This is on the F-Pace and my new 2016 R. Amazingly done well on my cars.

Design - What can I say.....two of the best designs on the road today, and I am a spoiled man, not knowing which one to drive first. Will I ever have a combo like this again.....probably not. Has the F-Pace exceeded my expectations....not really, it met the already high expectations that I had in the original viewing. I got the color combo's correct, and the model (the S), and from this point it was smooth sailing in first seeing the car. The design is unbelievable in my view.

Continues classiness - I don't know what folks expect, but if it had all of the trim of the XJ, I wouldn't want to pay for that when the trim on the F-Pace S is so nice and fitting for the type of vehicle it is. There is nothing wrong with the way the trim is designed at all, and more wood, more this and more that costs, and this cost is passed on to us in the way of higher stickers. I do believe that the price was outstanding (despite my dealership woes on the trade). One could not match the thus far everything about this car for the price and expect the "Trimmings" to rival that of an XJ etc. It isn't an XJ, and as an SUV iv you want the trimmings go for the Infiniti Q beast, or the more expensive other cars. I will stick with Jaguar until proven otherwise.

With the above said I am not naive, and there will be problems. This is where the 60K mile protection comes in on both cars, and happy for that. It is added protection for me, and this is without question a great feature. F-Pace is new, and like all machines that are new and innovative, they sometimes do things unexpected. I won't sweat worrying about this, and when the time comes, I will deal with it accordingly through warranty.

Hope this helps from one mans perspective. Jaguar has outdone themselves again, and get this "I don't work for them"! :-)

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (07-27-2016)