F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17' F-Type R - Extended Warranty Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 01:16 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 17' F-Type R - Extended Warranty Options

I have a 17' F-Type R Coupe that I originally leased and typically dump and get a new one every few years but due to china virus ended up buying out the lease. Kind of at a brick wall with what to do now. I have 41k miles on it currently and thinking of just getting an extended warranty come January when mine runs out. What has everyones experience been with the extended warranty? I'm going by the dealer to get a flat tire swapped out tomorrow and going to see what they are offering but open to 3rd party as well. I'm also open to selling it but I really can't think of what I'd replace this with for a daily driver. I do around 10k miles a year and wondering how many miles I can ride this thing for until he completely dies. Any experience from anyone with very high milage F-Types and how they've held up to 100k+ miles? Anything I should be doing if i keep it proactively beyond dealer maint (oil changes/breaks etc)?

Old 12-22-2022, 05:15 AM
Received 121 Likes on 101 Posts

Asking the dealer is a good idea I think. Ask the service department, not the F&I guy. Don't to choose a warranty company that they won't deal with.
On the other hand, write a check to yourself and "self insure" for future troubles. Should come out ahead.
We have 82,000 miles on our '16. Other than a leaking pinion seal, it hasn't skipped a beat, touch wood.
We have no plans to sell it. Ever.
Changing the "lifetime" fluids is the most proactive thing you can do.

The following users liked this post:
scm (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 03:34 PM
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I bought the "Jaguar" warranty from Dallas Jag and I made out on top. The underwriting company was First Mile Warranty/TWS.

he key was calling out leaking bushings (no play), but Jaguar won't repair them, they replace the whole assembly. So technically I made a "service profit" of $5k on a $2k service contract in addition to getting a new suspension all around.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dmchao
I bought the "Jaguar" warranty from Dallas Jag and I made out on top. The underwriting company was First Mile Warranty/TWS.

he key was calling out leaking bushings (no play), but Jaguar won't repair them, they replace the whole assembly. So technically I made a "service profit" of $5k on a $2k service contract in addition to getting a new suspension all around.
How much did you pay and for what term for the extended warranty from dallas jag? Thats who i'm bringing it in to see.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I purchased a 3 year, 36k mile gold plus "warranty" via TWS/First Mile Services. For the Gold Plus, $4072, $100 deductible. I ended up forgoing the last year and change and JLR Dallas sent me back a prorated balance. This was on my XJL however. I dont live in Dallas, it was serviced regularly for paperwork reason, I DIY everything now that I have no warranty handcuffs.

There are a lot of stipulations in the contract that prevent them from catastrophic loss. Checking your PCV regularly (which is in the valve cover, so you'd have to pull the supercharger to "check it"), stupid stuff that they hold over your head in event of massive issues. But they paid on time.

I had an issue with my steering rack leaking. They wouldn't pay for OEM parts all the time, only the Bosch steering rack, so my Jaguar dealer refused to proceed on that claim, but other than that it was smooth sailing. I imagine if I took it to JLR Dallas, it probably would have been ok. They kept telling me it was the "Jaguar" warranty, but it's a negotiated service contract that their network of dealers use. I can't imagine how many dumb consumers just pay for these things.

Last edited by dmchao; 12-22-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:13 PM
Received 121 Likes on 101 Posts

You definitely want an "exclusionary" warranty where they spell out what they don't cover.

Old 12-23-2022, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 394 Posts

Self-insuring 1-3 Jaguars since 1982. No complaints.