F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 V8S Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
JLR is not the only company that does this. Ford Australia has a supercharged 5.0L V8 based on the Coyote engine (the supercharged variant known as the Miami, no relation to the AJ133S btw) they do the exact same thing, different power outputs for marketing purposes, from the exact same hardware.
Aston Martin released the 2013MY updated V12 platform with VVT and knock sensors. In the DB9, it produces 510BHP. In the Vanquish and V12VS, 565BHP. The latter two have the N400 style airbox fitted with the flaps, which accounts for perhaps 10-15BHP. The remaining 40BHP is just a difference in the requested torque valves.

Just like JLR stuff.... the difference, almost literally, is that they just don't open the throttle as wide. Way oversimplified, but the best way I can describe it is imagine driving an entirely mechanical car, carbs, throttle cable etc. Now adjust the throttle stop on the pedal so you can't open the butterfly all the way. Now adjust it so you can...

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Cambo (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Overblown
Do you have even a rough idea on when you'll be able to roll out those things? The 605hp tune and the powergate?
605BHP tune (give or take a BHP or two - 42WHP anyway) is available effective immediately. Our delivery methods are restricted to loan of Kess Tools, which works but is fairly limited in terms of speed of delivery, or bench-flashing (24 hour turnaround.)

The Powergate 3 units, I don't have a firm timeline for. We have requested that the protocol which works on the Kess Tools be adapted for the PWG3, as I'm sure Viezu and several others have. We just have to keep bugging them and hope that in between one of the Italian holidays they get it done soon.

In the meantime, I'm investigating a couple of other options.

One of the big advantages to bench flashing, is that it doesn't appear to store as much evidence in the PCM that it has been flashed with non-original software.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Overblown (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone, for your participation in this thread. I certainly know more than when I first posted....
C

Overblown (03-30-2016)