F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F Type MT lease

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 F Type MT lease

Hi i am a new member here and i love all the info i was able to find on this forum.

I am looking to lease a 2016 F Type base MT (Coupe or Convertible), And i'd like to run these numbers by you guys to see if they are realistic before i go in and talk to the dealer.

I found this from Jaguar Manhattan (Jaguar Manhattan | New Jaguar dealership in New York, NY 10019)

Convertible MT for $369 a month for 39 months, with $4995 down and 5k miles/yr. Compare to manufacturer's offer ($699 for 39 months, $4995 down and 10k per yr), this seems reasonable because i am limited to half the miles, thus half the depreciation and thus about half the payment??

Now, as i check their inventory, i realize someone had already claim this deal. But what are the odds that i can go in and ask for a similar deal?

And lastly, im actually more of a 6k-7k miles per yr guy, so is it wiser to ask for a 7500 per yr lease or stick with 5k per year and then buy additional miles after? Or does it make no difference?

This will be my first major purchase since i started working. Still learning a lot and any help is appreciated! Thank you so much

Old 02-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

First, it's ridiculously easy to put 7K on an F-Type in 6 months, let alone a year. They are incredibly fun to drive, and if you have one, you are going to spend any hours not driving it wishing you were driving it.

The car will convince you to take it out on open roads every chance you can get, it will urge to you take long drives on twisty scenic roads just to spin the motor up and hear the exhaust echo off the trees. You will yearn to seek out every tunnel and roar through it.

All of this will add up to more miles than you expect, and the lease companies know that. In fact they are banking on that.

So take that into consideration before you lease.

Orkney

Old 02-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
First, it's ridiculously easy to put 7K on an F-Type in 6 months, let alone a year. They are incredibly fun to drive, and if you have one, you are going to spend any hours not driving it wishing you were driving it.

The car will convince you to take it out on open roads every chance you can get, it will urge to you take long drives on twisty scenic roads just to spin the motor up and hear the exhaust echo off the trees. You will yearn to seek out every tunnel and roar through it.

All of this will add up to more miles than you expect, and the lease companies know that. In fact they are banking on that.

Orkney
+1. Especially with the fun of driving the manual transmission, it's too easy to put on the miles. I average at least a thousand miles a month with the F-Type and only use it infrequently for commuting back and forth to work.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Its important to know what MSRP those payments are quoted off of. They are most likely quoted on an absolute base model and you'll rarely find those in stock at dealers. So, when you start adding the invariable options that are going to be on stocked cars, you price will go up considerably. Consider, also, that the quotes in question don't include sales tax and dealer fees. Given those payments, you would also be responsible for covering those costs upfront. I'd recommend contacting the dealer by phone, after taking a look at their inventory online, to see how close they can get you to those payments, with as little cash out of pocket as possible. Also, go ahead and get 10k miles per year. The bump in cost is negligible and you'll be glad you've got the extra mileage to work with.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney

Orkney
Depends where you live. I daily drive mine, take it out to cars and coffee on the weekends which is about 45 mins away, go out and drive around whenever i can and still only managed ~7k miles in ~1 year.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Daily driver... depending on the weather in Florida, last two weeks 1500 miles...

Old 02-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

having recently completed the exact same search I can tell you that the price quoted seems too good to be true. I was not able to find a dealer with the no-options added inventory, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As others have said, try to get the additional miles so you don't get killed at the end of the lease.

You can also expect a slight monthly rate increase if you don't have car credit history.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by apm33
I was not able to find a dealer with the no-options added inventory, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here's one which happens to be my dealer. The GM at this franchise is gung-ho on the little or no-option base cars.

New Jaguar F-TYPE at Jaguar Annapolis Serving Baltimore, Towson, Maryland, MD

Old 02-24-2016, 01:35 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

One in NY State with some options, discounted.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4384/overview/

Old 02-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

5k miles a year on a base F-type is ridiculous to even offer. Should be 12k minimum. These aren't Ferrari's.

I would ask for 12k or at least 10k (double theirs) for no price increase.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
5k miles a year on a base F-type is ridiculous to even offer. Should be 12k minimum. These aren't Ferrari's.

The dollar equivalent of moving from 5k to 10k miles a year is roughly $2000 over the course of the lease. So, that's roughly $30-$40 per month in payment. As far as adjusting the residual, the dealer does not have the ability to do that...

The following users liked this post:
Steve L. (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Maybe my XKR is relatively boring to drive, or I just live in a really congested area with horrible roads and weather, but I have been averaging 5000 miles a year in my XKR right now. I doubt if I changed to an F-Type that would change much unless I went on a road trip!

My local dealer has a 2016 Base F-Type AT for $499/month with the following terms:

"Lease payment is based on $1,595.00 cap cost reduction, $499.00 first payment, $0.00 security deposit, and $695.00 acquisition fee, for 42 months. $2,789.00 total due at lease signing.Based of 10,000 miles per year. All condition subject to credit approval."

Seems like a fantastic deal, I wonder if they could do the same deal for a manual F-Type. Or what jumping up to an F-Type S manual would look like.

Steve L. (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Maybe my XKR is relatively boring to drive, or I just live in a really congested area with horrible roads and weather,
It's gotta be the congestion and the sprawl in NoVa. Over on the other side of the river in Silver Spring, I just have to drive 5 miles up New Hampshire Avenue and I'm in the boonies with winding twisties.

What a great excuse: " Sorry dear, I got lost again with that crappy, slow Jag GPS".

Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX

+1 the rates for the 5K lease are "teaser" rates to get you in the door. Go with a 10K milage limit if you are going to lease. I lease all my other cars presently because I like to turn them over often. I bought the F-Type because I never wanted that voice in the back of my head telling me not to enjoy it because I am worried about the milage in a car I clearly am nuts about driving.

Steve L. (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the inputs! I will give the dealer a call to see what they can offer. Hopefully we can also work out a 10k per year lease. Will reply as soon as i talk to them. Thank you again!