Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Jaguar Lobster Run

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Perhaps the most important thing is to vary the rpm...
This...let those piston rings seal.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Convoy stop option for those coming up the east coast as a group. When we get to Connecticut on the way up we should have a brief convoy stop at Wayne Carini's shop. It's just south of Hartford. If we let him know in advance he might even have his camera crew there. though he is a Ferrari guy he would certainly appreciate a group of F-Types visiting.

Classic and Exotic Cars For Sale | F-40 Motorsports | Car Dealer in Portland, CT 06480

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (12-16-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Convoy stop option for those coming up the east coast as a group. When we get to Connecticut on the way up we should have a brief convoy stop at Wayne Carini's shop. It's just south of Hartford. If we let him know in advance he might even have his camera crew there. though he is a Ferrari guy he would certainly appreciate a group of F-Types visiting.

Classic and Exotic Cars For Sale | F-40 Motorsports | Car Dealer in Portland, CT 06480

I'd be up for that, but let's approach it from i-84 (going to the west & north of the city) to avoid Gotham traffic. On 2nd thought, a half a dozen F-Types simultaneously charging through the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel (Jay pointed that one out) would be awesome.(earplugs anyone?)

Old 12-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I'd be up for that, but let's approach it from i-84 (going to the west & north of the city) to avoid Gotham traffic. On 2nd thought, a half a dozen F-Types simultaneously charging through the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel (Jay pointed that one out) would be awesome.(earplugs anyone?)
Born and raised in Brooklyn, left in 1970 and have only been back once...for a funeral.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Born and raised in Brooklyn, left in 1970 and have only been back once...for a funeral.
And on that uplifting note...and after I just got finished with cleaning up my F-Type (joyful) after cleaning/clearing up/out a friend's room of all his belongs this morning, who died this week and didn't have any family local (awful!!!) let's try to stay positive. [cause I'm super depressed!].

Having gone through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel countless - literally - times, I will reiterate that it's one of the great long tunnels and you'll all thank me for steering you in that direction.

Speaking of direction(s) having driven from NYC to Maine many hundreds of times, I do have a preferred route (it's not 95 I can tell you that!). I will post my route - and, of course you all are free to completely disregard it - at a later date but, basically, it's West Side Highway (veering left and then making your first right upon exiting the tunnel puts you there) Henry Hudson Parkway North to the Saw Mill North (nice twisties) to 684 North to 84 East to Mass Turnpike East to 90 (towards Wooster) to 495 North which turns into 95 North (now it's OK) to 295 North (towards Portland), Exit Franklin Street and a 2 min drive to hotel.

I will also see if the hotel has washing [car] facilities but, regardless, I have two friends who own homes in Portland - directly across the street from each other coincidentally - and I will secure washing facilities and provide Forum members with "F-Type Forum Approved" supplies. Least I can do after such a long, and fun - and ticketless! (at least wait until our drive to get one) - haul.

Best regards, and back to being depressed! (Good thing I'm driving up to Owls Head soon followed by the Farnsworth Museum followed by a spectacular sushi/sashimi dinner).

Jay

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-12-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member

Current registration:
6 cars, 10 people arriving on Thursday May 5.
Another 2 cars and 4 people arriving on Friday.

David M., please PM me your forum name.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Your loss . . . quite a few changes since then, and it's a wonderful place.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Ill email Wayne Carini and give him a heads up that he may get some visitors. We can at least see if he will be around at that time and not at some concour or auction.

Unhingd (12-12-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Default Time Permitting...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owls_Head_Light

We might make a quick "pit stop" here for a scenic view of the Atlantic. (I did so yesterday and to scope it out).

Gonna be a L-O-N-G and, one must assume, fun day.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Current registration:
7 cars, 12 people arriving on Thursday May 5.

It's turning into a real party!

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-14-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

Current registration:
7 cars, 12 people arriving on Thursday May 5.

It's turning into a real party!
It was a "real" party @ 2 U. I assume the current tally of 12 for Thursday includes me and my wife (assuming she can join us?). Considering that there are a few new-comers to the F-Type, I assume that there will be more takers before it's all done?

Old 12-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
It was a "real" party @ 2 U. I assume the current tally of 12 for Thursday includes me and my wife (assuming she can join us?). Considering that there are a few new-comers to the F-Type, I assume that there will be more takers before it's all done?
You are making a lot of assumptions there, Jay, but I think they are all correct.

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-14-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

You are making a lot of assumptions there, Jay, but I think they are all correct.
Thus making an a$$ of u [U!] and me?

If you don't mind U, can you somehow devise a poll of Thursday's plan before the whole lobster dinner? Group drive/buy to L.L. Bean or walking tour of Portland including a visit to the Portland Museum of Art (great pizza and coffee shop nearby). Depending on arrival time and, of course, desires, I'm open to anything...

Best regards,
Mr. Assumption

Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts

If you don't mind U, can you somehow devise a poll of Thursday's plan before the whole lobster dinner? Group drive/buy to L.L. Bean or walking tour of Portland including a visit to the Portland Museum of Art (great pizza and coffee shop nearby). Depending on arrival time and, of course, desires, I'm open to anything...

Best regards,
Mr. Assumption
After a 3 day drive, I'm up for a Geisha to pamper me before my Thursday evening Lobster!

Old 12-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Best regards,
Mr. Assumption
Another option would be to do the LL Bean thing Friday while waiting for the others to arrive.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

Best regards,
Mr. Assumption
I'll put a poll together and specifically only invite those folks registered for Thursday to weigh in on a choice. I will a$$Ume that the activity might kickoff around 1 p.m.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Seriously considering.

Turns out we are planning to attend a meeting in Virginia which ends the Wednesday before the L-Fest. We were thinking to fly out, but reading about this conclave has caused me to consider driving to the meeting and afterwards going on to the Fest to join you. It's a long drive out from Colorado, but that's what the car is about. I don't think we can make it before mid-day Friday. I have cousins in Maine that I haven't seen in awhile, and my wife has never been to New England, so we have extra motivation to try to come. You've done a great job organizing the whole weekend, RickyJay, and we both love lobster. Wanna guess how often we get it in Colorado? We are a definite "maybe" at this time because we have some other hoops to jump and clear. Should I go ahead and register, or wait a bit? Is there a deadline for registration?

Old 12-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Should I go ahead and register, or wait a bit? Is there a deadline for registration?
No need to register until you are fairly certain. Registration will be left open for quite some time yet. I'll send out a notification when we have a firm date to close registration.

mjm3457 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
After a 3 day drive, I'm up for a Geisha to pamper me before my Thursday evening Lobster!
That too can be arranged! Anythng is possible. How about a Geisha pampering you - and what about the rest of us? - while you're eating your lobster?

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-14-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Another option would be to do the LL Bean thing Friday while waiting for the others to arrive.
Of course! That is exactly what I meant...Friday. Sorry about that. Truth is, no visit to Maine is complete without a stop in L.L. Bean. One needn't be a "traditional' sportsman/woman to appreciate the enormity (wrong word since its big, and sprawling, but very manageable) of the place - never mind it NEVER closes - and nobody on the planet has better customer service and return policy.

I'm definitely game if you all - some - are. For some, we can do Bean either in the AM or PM and walk around Portland too.

Quick Reply: 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run