F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

actually building a few cars now on the jag UK website. Some pretty cool new options for sure...

The following users liked this post:
bb_sam (01-18-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Omg those yellow accents

And stupid name changes.

Who signs off on this crap?

Old 01-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Im not sure about the new naming system at all. In the beginning the V8 was a 'S', then the 'S' became a V6 and the R the V8, now there is the 'R Dynamic' which is a V6!

I was hoping they could modify the tranmission / ECU software to improve the downshift crispness on the V8 so it sounds more racy like a DCT trans.
The 10 speaker system seems to be standard now too.
Overall I think they have made an improvement.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

The new LED lights and front clips make the whole design colder and to my eye less distinctly Jaguar.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
actually building a few cars now on the jag UK website. Some pretty cool new options for sure...
I did this too -- it looks like the base model seats are more in line with the sport seats available on the higher models, which is great.

I am a bit disappointed that it looks like the fancy new infotainment system won't include voice activation (judging from the steering wheel which is missing the voice command activation button on other Jag models). I realize that this is sports car but it is embarrassing to find that a Hyundai Veloster has more advanced technology options than an F-type.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's the thing...

my brothers Jeep SRT8 has more technology than the Jag will ever have - crazy entertainment system, cross traffic, remote starter, heated and cooled seats standard, heated steering wheel, ....

in fact a mid line Ford Fusion comes with all this stuff - should all be standard on a 120k car

Old 01-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default IRR?

It looks like Italian Racing Red is gone for 2018, on the UK site.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:03 AM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

Hmm growing on me. Beginning to wish I'd waited...
https://youtu.be/pql9emDAAy4
https://youtu.be/fG8WnWIt5rg

Old 01-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by malbec
Hmm growing on me. Beginning to wish I'd waited...
https://youtu.be/pql9emDAAy4
https://youtu.be/fG8WnWIt5rg

I need to see them in real life first I think. From some angles the front looks a lot like the AMG GT (specially the lower part). Not that the AMG GT looks bad from the front, but why make the F-type look the same....?

Last edited by Arne; 01-19-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Yes, Im not sure about the new naming system at all. In the beginning the V8 was a 'S', then the 'S' became a V6 and the R the V8, now there is the 'R Dynamic' which is a V6!
Yep, though none of the changes are earth shaking (thank goodness; don't want to mess up such a stellar design) MOST of the changes are positive; the lights, the seats, the infotainment system (though I don't really use mine) and I like the new nose on the V6 and V6 "dynamic R" but they've COMPLETELY screwed up the naming convention......starting with the F type R in the first place......now "S", "R"....doesn't tell you much of anything!

That's it; I'm tossing my "S" badges in the trash and keeping only the "Jaguar" and "F-Type" badging. ......I'll let the noise and quad exhausts explain the rest.

Dave

Old 01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
Yep, though none of the changes are earth shaking (thank goodness; don't want to mess up such a stellar design) MOST of the changes are positive; the lights, the seats, the infotainment system (though I don't really use mine) and I like the new nose on the V6 and V6 "dynamic R" but they've COMPLETELY screwed up the naming convention......starting with the F type R in the first place......now "S", "R"....doesn't tell you much of anything!

That's it; I'm tossing my "S" badges in the trash and keeping only the "Jaguar" and "F-Type" badging. ......I'll let the noise and quad exhausts explain the rest.

Dave
Scrap all the letters. If they don't know what it is by looking at it, they don't deserve to know.

The following users liked this post:
DPelletier (01-20-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

when will these '18s start rolling on the showroom floors?

Old 01-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
when will these '18s start rolling on the showroom floors?
build slots being allocated hopefully end of next week for delivery in March, I ordered an SVR in November and it takes longer as sent to SVO after regular production, i've been told april which is a pisser as the new road tax will cost me another grand

Old 01-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by IRRBrogue
It looks like Italian Racing Red is gone for 2018, on the UK site.
Also looks like Firesand Orange is gone too.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
A lot of body roll on that car (pics 7 & 8). Mouth seems a bit smaller and less aggressive than the current cars, but that may be an illusion caused by the camo.
I noticed the same thing. That is something that annoys me about the XF...I would think a low slung, high performance coupe like the F would not inherit that annoying chassis flaw.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

The pictures with the body roll appear to show the car is turning into either Karussell or Mini Karussell. The rear tyre on the outside of the turn appears to be smoking, so I think we can take it as read that the driver was not on a cool down lap.

A Nurburgring 24hour race car might not roll much through there, but would be largely unusable on the road.

Have a look at YouTube for clips of what happens when drivers misjudge either of those two corners. 😎

Last edited by F-typical; 01-28-2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Spelling and YouTube
Old 01-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
I noticed the same thing. That is something that annoys me about the XF...I would think a low slung, high performance coupe like the F would not inherit that annoying chassis flaw.
It's not a chassis flaw, but rather a suspension issue. Stiffer springs and rear sway bar would solve that at the expense of ride comfort as suggested by F-typical.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:43 PM

Delivery dates for my18 models were released I got my date today. Build 23rd Feb deliver 20th March so just miss the new road tax rates that's for an svr so takes longer than a regular f type. Supposedly the first convertible my18 svr off the line. That said I've never seen a convertible svr on the road in the UK.

7 weeks to wait....

Old 01-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_Sw1
Delivery dates for my18 models were released I got my date today. Build 23rd Feb deliver 20th March so just miss the new road tax rates that's for an svr so takes longer than a regular f type. Supposedly the first convertible my18 svr off the line. That said I've never seen a convertible svr on the road in the UK.

7 weeks to wait....
Not to dash your hopes, but regularly when a new model is released there is a yard hold because of last minute software updates needed, or part replacements. When the 16MY cars came out every single car waited 30 days in the ports before they were released for TCM software updates.

Also, while yours may be the first 18MY SVR off the line, its probably not. I heard the same thing about mine and it ended up being hundreds down the line, even though i ordered it the day books opened.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Not to dash your hopes, but regularly when a new model is released there is a yard hold because of last minute software updates needed, or part replacements. When the 16MY cars came out every single car waited 30 days in the ports before they were released for TCM software updates.

Also, while yours may be the first 18MY SVR off the line, its probably not. I heard the same thing about mine and it ended up being hundreds down the line, even though i ordered it the day books opened.
Well there is no port involved for me, I guess there could be software updates on the new incar entertainment but other than that its the same car as far as i know, anyway, fingers crossed that I beat the April tax change. It won't have a special number as I think they take a regular F-type R off the production line and just send it over to SVO to play with it. anyway i'll find out soon enough

Quick Reply: 2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion