F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All-Electric Jaguar F-Type Decision Imminent

Old 04-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,126 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Now, THAT is a beautiful XJ in the modern idiom. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:47 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
Now, THAT is a beautiful XJ in the modern idiom. Thanks.
I bet it doesn't conform to modern regs for pedestrian safety. Ian Callum reckons the only area designers have any freedom nowadays is the rear of the car.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I could be tempted by this as my first ever 4 door in 50 years of driving.
With lines like that, rear two doors are exclusively for midgets due to no head room... Do you intend to regularly drive large groups of midgets around in style and comfort? If not, F-type might be more suitable car for you.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
With lines like that, rear two doors are exclusively for midgets due to no head room... Do you intend to regularly drive large groups of midgets around in style and comfort? If not, F-type might be more suitable car for you.
The headroom would probably be no less than an x308.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Have no intention to chauffeur anyone around. It may be a more comfortable ride for me than the F-Type when I reach my 80s. Just as good looking as the F-Type, but will it have an MT?

Old 06-30-2023, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jags odious electrical history

I have had my windows roll themselves up and down, except the rear windows that won't go up unless the top is up, been through 5 batteries, an alternator and starter, been locked out of the car while it was running, wheel sensors that never work right, and a slew of other electronic problems... On a 70,000 mile car I have owned since 29,000 miles... Would I buy an electric Jag.. not no.. but Hell No.

And that's not to mention the cracked rims, the cracked shock mounts, being on my 3rd suspension setup, this time converting to Chinese struts and aftermarket rims to be able to drive over a manhole cover or pothole without breaking something, broken visors, shriveling pleather interior, all the "soft" touch buttons and surfaces turning to sticky goo, back convertible window falling out, seat latches that break in half, door lights that just fall out, headlights that turn opaque yellow every year and have to be resanded and polished, $600 key fob, etc.

​​​​​​Jags are sexy cars....but that beauty is only skin deep

This is a jag forum.. so let's be honest. As an ICE car they are undependable money pits... Can you imagine the headache and financial drain of an all electric version

Old 06-30-2023, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default End the woke climate b.s. and give sports car fans an act sports car

Ford killed the mustang, the Lincoln brand, and is now no longer making cars. It will suffer horribly as Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, and everyone else with a brain fill that slot.
They sold Jaguar and Land Rover in a sweetheart deal essentially flipping it for a quick buck with the possibility for long term gain as the new owner takes all the risk and Ford supplies the parts.
FIsk Karma is split and virtually bankrupted despite the beauty of their cars, Lucid is in the red and heading to china, Tesla is shutting American factories because sales are crap and China is their new Daddy. Very few people want EV.

​​​​​​Sports car livers damn sure don't.

I hope Jaguars new owners are watching the folley of other car makers.
If you want Jaguar to survive, pull that Triton V10 out of the F350, give it 4 valve heads which has already been done, keep the displacement, raise the C/R to 11.5 to 1, increase valve lift and duration by 15% over the the mustang 5.0 heads, have an XKR option with a Whipple screw charger, , stretch the hood out another 18", stretch the truck 12", raise the air intake system off the ground so jags will quit sucking up water and hydrolocking engines, slap some 20x12 rims on it with 315s in the rear, flare the fenders, drop it an inch, offer a manual transmission option, make Brembo or Wilwood 6 piston breaks with large diameter drilled slotted rotors standard, and use stainless headers with 4 huge carbon fiber straight through mufflers with a deep bass rumble... You know... A sports car.

Thank me later

The following users liked this post:
jcb-memphis (07-02-2023)