F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any manual f type s owners in the DMV area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Any manual f type s owners in the DMV area?

A bit of an odd request, but anyone in the surrounding Washington, DC area with an F Type S with manual transmission? I'm holding off on springing for a 911 because I love the F-type but can't seem to ever find one with a manual to even know what it drives like and I only want a manual transmission. Anyone willing to take a stranger for a ride? I'd be willing to make it worth your while with a meal or something else. There's a great cars and coffee in Mclean, VA where we could meet before so you know I'm not a criminal haha. Thank you.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by dashawshot
A bit of an odd request, but anyone in the surrounding Washington, DC area with an F Type S with manual transmission? I'm holding off on springing for a 911 because I love the F-type but can't seem to ever find one with a manual to even know what it drives like and I only want a manual transmission. Anyone willing to take a stranger for a ride? I'd be willing to make it worth your while with a meal or something else. There's a great cars and coffee in Mclean, VA where we could meet before so you know I'm not a criminal haha. Thank you.
It would take someone Unhingd to do so.

Since you're new to the Forum...let me rephrase: It would take someone named Unhingd to do so.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 07-28-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Local dealership doesn't have a demo car available?

Old 07-28-2017, 10:50 AM

Most manual transmissions are special order. It's very hard to find one at a dealership for sale. A nationwide search shows a handful and none within 200+ miles.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Ah, my anecdotal experience was the opposite. Within 15 minutes of walking into my local dealership last December, I was test-driving their loaded demo vehicle. An hour after that I was buying it at a steep discount.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in DMV (Va) and I woudn't let my wife drive it until I took her to a school parking lot where we taught the kids to drive, lol. After she said it would have been more fun if I did not make her nervous by pointing out every rock, manhole cover and minor curb or dip in the road.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nations Capital Jaguar Owners Club is meeting in Mt. Airy MD tomorrow.

If you can get in contact with one of them and see if its okay for you to come over, I'm sure you'll find somebody with a manual F-Type?

Worth a shot.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,659 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy

If you can get in contact with one of them and see if its okay for you to come over, I'm sure you'll find somebody with a manual F-Type?

Worth a shot.
Not likely to be any there given the torrential downpour we'll have tomorrow morning.

dashawshot,
I'm just off the DC Beltway in Silver Spring. I'd be happy to turn the wheel over for a couple miles. Be forewarned: the experience from an OEM V6S manual may be a bit disappointing after driving my car. I have the "Unhingd" short-shifter and another 70 horses, but that all can be rectified on your new car.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Not likely to be any there given the torrential downpour we'll have tomorrow morning.

dashawshot,
I'm just off the DC Beltway in Silver Spring. I'd be happy to turn the wheel over for a couple miles. Be forewarned: the experience from an OEM V6S manual may be a bit disappointing after driving my car. I have the "Unhingd" short-shifter and another 70 horses, but that all can be rectified on your new car.
Do you know if the event is still happening? Is there any shelter on site?

Old 07-29-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy

Worth a shot.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep a look out for future meetings.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:25 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

This is a bit of drive, but there is one near Philadelphia for sale - really nice 2016 looking convertible

Used Jaguar at eimports4Less Serving Doylestown, Bucks County, PA

Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

+I I would love to test drive a manual S! I know the dealer had a ton of manual 2016 models they couldn't get rid of, but I saw much fewer 2017 models on the lot.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Short People......

I was at my dealership and sat in a 6M British Design Edition. Being 5'6" I had to move the seat way up in order to get the clutch all the way down; had to push the steering wheel all the in as well. So for me, it was too close for comfort. Have all the clutch issues mentioned in this forum been resolved? (it is now 8/2017)

Old 08-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,659 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
I was at my dealership and sat in a 6M British Design Edition. Being 5'6" I had to move the seat way up in order to get the clutch all the way down; had to push the steering wheel all the in as well. So for me, it was too close for comfort. Have all the clutch issues mentioned in this forum been resolved? (it is now 8/2017)
1. All the issues appear to have been resolved.
2. Even at 6'+, I had to move the seat forward enough to where I felt like I was pulling my elbow behind me to shift. That sensation was resolved with the short-shifter.

The following users liked this post:
Jagged Wire (08-03-2017)